• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

A wise old head from Brothers pointed out to me at junior rugby yesterday the absurdity in the fact that Easts record is 9/1 & Brothers is 6/4 yet Brothers are only 6 points behind Easts on the table!!

This is not a complaint this is just an observation.

Team; Played; W; L; D; Pts; W/D Pts; BPs
Easts 10 9 1 0 42 36 6
UNI 11 8 3 0 38 32 6
Bros 10 6 4 0 36 24 12
Snbk 11 6 4 1 33 26 7
Souths 11 6 5 0 32 24 8
Bond 11 6 5 0 29 24 5

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good to see GPS Prems cause the upset over Uni, however, Uni as a club will still walk away from Yoku with their heads held high.

In all my years of being a part of GPS I have never witnessed another club come to Yoku Rd and dominate nearly every grade like Uni did, well done to them. Quite a few of the GPS sides were looking like serious Premiership contenders and Uni came in and decimated them. The most dominant defeats happening to Premier Colts and 3rd Grade who had both been rather consistent throughout the year.

I think Uni teams will feature prominently in Grand Finals across all grades in 2015 and deservedly so.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Can any remember the last time a club went through the regular Premier Grade season undefeated?

I think Uni only lost one game in 2010?

In 2009, to my recollection, Brothers only lost two. I think they got belted by Souths (eventual finalists) and lost to GC.

T

Tigers Tale

In 2014 Uni only lost 1(Snbk?) and drew 1(Easts @ St Lucia)

Last 4 years minor premiers in H&A W-L-D:
2014 Uni 14W-1L-1D
2013 GPS 14-3-1
2012 Bros 14-4-0
2011 Uni 13-3-1

mouthguard

Frank Row (1)
Easts will be strengthened this weekend against Uni with the return of TH Prop Kirwan Sanday from a Fiji A (Fiji Warriors) undefeated tour of South America. He started against an Argenina XV most of whom have signed for the new Argentina side in Super Rugby next year. Fiji Warriors won 23 - 21 . The Fiji Warriors also won their two games against Uruguay 30 - 22 and 42 - 22.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Uni missing some old heads - plenty of talent out there, but in a few games this year they have channeled Richard Graham at key times and taken some bad options

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog, GPSGPS, and my other GPS friends glad to see your boys turn it around last Saturday.

The Gallopers can really do Easts & Uni some great favours over coming rounds and have a real impact on the season's outcome with the following games:
Rnd 13 v Souths (H) (Souths play Easts (Rnd 14) & Uni (Rnd 15))
Rnd 14 v Wests (H) (Wests play Easts (Rnd 15) & Uni (Rnd 16))
Rnd 15 Bros(A) (Bros play Easts (Rnd 16) & Uni (Rnd 17))
Rnd 16 Snbk (H) (Snbk play Easts(Rnd 17) & Uni (Rnd 18))
Rnd 17 Bond (A). (Bond play Easts(Rnd 18))

Not only do the outcome of most of these games having a direct impact on the final 4 but they can soften these opponents up for Easts who face these opponents the following round and then Uni take them on the round after that.

I will be supporting GPS for the remainder of the season.

T

Tigers Tale

Uni missing some old heads - plenty of talent out there, but in a few games this year they have channeled Richard Graham at key times and taken some bad options

Look to be fair to the GPS Old Boy(Richrd Graham) he is not the one on the pitch taking the poor option - the Reds players have to be accountable for the season they have had.

Spindle (aka Graham) didn't kick the ball straight to the Sharks player last week.

When a team is not going well it is always so easy to just blame the coach.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
TT under your criteria Graham would be a Tiger wouldn't he? He wore blue and gold last time he player in Brisbane.

You aren't going to disassociate yourself from him just because he's out of favour now, would you?

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Look to be fair to the GPS Old Boy(Richrd Graham) he is not the one on the pitch taking the poor option - the Reds players have to be accountable for the season they have had.

Spindle (aka Graham) didn't kick the ball straight to the Sharks player last week.

When a team is not going well it is always so easy to just blame the coach.

In response - 4 words:

Karmichael Hunt Vice Captain

And that your honor is where the trouble started...

T

Tigers Tale

Jets - tongue firmly in cheek - Graham is more Tiger than Galloper.

He played in two Premier Grade Premierships 1997 & 1999(Captain).

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
GPS played really well on the weekend and showed our kids what's expected at premier level.

As I said earlier on in the season the key to this comp is consistency and that's something that usually comes with experience.

Not something we have in abundance at the moment with 5 kids in prems on the weekend still being colts including 2 17 year olds.

But I think everyone at stade de heavy will be up for this weekend so don't take us too easy TT.

T

Tigers Tale

well that didn't last long

Reg I was making a nice comment about your favourite club.

Their season had to turn at some point as there is a lot of talent there.

I will just be supporting it to continue in coming weeks, and hopefully some big crowds for your remaining home games.

T

Tigers Tale

Reg do you know if Karmichael Hunt, Adam Thomson, JOC (James O'Connor) will be assigned clubs at any point soon.

I trust that the former and the latter will more than likely end up at Crosby and AT maybe Wests/Snbk if at all.

T

Tigers Tale

Players to return to club land after 13 June in bold.

St.George Queensland Reds side to play Western Force in Perth
1. James Slipper (C)
2. James Hanson- Uni (if not Wallabies)
3. Greg Holmes - Snbk
4. Rob Simmons (VC)
5. James Horwill - Uni (if not Wallabies)
6. Adam Thomson
7. Liam Gill - Snbk
8. Jake Schatz - Snbk
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Lachie Turner - Easts
12. Samu Kerevi - GPS (if not Wallabies)
13. Karmichael Hunt
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia - Souths
15. James O’Connor

Extended bench (one to be omitted)
Andrew Ready - Easts
Pettowa Paraka - Easts
Sam Talakai - GPS
Ed O’Donoghue - Wests
Beau Robinson - Souths
Nick Frisby - GPS
Jake McIntyre - Snbk
Ben Tapuai - Snbk