• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
TT I can see where you are coming from with mowen and Paul but turner is a big stretch unless he plays for them again.

Armett it was just a joke and I am sure the ref was well justified. I haven't seen too many penalty try's that's aren't.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I would be interested to see who people see as the "marquee" players from each club.
For years at uni I would suggest it's been Tim Buchanan and before him Heath Tessman.

When I look at the clubs I thinks it's
Norths - vuki
Souths - vander Walt
Wests - Mick Lee or Tim smith
Easts - was Matt Brandon now, Micheal gunn or Toby white
Sunnybank - Rex, Mcintyre or Blomfield
GPS - Gorman? Or Johnston
Brothers - Tongan Thor
Gold Coast - Fuimaono
Uni - probably Wakley, Pincus or de Guingand

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I'd have Connor Mitchell ahead of de Guingand for Uni, RH. He might play his 50th Premier Grade game for the club this weekend and I'm not sure if he's even turned 21 yet.

Hard to argue with Pincus, but I'd also put Parker ahead of Wakely.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
I would be interested to see who people see as the "marquee" players from each club.
For years at uni I would suggest it's been Tim Buchanan and before him Heath Tessman.

When I look at the clubs I thinks it's
Norths - vuki
Souths - vander Walt
Wests - Mick Lee or Tim smith
Easts - was Matt Brandon now, Micheal gunn or Toby white
Sunnybank - Rex, Mcintyre or Blomfield
GPS - Gorman? Or Johnston
Brothers - Tongan Thor
Gold Coast - Fuimaono
Uni - probably Wakley, Pincus or de Guingand

Are you excluding all fully contracted players from the mix Red Heavy or only those who don't play regularly? If it's the latter my only changes would be:

Souths - Muirhead (where has Van Der Walt come from out of interest?)
Easts - Ready and Wilkin (as well as Gunn)
Bank - Add Lolo Fakaosilea to that list
GPS - Johnson (step above Gorman)
Bond - Add Sam Fattal to the list
Uni - Sef Faagase (as well as Pincus)

T

Tigers Tale

SOTG - unfortunately I think it will be sometime before we see Brad Wilkin pull on an Easts jersey if ever again.

Just a few to consider:

SNBK - what about that winger that scored that try in the NRC final - Junior XXX????

EASTS - Sanday has been one of the best tight heads in the comp for 4/5 seasons now (@ Brothers and now Easts);

EASTS - Elliot Hagen is a pretty special player;

GPS - Tuttle;

BROS - those outside backs are special too - what is it @ Crosby but for years now (circa. Murphy Bros) they have been able to score a long range try and they are doing it again in 2015.

BROS - no mention by anyone of Sam Greene - have we all just fallen out of love with Greenie??

BOND - I would rate Sam Cox ahead of Fatal in marquee stacks - he doesn't necessarily look it but he is one of the most reliable back 3 players in the comp and is the current QPR15 leading point scorer. If the Bond are to go deep into this season they will need him to stay fit.

UNI - Connor Mitchell without a doubt is true class.

T

Tigers Tale

I know it is a big call at this stage of the season but I think Sam Cox could go close to winning the Alec Evans Medal - the Referees love point scorers.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think Toby White is one player who should have played Super Rugby. Another very underrated player.

Tongan Thor is probably the one player destined for Super Rugby from Brothers. It feels like 10 years since we last has a rep player for Queensland.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I know it is a big call at this stage of the season but I think Sam Cox could go close to winning the Alec Evans Medal - the Referees love point scorers.
Not sure that's true - other than Brandon who was the last Alex Evans medal winner who kicked? Dizzy, Rex, the 8 from Norths, the 7 from sunny coast all certainly didn't.

T

Tigers Tale

Fair point Red Heavy - but quite often when they go to award the Musashi MOM they will go for guys that have contributed to the score on the day.

That's what I feel for example I thought Green, McIntyre & Brandon won multiple Musashi's each last year.

But having said that this year 3 forwards and 2 backs have received the Musashi - see below

ROUND
MATCH OF THE ROUND
MUSASHI HIGH PERFORMER
TEAM
R1
Sunnybank v South
Sunnybank
R2
Easts v GPS
Easts
R3
Brothers v Sunnybank
Sunnybank
R4
University v Easts
Jack De Guingand (#7)
University
R5
Sunnybank v Bond
Bond

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - Murphy, McKibbin, Coady all got given chances by the Reds out of your 2008-09 premiership window teams.

Dom Shipperley is another.

So it is not so "wow me Brothers" when it come to representative players as you like to point out.

I mean when was the last time Norths had a players start for the Reds - Blair O'Connor maybe back in 2009/10?

The Easts players that have graduated to S15 starting spots/contracts of recent time have had to leave the state - e.g. Butler, Placid, Enever.

If they are good enough they'll make it whether that is with the Reds or another Australian Franchise - you just need to be identified and given an opportunity - e.g. Angus Cottrell, Rory Arnold, Smith twins, etc

I know its a week early for this but steady on their Filth!

I will be watching your posts closely over the next week but please don't post a list of the Brothers' Wallabies because it would go over 3 pages, maybe you could just list your Wallaby Captains!! :)

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
TT and other Tiger faithful...If Wests can hold onto the ball for two halves you might have your hands full on Saturday.
The 13 - Tyrone ? is something else...the more ball he gets the harder it gets for the Tigers..The 6 for Wests, Lynch, is also very impressive.
Bulldogs are a bit like Greg Bird at his own wedding, but if they can stay off the Ajax and focus for longer than 20 seconds who knows what might happen at Bottomley on Saturday...other than warm XXXX and cold hot dogs...

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Looking about the posts re Easts and YCs... The issue is clearly in the coaching not the referees. Where there is smoke there is fire and the way Pat Richards coaches the tackle contest has brought many a card in the past. I get a sore neck from shaking my head at Bottomley sometimes.
Six cards from different refs shows a team issue than a decision flaw from the refs.

And Sam Cox, should have been playing at a higher level by now IMO. But I said the same as Michael Bond and the Reds continued to ignore him on two occasions.

T

Tigers Tale

Not biting lads but Wests have been close in most of their Tiger clashes over last couple of years so can't see them underestimating the doggies but at home I think the Tigers will get the chocolates.

Will be interested to see the lineups - will Quirke be there or will the Tigers save him for the Filth?

T

Tigers Tale

The issue is clearly in the coaching not the referees. Where there is smoke there is fire and the way Pat Richards coaches the tackle contest has brought many a card in the past. I get a sore neck from shaking my head at Bottomley sometimes.
Six cards from different refs shows a team issue than a decision flaw from the ref.

Corne I will say 2 things though:
1. Pat Richards is not the 2015 Easts Prems coach;
2. The 6 Easts YCs have come in 3 games.

The Tigers will learn that playing 20 mins with 14 men is not the best way to maximize their chances in this comp.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
McVerry played for the Brumbies a year or two ago didn't he? But yes I think he does turn 35 this year.

No idea about the Prem Colts sides. I know you can check them on RugbyLink after the game is played. Also lots of clubs (for example GPS this weekend) post all their grades in booklets on home days.

Status
Not open for further replies.