• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bond Uni has a bit of cash so I wouldn't be surprised to see them both end up there, as much from promotional opportunities.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They choose themselves. Like any player. I'd suggest the coaches may sometimes have a suggestion or two however.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Any update on the GPS & Norths coaching roles? I believe Tim Sampson will head up Easts in 2015.

Any other movement?

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Any update on the GPS & Norths coaching roles? I believe Tim Sampson will head up Easts in 2015.

Any other movement?
I think Norths are close to appointing theirs, I have no idea whether it is good or bad news, hopefully the former. From what I can gather Colts are forming a solid base of coaches which is vital for the club to survive than prosper moving forward.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Surely if the QRU are serious about making their competition more competitive they would push new recruits to some of the weaker sides rather than playing for Uni or the Bank. Hunt lives on the coast so surely he will link up with Bond. How about O'Connor playing for Wests or Norths, however thinking about the previous behaviour of the boy maybe the Filth will be the perfect fit.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Didnt he grow up on the Gold Coast and play league as a junior? I suppose his few games at Brothers juniors during his Old Boy sponsored trip through Nudgee qualifies him for a Filth. Once a Filth, always a Filth. Ths should really help the Premier Grade as a competition.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Doesn't really matter what club JOC (James O'Connor) is playing for as he will only ever don the jersey for photos. (Love it or hate it he is a wallaby)
Hunt will be pretty similar but if the reds miss finals he might play a few games at the back end of the season.
The ones people should be asking about are the other 2. Everybody loves a good back rower.
And where should the kid 5/8 go? Got to be somewhere to help develop him since coming from league but the best 5 clubs have the best 6 10's already (sunnybank being greedy with 2) and all are kids except Brandon. Or do the reds want him more of a 12?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rugby Follower, I really have no idea why you're bagging Brothers- a club with no representative players at the moment.

Perhaps you've mistaken us for Jeeps, Sunnybank or Uni.

My intention wasn't to start an argument, I just hope the majority go to the less-successful clubs.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Rugby Follower, I really have no idea why you're bagging Brothers- a club with no representative players at the moment.

My intention wasn't to start an argument, I just hope the majority go to the less-successful clubs.

Filth/Breakdown, no bitterness here, I was just poking some fun at Filth's expense. I played for the butcher's stripes for many years in the country so I know how deep the culture runs at that place. Norths are what they are, a success starved club who is trying hard to rebuild. My underlying point is that the QRU should be trying to build depth across all the clubs and any new recruits from out of town that have no existing relationship with a premier club should be shared around the various clubs, maybe starting from the bottom club and then working up from there, similar to an AFL draft where the bottom team has the first draft pick. I really don't think that would be too difficult to implement.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)

I also apologise for my poor attempt at humor at your expense. You are obviously a proud supporter and advocate of your local club, which all rugby clubs need.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
They choose themselves. Like any player. I'd suggest the coaches may sometimes have a suggestion or two however.

Bond are "chasing" Hunt - supposedly he wants to undertake some study there. Good fit because of the large AFL following on the Coast Suns. Would lift some profile among non-rugby supporters, namely and to the detriment of AFL.

I understand Bond do not want JOC (James O'Connor). Is seen as a shithouse role model (and rightfully so). His football ability is another thing totally

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
As mentioned earlier, big rumors going around Ashgrove that Picone and Tuquiri are off to Souths next year, coaching Premier Grade. A few people worried what influence Picone will have on some of the players he represents staying at the club, its been a major draw card for GPS in the past but now could really hurt if a few blokes jump ship. You'd think recent success and what most players believe is a good culture should keep majority down at Yoku though.

I have also heard the Todd Dammers rumor regarding GPS Premier Grade position. There are a few names being thrown around but his seems to be one constantly coming up so am inclined to think its a done deal.

Also think JOC (James O'Connor) will align himself with Brothers. As mentioned by Filth he did play several seasons there as a junior and still has a strong friendship base there through Nudgee etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.