• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I've always rated big Dave Feao!
He played loose-head for Souths at 19 years of age in the 2009 Grand Final along with Saia Fainga'a (#2) and Sam Denny (#3). A hard runner who makes plenty of metres and is also solid scrummager. Along with Turner he has been one of the Magpies best in 2015.

Huge Garryowen

Frank Row (1)
Is it just me or is the forum a little flavourless after the departure of TT!! Very quiet considering its finals time. Curious if JOC (James O'Connor) & Hunt attended filths mad Monday celebrations?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I've always rated big Dave Feao!
He played loose-head for Souths at 19 years of age in the 2009 Grand Final along with Saia Fainga'a (#2) and Sam Denny (#3). A hard runner who makes plenty of metres and is also solid scrummager. Along with Turner he has been one of the Magpies best in 2015.

The fact he plays in 20 minutes spells, in the Souths front row rotation really hurts him for higher honours. He is more than capable of playing there but his conditioning is holding him back

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
(Sportsbet)

Preliminary Final

University $1.62 v Souths $2.25

Premiership

Easts $1.62
University $2.75
Souths $8.00

Huge Garryowen

Frank Row (1)
$8 for Souths to win the comp, do the bookies know something we don't? That seems abnormally high for a 3 horse race. Does this suggest that Souths will be 4-1 in the final if they Progress tomorrow? There will be a flock of magpie supporters swooping on these odds.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nothing tougher than framing odds on a rugby match. Unlike the boring and predictable footy codes played here in Aus - specifically soccer and NRL - the outcome of a Rugby match is susceptible to an infinite multitude of influencing factors. I wouldn't place too much importance on what Sportsbet or any other betting shop is predicting.

Although I am a passionate lifelong Easts fan, I reckon this comp is up for grabs to whoever is prepared to be the most patient, cool under pressure and smartest on the day. There is really nothing in it as the three clubs that are still in contention each have a very balanced set of strengths and weaknesses. All three remaining teams are capable of winning this year's hospital cup. What a great outcome from a terrific season!

Ignore the bullshit around betting markets - It's now over to the players, coaches and - in a small but significant way - fans. May the most deserving team win!

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
Nothing tougher than framing odds on a rugby match. Unlike the boring and predictable footy codes played here in Aus - specifically soccer and NRL - the outcome of a Rugby match is susceptible to an infinite multitude of influencing factors. I wouldn't place too much importance on what Sportsbet or any other betting shop is predicting.

Although I am a passionate lifelong Easts fan, I reckon this comp is up for grabs to whoever is prepared to be the most patient, cool under pressure and smartest on the day. There is really nothing in it as the three clubs that are still in contention each have a very balanced set of strengths and weaknesses. All three remaining teams are capable of winning this year's hospital cup. What a great outcome from a terrific season!

Ignore the bullshit around betting markets - It's now over to the players, coaches and - in a small but significant way - fans. May the most deserving team win!

Ahem....... and referees.

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a game! Take home messages from that:

1. CFS is strong in attack and defence
2. JJ Taulagi needs to settle down a bit off the ball...
3. UQ Front row are full of dumb dumbs... (Red card for headbutting, penalty in the 22 in the 81st minute to lose them the game)
4. Souths Front row are fast... All of their starting 3 made decent 40m+ breaks

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow what a great semi. Can't believe that unusual brain explosion at the end to gift Souths the three points. I do believe also the try by Uni before full time wasn't even taken from the mark, but by the by now. Great watch looking forward to next week

Status
Not open for further replies.