• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sam Johnson was down at GPS training last night, hopefully means hes playing on the weekend (I'm thrilled hes in Reds contention but we need him!) Kuridrani and Kerevi both with the Reds.

Expecting a big crowd on the weekend, apparently 500+ coming from corporates and sponsors alone so it will be a great atmosphere.

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
I am aware that Hutchinson was injured, Tommy B, but the selection of Genia certainly backfired, my puzzlement is with the coaching selection, if Genia has displayed some form in his previous outings I would go along with his selection, but this was not the case, The coach would have been better to have stayed with smith at HB and started the player they put on at FB to allow Smith to go to HB when they hooked Genia. I will wait to see what they do this weekend. It's frustrating to see the sticking with the same players week in and week out and they are getting flogged each week towards the end of the comp. Now would be a time to blood some new players to see what they offer for next season. If you are not winning with the cattle you have got, you need to change. And for all those that say there are no players to come up to standard, how would the coaches know, they don't try any of them anyway.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Where are they going to get the players from though Rat? Wests Prem Reserve and Perm Colts are both on the bottom of the table. It's not like there would be to many players pushing to be selected. I guess the coaches thought mixing things up might help the team out, obviously it didn't.
Wests really need to get on the recruiting wagon now to find some more players for 2015. They have some talent but need more depth and a few other guys to get them over the line.
Hopefully these young props hang around and develop. They were pushed around on the weekend but Hirimaki is a good player and knows how to target the opposition.

T

Tigers Tale

T12 if Toby White is back I think they would move Mullins to 12.

I agree Deck and Mullins have both been great in the resurgence since round 9.

Deck is a very handy goal kicker as well which with the presence of Brandon doesn't get used.

It's not often that Tigers get praised T12 - it is just what you come to expect with the Tigers. Even after winning the 2013 Hospital Cup I don't think that the team was appreciated for being a great all round side.

Whilst on halfbacks - with Mike Harris moving onto the Rebels next year why wouldn't the Reds give Scott Gale a start at No.9 this Saturday and leave Lucas @ 10 - they have nothing to lose.

Even start Sam Johnston @ 12, put Turner @ #15 and put JJ on a wing?

Maybe bring McDurling into the side and let Rob Simmons come off the bench.

Wouldn't have hurt to swing Gunn onto the bench as well for this game. Having said that I'm glad he's suiting up for the Tigers on Saturday. It is no surprise that the tigers season has been on an upward trajectory since Gunn came back from injury.

I just hope that Gunn doesn't have to move interstate to get a chance.

3 sleeps Filth!!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TT, I heard your biggest crowd was against the Students (Sydney University) at the beginning of this year. The best crowd Easts have ever had in 60 + years.

Brothers use to have an enormous amount of support in the 1980s and onwards when Eales was playing, but it died a bit when the club nearly went under in the 90s.

I'd be very pleased if University knocked off GPS convincingly this weekend.

I really don't ask for much, Uni. So please do this one favour! haha

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
By the way. I found out a few days ago, and forgot to share, but Brothers have there 'Old Bhoys day' against GPS! There should be a great turn by both clubs and here's hoping a Brothers win.

Stumpy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here's what Filth is talking about.

I expect to see you out there, Tigers Tale.
10500578_10152540642806240_6712259344799692985_n.jpg

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lots of big days being crammed into these last few weeks of the regular season! I know my pockets are going to be fairly light at the end of the month with this weekends sponsors day at Yoku, big day at Crosby next week and finishing the season with a women's charity day vs Sunnybank at GPS.

Looking forward to it all.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - touch and go as to whether Sydney Uni or last year v Brothers was the biggest crowd at Bottomley, but all I can say is that there should be a big one this Saturday.

As for Uni v GPS - I don't really care I just hope that they both knock you off in Rounds 17 & 18.

Pity I can't make your "Fill the Hill" day - would be great to be surrounded by old boys from my favourite two clubs!!!

T

Tigers Tale

Offer it up Big Dog.

Need your boys to knock off Brothers at Crosby though.

You should have Kerevie, Johnson, Kirundrani back for that clash.

Sincerely sad to hear about Frisby because missing the finals will really hurt him - he bleeds GPS that guy.

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Filth - touch and go as to whether Sydney Uni or last year v Brothers was the biggest crowd at Bottomley, but all I can say is that there should be a big one this Saturday.

As for Uni v GPS - I don't really care I just hope that they both knock you off in Rounds 17 & 18.

Pity I can't make your "Fill the Hill" day - would be great to be surrounded by old boys from my favourite two clubs!!!
TT, I was a spectator for both of these days. Reckon you are right that the crowd numbers were about even. No doubt though that the combined crowd IQ number was much higher the day that Brothers played.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If we are all making wishes here I'd like GPS to beat Uni by more than 7 but not score 4 tries and for Easts and Brothers to have a low scoring draw.

That will hope fully have the Dragons 2 points off top spot after the weekend.

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sam Johnson was down at GPS training last night, hopefully means hes playing on the weekend (I'm thrilled hes in Reds contention but we need him!) Kuridrani and Kerevi both with the Reds.

Expecting a big crowd on the weekend, apparently 500+ coming from corporates and sponsors alone so it will be a great atmosphere.
BigDog, how did Zangari pull up after Saturday? I thought he was out cold after he was smashed initially then after the play came back his way a couple of minutes later it looked like a reflex action to pick himself up take the pass, dash about 20 metres only to be buried again...thankfully sanity prevailed and they dragged him off.

T

Tigers Tale

Stumpy if I was doing the promotional material for your Old Boys day - I would call it "Filth the Hill".

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
BigDog, how did Zangari pull up after Saturday? I thought he was out cold after he was smashed initially then after the play came back his way a couple of minutes later it looked like a reflex action to pick himself up take the pass, dash about 20 metres only to be buried again.thankfully sanity prevailed and they dragged him off.

Unfortunately i'm not sure about Zangari's current status but you'd think he may not be available this week pending a clearance from the impact resulting in concussion.

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog - GPS weren't too quick to drag off your #22 who was clearly concussed also.

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Unfortunately i'm not sure about Zangari's current status but you'd think he may not be available this week pending a clearance from the impact resulting in concussion.
Thanks BD, I suspected he was concussed, just hoping for his sake he hadn't copped a fracture of any sort. Loved the physicality of the game last week, just don't want to see anybody get too busted up. Particularly coming into finals time, nothing worse than watching finals injured.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Big Dog - GPS weren't too quick to drag off your #22 who was clearly concussed also.

To be fair, I doubt any club would be deliberately negligent in terms of player well being. It can be hard to establish the extent of a head injury and resulting concussion until post game where the new laws (which are strongly enforced by the club) dictate the player can't play again before being cleared by a doctor.

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
To be fair, I doubt any club would be deliberately negligent in terms of player well being. It can be hard to establish the extent of a head injury and resulting concussion until post game where the new laws (which are strongly enforced by the club) dictate the player can't play again before being cleared by a doctor.
BD, agree 100%. I was on the side of the field that Zangari was on and when I posted earlier that sanity prevailed it was in praise of the Jeeps trainer. I got the impression that Zangari was insisting he would be right to continue (as most blokes do I guess, although it was surprising to see a back do it;)).

Ironingman

Allen Oxlade (6)
An issue Brothers don't have to worry about, Tommy B!
Yeah Filth, real shame for Dom and a pity we we might not get to see him play for Brothers again. He always really put in when he had the opportunity to play for the club.

At least I suppose he will still be in blue and white. The Rebels ARC strip was almost identical to the Brothers one in the poster that Stumpy posted. I think that is why I always felt Crofty looked good in it and I had a bit of a soft spot for the ARC Rebels.

I miss watching Crofty play, I was fortunate to see plenty of his father Dennis playing as well and I don't think you would find two tougher blokes anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.