• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

In December 2013 wasn't Greene saying he was playing for Wests in 2014?

I hope he does play for Brothers - it will provide a nice little channel for other teams to target - the kid can kick but he can't tackle.

SX I honestly believe if the Tigers can pick up a players or two in the off season they can really challenge Sunnybank & Uni throughout the season proper but if the Reds have an early finish to S15 then Sunnybank & Uni become an entirely different proposition come QPR finals time.

Do clubs start field training soon with the early 2015 start?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TT, clubs (most) have already started training for 'premier' divisions - i.e. prem grade, prem reserve and perm colts.

SX, I think you'll find University will be in the finals for next year (most likely, The GF). I think Red Heavy and Cat, understandably, are being cautious with their predictions, but Uni simply have the depth (in the forwards) and plenty of representative talent, with makes it easier at the back end of the season.

However, I think Brothers will put in a strong effort to ruin any back2back efforts by the Students.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm predicting a lean year down at Yoku. A new coach, players leaving due to rep duties and retirement and possibly a few more filtering to Souths and Norths may leave GPS in need of some rebuilding. Not necessarily a bad thing but I wouldn't be surprised if results aren't as strong as previous years.

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog going to Yoku will still be a tough day out in 2015 you will have guys that will step up to Prem Grade. GPS will again be serious finals contenders.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - in no particular order my 2015 final 4 prediction is Uni, Bros, Easts & Bond.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I doubt any team with a backline of the one below will struggle:

9.Grasso

10.Tuttle

11.Magnay

12.Johnson

13. Kerevi

14. Kuridrani

15. Tela

And knowing GPS they have p[probably made done some good recruitment they will be top 3 again.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
TD I highly doubt you'll see that backline together much in 2015 with majority of players away with u20's and the Reds.

Also I heard Grasso may have gone to Souths.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Draw for anyone who hasn't seen it.

10616184_914869118523554_1637652058429206249_n.jpg

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Worst case scenario you don't have them for half the season but I would suggest that you would be seeing a whole lot of Johnson & Kerevi.

And any team that has backups the calibre of Weir, Zangari, McWhirter Winkley and Herbert will be in for a solid season.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS forwards are the area of worry, some good recruitment is probably needed with Kite and Nicol moving on.

Guys like Freney, Gorman and Kotze will be better after their NRC involvements but with veterans Ferguson, Donaldson and King apparently retiring the depth will be tested. The forwards haven't had the same grunt since the Smith twins departed for ACT few years ago. If they had stuck around I daresay the Gallopers would have gotten over the line for a Premiership or two.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
One of Easts big stuggles this year which has traditonally been one of our strengths is the second row. As has been said previously, Enever has made the move south to the Brumbies, and there have been whispers Fattal may have been lured back to the Breakers. If this is true, I would that woud likely leave James Moore and Greg Riley as the starting premier grade locks assuming they are both returning to tigerland in 2015. TT you seem to be more in the know than I am, what's your take on it?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
The JRWC finishes mid to late June, about the same time as super 15 I think, so by the time the boys from that come home they will probably only play a game or 2 at the back end.

I heard early on that Johnson, kerevi, tela, grasso where heading to souths and magnay easts but this may not have eventuated as I heard the same about uni losing a few (souths and gc) but it looks like only one or two will go.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I believe Kerevi and Magnay have committed to GPS, haven't seen with my own eyes but heard from reliable sources. The others though I wouldn't be surprised if they went to Souths.

Anyone from Souths know who they've been able to secure? Any word whether Shane Arnold is helping Picone out? From what I know, Buzz isn't the most 'hands on coach' so I assume there will be quite a few assistants in the same vein as Elia Tuquri floating around.

T

Tigers Tale

Wow Red Heavy - Magnay would look good in the blue and gold.

The others to Souths would help the Magpies.

As for Easts Lock Stocks - I presume James Moore will be back in 2015 but I think Riles may be hanging up the boots. Haven't heard about Fatal lets hope he's a Tiger in 2015.

A pack consisting of:
1. Paraka
2. Ready
3. Sanday
4. Moore
5. Fatal
6. Wilkin
7. Gunn
8. Fox
Doesn't look to shabby.

Backline:
9. Mullins/Deck;
10. Brandon;
11. Wilder
12. Perese/Skelton
13. White
14. ????
15. Turner

If the Tigers get this side on the park regularly they will get enough wins to be in the top 4.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
Wow Red Heavy - Magnay would look good in the blue and gold.

The others to Souths would help the Magpies.

As for Easts Lock Stocks - I presume James Moore will be back in 2015 but I think Riles may be hanging up the boots. Haven't heard about Fatal lets hope he's a Tiger in 2015.

A pack consisting of:
1. Paraka
2. Ready
3. Sanday
4. Moore
5. Fatal
6. Wilkin
7. Gunn
8. Fox
Doesn't look to shabby.

Backline:
9. Mullins/Deck;
10. Brandon;
11. Wilder
12. Perese/Skelton
13. White
14. ????
15. Turner

If the Tigers get this side on the park regularly they will get enough wins to be in the top 4.

Who is Fox TT? Tyrell Barker is another solid second row / back row option also.

T

Tigers Tale

Harley Fox - Aust School Boys Captain & No.8 who attended ACGS this year.

Perese is the same.

Tyrell Barker is solid back up and will probably start the year in the Prems backrow with Fox in Colts.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
Harley Fox - Aust School Boys Captain & No.8 who attended ACGS this year.

Perese is the same.

Tyrell Barker is solid back up and will probably start the year in the Prems backrow with Fox in Colts.

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another churchie old boy in Henry Olsen spend a bit more time in Premier Grade this year particularly with Gunn and Wilkin on Aus 20 duties.

GPSMick

Bob McCowan (2)
I heard on the grapevine Kotze has signed up to play with Gold Coast next season I'm not too sure what's going on down at Yoku road but obviously with the change of personnel in the coaching ranks some players have walked which is not good at all!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPSMick, you have to remember, there were half a dozen blokes who joined the club over the last 3 years to follow Picone. Doesn't surprise me now that some are leaving as their ties to the club probably aren't very strong.

I say, thanks for everything they've done, good luck in the future but get buggered if you don't want to commit to a club!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.