• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Good Lineout Brains? Their average heights are around 7 foot 11. Once lifted they were 11 feet in the air, doesn't mean they have a PhD in Lineout Jumping.
Actually they are very clever in their abilities to call and read line outs. Their last game against Sunnybank was a great example of that.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Good Lineout Brains? Their average heights are around 7 foot 11. Once lifted they were 11 feet in the air, doesn't mean they have a PhD in Lineout Jumping.
Was about to say, it fucking helps if you've got two giants jumping.

But at the same time, Stollberg is very good defensively in the line out, and Randells throwing improved out of sight through the season, so coaching must of helped something. Jarrad Butlers jumping also improved heaps

Zinny

Frank Row (1)
In terms of a mass clean out at GPS that's exactly what has happened . They moved on 1st grd coach,2nd grd coaches as well as 4th and 5th grd . In colts prems colts backs coach and both colts 1 and 2 coaches have been moved on as well . You are probably looking at around 8-10 coaches that have been given the axe by GPS

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In terms of a mass clean out at GPS that's exactly what has happened . They moved on 1st grd coach,2nd grd coaches as well as 4th and 5th grd . In colts prems colts backs coach and both colts 1 and 2 coaches have been moved on as well . You are probably looking at around 8-10 coaches that have been given the axe by GPS

GPS 3rd,4th and 5th grade coaches are yet to be allocated (3rds coaches from last year moved up to 2nd grade) so I don't think its going to be 8-10, probably more like 5 coaches as some blokes will be allocated to other teams. But yes I guess, now that I think about it, it is still a pretty big reshuffle for a club who were fairly successful across the board in 2013.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I agree with doing the tough things, like sacking coaches, but I honestly think if they're old boys at the club, it really leaves a lot of bitterness.

However, I do agree with the decision, Gps have had a lot of talent, especially in grades and haven't got the chocolates in regards to Premierships.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In regards to Matho, does anyone know if there was a relationship breakdown between him and Uni? Or if he was sacked? Its not like Brothers headhunted him from what I understand, Matho was actively putting his services out there to pretty much any club who was looking for a new Prems coach, for example at one stage when it looked like Shane Arnold wasnt returning he was about to be coaching GPS.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
We are all looking for some answers on a lot of things so far, the new competition, start and finishing dates, club recruiting, coaching..

47 days until 2014 rolls around and the biggest question i am asking myself is.........

Can Tigers Tale hold out?
That is the burning question haha

Meanwhile, lots of club boys named in the Aussie 7's team again.
Shannon Walker (Easts), Con Foley (Uni), Sean McMahon (GPS), Tom Lucas (Sunnybank), Nick Malouf (Uni).

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
@thebigdog Talking to Matho last year it was clear he's looking to learn & progress up to full-time professional coaching. There was no relationship breakdown at all, just ambition.

Good luck to him.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good to hear, Matho is a very likeable bloke and the uni program has gotten stronger with his assistance so I would have been surprised if there had been issues.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From reports the U20's will have a full program next year in the lead up to the JRWC. Looks like they won't be playing Premier Rugby at all.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
So that makes U20s AND 7s who won't play Premier Rugby. Is Australia the ONLY country who prepares for world rugby events by having their players play LESS to NO rugby?

Aus U20s this year looked exactly as they had prepared: like they'd played two games all year.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am guessing he is talking about the former broncos winger who went to terrace in the same year as Liam Gill, Con Foley, Matty Lucas and maybe Jed O'Hare and Brucey Williamson from souths. Would be a good pick up for any club both on and off the field if club rugby is what he is chasing.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I am guessing he is talking about the former broncos winger who went to terrace in the same year as Liam Gill, Con Foley, Matty Lucas and maybe Jed O'Hare and Brucey Williamson from souths. Would be a good pick up for any club both on and off the field if club rugby is what he is chasing.

Correct sir……..Had a booming boot in schoolboys and was a very handy 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.