• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Haha Filth I guess when the three most senior coaches at the club move on it creates something to talk about!

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - looks like you might end up with JOC (James O'Connor), K & the Thor on your books that should stop your "Reds don't rate the Filth" thread.

T

Tigers Tale

Perhaps we should reconsider and remain this forum to "GPS Gallopers 2015"?

Tigers Tale can you get us back on track, maybe with something provocative?

Filth perhaps it should be the "Woh me GPS" thread - the fact is that GPS missed a golden opportunity in 2013 - it was a season in which Uni, Snbk & Bros were all a bit down but Easts took the opportunity to cash in.

They still finished second in the Doughty Shield in 2014 so surely the club will be there or thereabouts in every grade in 2015 but they won't win the Hospital Cup in 2015.

Loyalty to GPS - ask Mick Heenan about that!!!

T

Tigers Tale

TT, can you reply to my question above, please?
Filth maybe I am irt K but I have heard from sources that would know that JOC (James O'Connor) & the Thor will be linked with Bros in 2015.

But K has bought at Hendra so Crosby would be his closest club.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I wouldn't be surprised if JOC (James O'Connor) and Thor end up at Brothers.

JOC (James O'Connor) for the various reasons i've listed before (mates, school ties etc) and Thor because Brothers Prem Colts program has been one of the best over the last 2-3 years and if the QRU have a say in his placement then it would be one of the top candidates (apart from the obvious choice of Uni). Ben McCormack is a good coach and will help his development.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Does anyone know if Prem Colts is moving to U20 laws next year? It'd be nice to bring it in line with NSW and the IRB JWC and I know there have been discussions had.

If colts remains U19 then I think Thor should and will play grades. NZ has fully contested scrums at the level he's been playing, and going from that to U19 scrum laws would be a step backwards and IMO the worst thing for his development as a prop. Especially so given he'll be packing live scrums at Reds training anyway.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ In NSW Colts 3rd Grade plays under Under 19 Law variations, with Colts 2 and Colts 1 playing "International" Laws. Shute Shield COlts is Under 20 age limited.

Colts 3 players benching for Colts 2 need to remember that they are playing under different Laws. Most seem to manage OK.

I think all NSW Subbies Colts play "International" Laws although they can stay in Colts for their U21 year.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Cheers TT. I hope Thor and JOC (James O'Connor) do come to God's Country.

Khunt might go to Norths by the sound of things, I hope he does, it'd be good for the Eagles.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth I'd be happy if K chose to play for Norths but you never know - K might see the Tigers as a viable option.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth do you think that Tim Sampson might be able to entice some of the Country boys to come over and play for him at Tigerland? A Magnay, Johnson or JJ would fit nicely into the 2015 tiger's backline which won't have the services of UJ, Placid or Toua in 2015. I think the Tigers need to add to their backline and backrow depth for 2015 if they are going to be Hospital Cup contenders.

In terms of 2015 Premier Grade Coaches - can some fill in the gaps in this list:
Easts - Sampson
Bros - Matheson
GPS - ???
Uni - Heenan
Wests - ???
Norths - Fogarty
Souths - ???
Sunnybank - ???

On another note: Very interesting to see another Tiger - Andrew Parker - added to the Country squad, he returned to Townsville earlier this year after coming off the bench in the 2013 GF. He is listed on the bench for Sunday's big Qld derby.

Does anyone know but is Kirwan Sanday injured?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
TT you haven't been paying attention to the forum over the last few weeks. The talk has been almost entirely about the coaches of GPS and Souths. Todd Dammers will coach GPS and Brett Picone and Elia Tuqiri will be at Souths with Michael Broad as Director of Rugby and Coaching.

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks Warhorse - I had seen all the back and forth about GPS and lost interest to be honest!!!

So that means that the 2015 Premier Grade Coaches will be:
Bond - Hedger
Bros - Matheson
Easts - Sampson (DOR:Richards)
GPS - Dammers
Norths - Fogarty
Souths - Tuqiri/Picone/Van Humphries (DOR: Broad)
Sunnybank - ???
Uni - Heenan
Wests - Byron ???

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Thanks Warhorse - I had seen all the back and forth about GPS and lost interest to be honest!!!

So that means that the 2015 Premier Grade Coaches will be:
Bond - Hedger
Bros - Matheson
Easts - Sampson (DOR:Richards)/apparently has Anthony Connellan assisting
GPS - Dammers
Norths - Fogarty
Souths - Tuqiri/Picone/Van Humphries (DOR: Broad)
Sunnybank - Rumours are it will remain the same: Seib/WallaceH/Bishop
Uni - Heenan/Allen
Wests - Byron/Willis

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I was at the NRC game on Sunday and heard rumours that norths qld country hooker tonga Maafu is off to uni next season.
Not sure if true but hat would be a massive loss for the already struggling eagles. Do they have the manpower to replace him?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Would definitely be a big loss. Tonga is still only 21 I believe, young and raw in terms of front rowers so he has a big upside. I was initially surprised by his selection in QLD Country but the experience will make him much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.