• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Note: Not Prem grade rugby news however,

The Championship game has been given the green light and the winners of the NRC Brisbane City will face off against ITM Cup winners Canterbury in a game to determine the best in both competitions at the end of the 2016 Premier Grade Rugby finals.

A number of players will be out to impress in the remainder of the club rugby season. Both teams will look to field quality match day squads.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why are Premiers playing at the same time as the Reds? Surely there could have been some adjustment once the Reds game allocations were known way back when.

I think the QRU tried to encourage the QPR clubs to switch games to Sunday but some of the clubs didn't agree to it.

Maybe this has to do with the disengagement between certain clubs and the QRU.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Why are Premiers playing at the same time as the Reds? Surely there could have been some adjustment once the Reds game allocations were known way back when.

From what I can gather, QRU had the streaming service booked for the Souths game already, so they couldn't move it. But Easts just plain refused to move their games.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Maybe it had to do with some Clubs having pre-arranged game day promotions organised for 21st May which would have been thrown into disarray with a swap to Sunday as well as having a large player population who do not play sport on Sunday. Not easy to just swap to Sunday!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Maybe it had to do with some Clubs having pre-arranged game day promotions organised for 21st May which would have been thrown into disarray with a swap to Sunday as well as having a large player population who do not play sport on Sunday. Not easy to just swap to Sunday!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

but when was the Super Rugby draw released? Last year?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The QRU also blundered with the scheduling.

The Bulldogs had the bye week this week & the Queensland Reds does not feature one single player from the Kennel on the Reds this year.

I can't speak for anyone else at the Kennel but it's a turn off for me to go watch the Reds if there's no one from my rugby club to cheer for.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
GPS 30 d Sunnybank 26
Brothers 17 d Norths 16

Norths had a chance to win it on fulltime after scoring but missed the conversion. Brothers didn't really deserve the win today. But sometimes you have to win ugly.

A massive challenge next week against Uni. A few more players received injuries today which makes it that bit harder.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow this is a huge blow for Brothers.

A Brothers with Greene on board would be premiership favourites in my humble opinion. Brothers without him??

At club level Greene has that X factor that you need to win a premiership.

Massive game this weekend for the Bulldogs as they head to Tigerland for a game which will play a big part in determining the 2016 wooden spoon.

It will be a challenge for Wests as by all accounts Easts have been playing some good footy in the last month but both clubs enter the match with one win a piece for the 2016 season. Could be match of the round - if not for Sunnybank v Souths and Brothers v Uni?

There are some cracking match ups this weekend.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Did Greene play yesterday? I don't think I saw him take the field. However I had graced the bar a few times so my view of the game could have been impeded...

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No, he didn't play.

Won't lie... that is an enormous blow for Brothers. We were a bit disorganised yesterday against Norths.

Stef Hunt, Paddy James and Dal Murphy are all good enough to fill the void left by Greene.

Anyway, we're not done just yet.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
No, he didn't play.

Won't lie. that is an enormous blow for Brothers. We were a bit disorganised yesterday against Norths.

Stef Hunt, Paddy James and Dal Murphy are all good enough to fill the void left by Greene.

Anyway, we're not done just yet.
I thought Dal did his knee while training with the rebels. The other 2 are still very good players at this level though so I am sure they will be fine. How many games did Greene play for brothers this year?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Usually you don't get reds back on their bye round so I would guess that most of the lads would have this week off and get back into club rugby the following week. But I know a few boys are keen to play this week so we will see.

I don't think the Reds would want Curtis to play either way as they are pretty light on in the back row Atm.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Down our way, Super Rugby Players are only available for club footy if there is a prospect of shortening a sentence from judiciary. :)

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Noticed in the QPR Program the story of the Skelton's father playing with son's at Brothers and coming off the bench in First Grade. Now the two boys are picked for the Australian Barbarians against the Australian Under 20 hitout. What position does the Skelton boys play.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Noticed in the QPR Program the story of the Skelton's father playing with son's at Brothers and coming off the bench in First Grade. Now the two boys are picked for the Australian Barbarians against the Australian Under 20 hitout. What position does the Skelton boys play.

Richie in the Loosies and Jeremy in the Backs. Both play Prem Reserves most of the time and come off the bench for Prems.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...-set-to-remain-active-during-Test-window.aspx

Those not required for representative duty will complete a conditioning phase but Stiles does not expect to see too many faces around Ballymore in June.

“I’m expecting the Wallabies to name a large squad so there’ll definitely be some guys involved with the Wallabies,” he said.

“Numbers will be down for a couple of weeks but we’ll be encouraging anyone who’s fit, and not involved with the Wallabies or under-20s, to play some Premier Rugby.
“It’s important that players play. You can train as much as you like and have good athletes, but that has to be balanced by getting back to your club and learning to play football.”

Status
Not open for further replies.