• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Fairly sure GPS managed a clean sweep of Wests today Prems-4th grade and all Colts. Finally getting things together at Yoku! Look out Filth next weekend in the first home game of the year!

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
There was a bit of a breeze at sylvan road but nothing to benefit either side. First half GPS looked really slick in there play and at the halftime break you thought GPS by how many. Then to Wests credit they fought there way back into the match. To me it looked like GPS became very nervous when they were in front and struggled to close it out. But a win is win and the gallopers are away. Congrats to the boys who took the $2.64 yesterday!!!

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Both teams looked scared to win dizzle when Wests finally got within one try to win they started kicking the ball away,chipping in their own half and running out on the short blindside. Gps we're pushing passes something they hadn't done all game. Both teams looked like a bit of panic set in. I didn't think a couple of reds players would make that much difference but 10 and 12 for gps were great in the first half.good game just to many mistakes from both teams.

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
Both teams looked scared to win dizzle when Wests finally got within one try to win they started kicking the ball away,chipping in their own half and running out on the short blindside. Gps we're pushing passes something they hadn't done all game. Both teams looked like a bit of panic set in. I didn't think a couple of reds players would make that much difference but 10 and 12 for gps were great in the first half.good game just to many mistakes from both teams.
Dyson totally agree. I think I stopped counting GPS turnovers at 12. Lot of pushed passes etc form either side. But I am sure the GPS shed was a relieved one after the match. A few home games will help them out now

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers won 42 - 15 over Norths.​
Norths played well in patches and tested the Brethren late in the first half.​
Brothers got a few late tries to extend the score-line.​
Tongan Thor got yellow carded late in the second half for a shoulder charge, but still played well gaining plenty of metres and scrummaging hard.​
Credit to Norths, irrespective of the score-line, they still played to a high standard and should be a difficult opposition for all teams this year.​
Results in other games didn't go Brothers way at all. Bond beating Sunnybank and Easts beating Souths makes the top five crowded with GPS gaining momentum.​
From a non-biased perspective, I think it is great to see Bond on top of the ladder. They have had a number of tough years, and it does speak volumes of how strong and competitive Queensland Premier Rugby is.​

T

Tigers Tale

Highlight of the Tigers 27-25 defeat of Souths was Michael Gunn running 50+metres to score what was ultimately the match winner with 5 to go, then Souths scored a try off the last play line out and had a chance to snatch a draw with a successful convertion but Easts who had Gunn & Ready spend 10 each in the bin deserved their 4 tries to 3 victory that was primarily the result of their dominate scrum.

Kirwan Sanday may well end up in the Fijian RWC squad if he keeps his current form going.

Gunn, Ready, Sanday, Power starred for the Tigers as did Muirhead & the #13 for Souths.

T

Tigers Tale

My review above was only based on the second half as I arrive at half time when Easts were up 14-6.

T

Tigers Tale

Prem Grade Table

1. Bond played 5 - 18;
2. Uni 4 - 17;
3. Snbk 4 - 16;
4. Easts 4 - 15;
5. Bros 4 - 13;
6. Souths 5 - 9;
7. Wests 5 - 7;
8. GPS 4 - 5;
9. Norths 5 - 5.

T

Tigers Tale

Allegedly not coming through the gate - Gunn was sent within first 5 minutes so not as if it was a case of constant infringement - Ready's also was a bolt out of the blue.

I am lead to believe that both players were a little unlucky.

Easts have now had quite a few this season - I think that's 6 to date 2 v GPS & 2 v Uni.

Now if this is just referees asserting their authority it could cost clubs players later in the season because I think if you get 3 in a season you have to spend a week on the sideline.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Allegedly not coming through the gate - Gunn was sent within first 5 minutes so not as if it was a case of constant infringement - Ready's also was a bolt out of the blue.

Easts have now had quite a few this season - I think that's 6 to date 2 v GPS & 2 v Uni.

Now if this is just referees asserting their authority it could cost clubs players later in the season because I think if you get 3 in a season you have to spend a week on the sideline.

The 13 for SOUTHS was guilty of putting the ball under one arm all day even when he had support and options.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)

Don't try and make out like Easts are getting some short straw here TT. You say they have had quite a few this season already. Its probably more of a discipline issue than the referees 'asserting their authority'. Not all refs are out to give Easts a hard time.

T

Tigers Tale

Don't try and make out like Easts are getting some short straw here TT. You say they have had quite a few this season already. Its probably more of a discipline issue than the referees 'asserting their authority'. Not all refs are out to give Easts a hard time.

Big Dog there was no hint of a conspiracy theory behind my post regarding this - I was simply wanting to get a gauge as to whether there was a refereeing trend of higher number of sin bins this year.

I do think that the Gunn SB on Saturday was clearly the case of the referee wanting to assert his authority because at the 5 minute mark of the game, it was not a case of continued infringement nor was it a cynical offence.

All I am saying is that if there is a refereeing trend to use the SB as a means of asserting their authority then SB numbers will be up and may well see guys missing games as a result.

I think that wrong for any player/club in the comp(not just Easts).

I am capable of making objective posts.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Uni cops a lot of yellow cards - IIRC they topped the count last year by a fair way?. The game v Norths this year was unusual because Uni had 15 players for the whole game.

Most of the cards are for repeat infringements, and probably a consequence of the style Heenan-coached teams play. Remembering all the way back to 2010, in the final round against Bank Uni substituted all players who were sitting on 2 yellow cards once they were far enough ahead. That alone took up virtually all the permitted player rotations for that game.

So I haven't really noticed a change in how Uni are refereed and the numbers seem fairly consistent this year to last, at least to someone who doesn't look at team sheets.

I didn't see it so can't comment on the specific incident, but a YC in the first min for repeat infringements might have come from the same infringement occurring multiple times in consecutive rucks? Or be judged cynical?

Status
Not open for further replies.