• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru13

Frank Nicholson (4)
GC - Look to be taking steps to arrest their slide down the ladder with a huge contract for a big name coach

I am not sure a big name coach will be enough to attract decent cattle to bond but at least its a positive step in helping reshape the rugby program down here. There are definitely still some culture issues with young players tending to depart after they play the Colts rugby at Bond. Though this season has seen what would normally be an influx of cattle from TSS bypass Bond altogether for other clubs, with Bond missing out on the likes of Third, Fines and Brown to name a few who are plying their trade elsewhere.

On another topic altogether, I am tipping Bond to get up against Souths this weekend. Souths have hit struggle street and Bond pushed them close last time round and had the game won if they hadn't choked in the last couple of minutes. Bond still have the ability to spring a surprise on one of their last four opponents and I'm picking Souths this weekend.

on the money. great win by prems which secured all 4 bond teams getting wins over souths today. great result for the club. definitely building in the right direction in all grades i feel.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Well, well, well..Easts knock off GPS.

Best behaviour for next week, TT and T-12. I know you fire up against the Filth.

82-12 Brothers beat Norths, Easts better bring their A-game.
Debased I couldn't get to the match. Was calling my mate for updates the whole time.

Sounded like a ripper, and with 5 points in the bag, next week is going to be a ripper!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Obviously disappointed with the result yesterday but still glad to see it was close game considering the changes to GPS backline, will be interesting to see how the boys fair against Uni next week in what is a key game to determine the minor premiership.

Still a good day for the Gallopers who only dropped Prems and Brisbane 1st grade (colts 2 won on a forfeit by easts) but always disappointing not winning the big one. Ah well, good luck to Easts next week vs the Filth. Judging by the scoreline in the 'Roma Massacre' it looks like Brothers are red hot.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If Brothers win next week, the ultimate highlight is (apart from Brothers cementing a finals spot) knowing I won't have to hear TT shit chat till next year!

Oh the small things in life.....

Just kidding TT, keep it up.

SSJumbo

Bob McCowan (2)
I wish to retract my earlier posts, as i have since found out that my source of info was not reliable. I apologise for any inaccuracy.

Thanks

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - mathematically a loss for Bros or Easts wouldn't be the end but we all know that the outcome of Saturday's game will determine who gets that last top 4 spot.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Keep in mind, TT, that Sunnybank and GPS can't fall asleep, because Brothers are only 3 points off second, 3 wins could see them move into the top 2.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The tigers blew GPS off the park in the 1st 20 and were hitting hard in defence. Realistically it was nowhere near a close game and the final score line was flattering for us. Easts final 20 would be a worry for them considering they leaked so many points.

One major standout for the tigers was both their kick chase and kick return, flaccid at the back was a hot knife through butter at times and the excellent kick chases often forced us to run without support or put a rushed kick in.

For us, I was very impressed with big sika when he came on in the final 5, he added some much needed aggression and outplayed kite who was dominated from the get go. Also, Somi who has been somewhat out of favour had a massive game scored 1 or 2 and set up another 2, easily my MOTM for GPS.

On another note, how good was Samu for the reds?!

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - I am hoping that Easts can replicated there first half effort for two halves this Saturday and blow your boys off David Wilson Field to an extent that the 5 competition points they collected in Roma on the weekend will be their last for the season.

Then again your wish all year has been for Brothers to knock Easts out in the semis - well Saturday may not be played at Ballymore but you have a chance to effectively blow Easts semi-final prospects out of the park this Saturday.

It's Tigers Ladies Day and there will be a massive overly parochial crowd waiting to greet the Filth.

I know Brother more traditional foes are Uni & GPS but not many better fixtures than Easts v Bros.

And so much to play for.

T

Tigers Tale

Refabit - I give credit where credit is due - Simon Moore had a pretty good game on Saturday. A few scrum penalties were difficult to understand but he's not alone in referee world on that front.

T

Tigers Tale

Potential point finishes:

UNI 56: GPS, Souths, Bros => +15 =71
GPS 51: UNI, Bros, Snbk => +15 = 66
SNBK 49: Norths, Easts, GPS => +15 = 64
BROS 48: Easts, GPS, Uni => +15 = 63
EASTS 41: Bros, Snbk, Bond => +15 = 56

The X factor over coming weekends will be when the Reds players come back to their clubs - round 17? round 18? semis?

If all their Reds are back the GPS v Sunnybank Round 18 clash for probably 2nd spot will be a ripper.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hey TT, great to see Easts uploaded an old classic - Filth v Tigs 1984 on twitter.

I think Brothers got the chocolates rather easily that day. Easts did put up a good fight, but a Tony Shaw lead Brothers were too strong in the end.
Brw4WoDCYAA0Sgp.jpg

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well, well, well..Easts knock off GPS.

Best behaviour for next week, TT and T-12. I know you fire up against the Filth.

82-12 Brothers beat Norths, Easts better bring their A-game.
Filth, I fired up the DeLorean on Saturday and dragged myself out of the past to have a look at the Tigers and Jeeps. Tigers very impressive in the first half particularly. Placid was on fire, rest of the backs well drilled with good execution and a hard working, hard hitting pack of forwards.

The Butcher boys will need to be on their toes.

T

Tigers Tale

Yes Filth - its a great photo of the two Brothers-in-Law - Tony Shaw married Peter "Spider" McLean's sister Judy.

Easts won the major semi that year but Brothers reversed the result in the big one (15-3 I think was the score). I don't recall the Tigers ever being in it on GF day 1984 Brother just had too much class.

I think this photo was a full page cover on the Friday afternoon's Telegragh before the GF.

Two tough Wallabies forwards were the respective captains back then and today the captain's photo would be of two tough half-backs in Dave Campbell and Jack Mullins.

Sadly I don't think Campbell or Mullins will get the chance to test themselves in the NRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.