• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
I don't think the rest of the dogs would be too happy about the comment of them catching up to Tyrone. He had some good runs but if you watch a whole game he needs to work on his defence and ball security. Wests are on the way up again with their scrum improving greatly this year and the injection of the new forwards and backs like Tyrone helped them continue to improve. If he is already too good for the team, he needs his Wife (manager) to find him a new team. Don't think he figured to highly in the awards this year.

Asa

Bob McCowan (2)
I don't think the rest of the dogs would be too happy about the comment of them catching up to Tyrone. He had some good runs but if you watch a whole game he needs to work on his defence and ball security. Wests are on the way up again with their scrum improving greatly this year and the injection of the new forwards and backs like Tyrone helped them continue to improve. If he is already too good for the team, he needs his Wife (manager) to find him a new team. Don't think he figured to highly in the awards this year.

OMG!!!! I AM SO SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE AT THIS POINT, my choice of words were extremely poor. I was thinking about the extra's he does with the younger players.

Sorry West. My fault. Im just realy looking forward to a new season, with a team that can grow together.

SORRY WEST BULLDOGS. xo

Im not his manager by the way. (i know you meant sarcastically) Someone had to help put him out there.

Okay. Sorry again, and thank you for saying that.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
OMG!!!! I AM SO SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE AT THIS POINT, my choice of words were extremely poor. I was thinking about the extra's he does with the younger players.

Sorry West. My fault. Im just realy looking forward to a new season, with a team that can grow together.

SORRY WEST BULLDOGS. xo

Im not his manager by the way. (i know you meant sarcastically) Someone had to help put him out there.

Okay. Sorry again, and thank you for saying that.

Look he's not Robinson Cruiso when it comes to involvement with juniors.

And remember that Wests aren't a professional rugby club so if you think "looking after him" involves cash you are barking up the wrong tree/club.

It costs a lot of money to run a rugby club these days increasingly so in fact.

Asa

Bob McCowan (2)
Look he's not Robinson Cruiso when it comes to involvement with juniors.

And remember that Wests aren't a professional rugby club so if you think "looking after him" involves cash you are barking up the wrong tree/club.

It costs a lot of money to run a rugby club these days increasingly so in fact.

Is this addressed to me?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
geez will all the Wests supporters stop jumping to conclusions with Newest poster Asa & her intentions.

I'm sorry Asa for some of these awkward posts. Wests has seen a mass exodus of top flight players recently last couple of years. Payments by other clubs has been rumoured. I'm sure some of the posters are connecting dots that don't need connecting and are concerned this YouTube video is a highlight package for elsewhere.

Asa thanks for posting the video. Always good reminiscing on plays that happened throughout the year.tyrone has has some interesting facial hair/beards over the years???
My favourite play from the highlight video was when Wests played Brothers out at Roma and Tyronne had a run where he looked like a filth pinball and had like nearly 10 defenders bounce off him.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thoughts on how the Dogs will go in 2016?

Wests could be a top four team in the next few years if they focus on player retention. They can't lose their current front row. It's the best the club has had since their last premiership win.

SX, why did Wests go downhill after 2006? You certainly had a solid team on paper - Gerard, Mosey, Campbell, Skelton, Roe. I recall Wests nearly won it again in 2007 but for a strong Sunnybank side.

Asa

Bob McCowan (2)
geez will all the Wests supporters stop jumping to conclusions with Newest poster Asa & her intentions.

I'm sorry Asa for some of these awkward posts. Wests has seen a mass exodus of top flight players recently last couple of years. Payments by other clubs has been rumoured. I'm sure some of the posters are connecting dots that don't need connecting and are concerned this YouTube video is a highlight package for elsewhere.

Asa thanks for posting the video. Always good reminiscing on plays that happened throughout the year.tyrone has has some interesting facial hair/beards over the years???
My favourite play from the highlight video was when Wests played Brothers out at Roma and Tyronne had a run where he looked like a filth pinball and had like nearly 10 defenders bounce off him.

Thank you so much, that last post was pretty awkward. :) I don't want any trouble, or grey clouds hovering over Tyrone, & West Rugby Club. Tyrone's happy with West, AND no, there is no money or what ever, linked to him staying.

Thank you for the feedback on the video, i decided to put his email address in the end, (probably the reason why West fans are thinking either wise??) purely for people to contact him and ask questions about West and QPR.

All our family and friends are in NZ, so why not? I hear some new boys are coming to West next year too? (I KNOW NOBODY HERE). lol. He was really sick during that game. First time I've seen him come home with a open wound.

We managed to check out one of the first club final's, and we REALLY enjoyed it. Pretty neat how they play all club final rounds at 1 venue.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
For Uni
Harry Parker - best player
Jack De Guingand - best forward (impressive after only 9 games)
Jack Cornelsen - Players player
Nath Russell - Colt of the year

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Wests
Mick Lee 2. Best Forward
Andie turner 10. Best back
Jake Newell 3. Most improved player
Jonti jones colts award

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Easts

Valuable Rep Player: Michael Gunn
Players Player: Tom Milosevic
Mike Thomas Trophy: Andrew Ready

No idea on the rest, and no idea what the last one is for! Haha

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Brothers Rugby Club

Rookie of the Year - Taniela Tupou
Outstanding Services to the Club - Gina Nelson
Services & Support to Lower Grades - Greg Beaver
Outstanding Services as a Coach - Anthony Mathison
Representative Player of the Year - Michael Duhig
Highest Point Scorer - Sam Greene
Colts Best & Fairest Player - Angus Fowler
Colts Clubman of the year - Rhys Martin
Team of the Year - Normanby Cup Fireants
Best Player in a Grand Final - Zac Shanks

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
From Melbourne Rising Release

"With Tim Metcher ruled out for the remainder of the 2015 NRC with a hamstring injury, young Brothers (QLD) prop Tom Moloney has relocated to Melbourne and is a chance to become the seventeenth Melbourne Rising debutant of the campaign".

Well done Tom.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The issue is most of theses players pay to play. They play for the enjoyment and unlike the Reds/professionals don't have to play for a coach they dislike. Then you have the Reds contingent who have to put up with Graham 5 days per week. They probably don't want to go to another unhappy environment on Thursday night and the weekend.

Loyalty should go both ways and players should expect the right coaches to be appointed not just the guy hanging around the bar. Look at what happened to Souths this year when they appointed a good coach rather than a guy who was around.

I'm not knocking Dammers, haven't had an involvement with him since he as been back in Brisbane, but I have heard some pretty bad stories from a few folk there who are qualified to pass judgement. It certainly seems like a Reds situation where the board made a poor hire and refuse to accept their own culpability in the situation (which happens regularly in club land).
Thinker I think you should check some facts. Souths coaches in recent years have been: Michael Broad (successful coach at school level before coaching overseas and club level), Steve Kefu (successful coach in Japan), Van Humphries (Super 15 rep), Ken Wills (Souths Old Boy and successful coach in NZ) hardly just people hanging around the bar.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
The only props that aren't involved in the NRC are the Wests props, maybe they would be better off playing reserve grade at brothers or uni or Sunnybank.

Red Galloper

Frank Nicholson (4)
The only props that aren't involved in the NRC are the Wests props, maybe they would be better off playing reserve grade at brothers or uni or Sunnybank.

I wonder if the props at Wests are being let down by the connections they're club/coaches have with NRC coaches. For them to not get a look in anywhere really is unlucky and I hope they don't move elsewhere because of it (unless they want to make the move to ashgrove). I've never rated the wests scrum the past few years until they absolutely pulled our scrum apart this year in both games even resulting in one of our props getting a yellow card and he ended up in one of the NRC teams. I know scrums don't win games but its the main job for a prop isn't it? It will be interesting to see if they retain those players at Wests next year especially if they are losing Tim Smith. Might be a domino effect.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Thinker I think you should check some facts. Souths coaches in recent years have been: Michael Broad (successful coach at school level before coaching overseas and club level), Steve Kefu (successful coach in Japan), Van Humphries (Super 15 rep), Ken Wills (Souths Old Boy and successful coach in NZ) hardly just people hanging around the bar.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Neither Humphries nor Kefu coached before they joined Souths Premier Grade and Steve Kefu's success in Japan as a backs coach resulted in a Richard Graham-esque one win season and the 2nd worst attacking record in the Top League. Broady hasn't had a winning record at a decent level since 1996 and Ken Wills came from the highly skillful rugby competitions of Timaru, which would be somewhere around 3rd grade in Brisbane. Not one of them would have been in those roles if they were club legends.

A few years back Souths prem colts won for the first time in about a decade. The coaches came from Easts or Wests (can't remember which exactly) and got the flick after one year. The club the appointed a string of club legends to the role, many of whom who had no coaching experience and as a result delivered no results. Co-incidently the core of this year's premier grade champion team came from that successful colts team. Though also coincidently the majority who have gone on as full-time pros left souths.

This year another first year coach got the Prem Colts (though I don't believe he was a Souths legend). Results reflect this. I know many of the gents around the Souths clubhouse love to complain about Uni stealing their players and such, especially after Jason Gilmore had Tevita Kurindrani signed, sealed and delivered, but how hard do people think it is for say Uni to lure a player away (like a Alex Horan) when the Premier Colts are shown such disrespect? At the best of times Colts is seen as a step down from Schoolboy rugby and it only intensifies when the coach is figuring out how to coach himself, when it should be the next step in the pathway.

Status
Not open for further replies.