• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I've also heard Bobby Tuttle is off to Brothers, not Norths. Might have something to do with his former Prem Colts coach Kelevi Tuicolo heading to Brothers to coach Premier Reserve.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I heard that bobby Tuttle was staying but another Tuttle heading to norths.. A lot of rumours making the rounds :)

Scrum doctor

Bob McCowan (2)
All these players going to Norths (Tuttle, Freney, King, rodwell etc) IMO is really going to upset a lot of current Norths premier grade players. It was mentioned in a previous post but surely the likes of Ika, Perez, Filipine, the Fijian fellow, Ritchie and K Satui are going to be the losers come season kick off. That's 6 guys I'd like to have in my premier side. So boys if you're reading this, think about GPS come pre season!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
A bunch of guys already made the jump from GPS to Norths for the 2015 season, the Fijian fellow (pretty sure its Api Nayobo?), Mitch Fuller, Doug Raymond and the Satui's to name a few. Will be an interesting situation as I thought quite a few of them wanted to stay loyal to Fogs and Sio and get the opportunity to play consistently in a higher grade but now a few could be pushed out.

eagle

Frank Nicholson (4)
All these players going to Norths (Tuttle, Freney, King, rodwell etc) IMO is really going to upset a lot of current Norths premier grade players. It was mentioned in a previous post but surely the likes of Ika, Perez, Filipine, the Fijian fellow, Ritchie and K Satui are going to be the losers come season kick off. That's 6 guys I'd like to have in my premier side. So boys if you're reading this, think about GPS come pre season!
How many clubs is that for freeney now? Heard he was sniffing around Souths until some senior players expressed reservations about how freeney would be taken by the playing group after a few on field incidents earlier this year and in the past.

Have GPS recruited any players? those names mentioned above would be great assets to any club.

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
Eagle,

Does it matter how many clubs he's been at? How many finals or grand finals have the blokes you mentioned been involved in? Surely having an NRC affliated player outweighs any negative you might offer.
You and Scrumdoctor seem slighted by the fact that Norths are getting in new blokes but good on them and what's wrong with competition for positions?

I''m sure it's a template that has served Easts, Brothers, Uni, Sunnybank etc very well over many years...

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
It ever occur to you boys maybe some of the players in question might want to go to norths to change the culture and try build something good and create more competition across Brisbane premier grade.... Also fogs is close to a lot of them and what a bloke to collectively try and potentially do well with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Oh dear of recent history there always seems to be more jockey at GPS during an off season than there is at any other club.

Why is it so?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
With Daniel Herbert & Richard Graham at the head of Qld Rugby will we see fringe & emerging Reds encouraged to head towards Yoku Rd?

We would like one or two to head to SylvanRd for a change.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
gws, from the rumblings that have been coming from the senior playing group at GPS in the last few months I believe that most of the guys mentioned would have been leaving Yoku Rd anyway, however, I doubt that many of them would have chosen Norths as their new club had their not been money put on the table.

Norths can do what they want with the money and I won't be one of the guys who shoots them down for doing so, but I think you are kidding yourself if you believe that a bunch of guys from clubs around Brisbane (not just GPS) are going to be joining a club which has been stuck at the bottom of the table for years because they want to change its culture. Money talks.

JonoSteele

Frank Row (1)
As a Souths fan I think there is a big difference to Souths 2015 success and Norths model for 2016. Good on Pricone for not wanting Freeney. The guy has obviously been around too many clubs and got under the wrong peoples skin (kicking a certain magpie in the head haha). Its a shame Norths are the only club now they he's wanted at. Most of our players that came across in 2015 were proven premier grade players and success followed. These names for Norths are not 'signings' as they aren't proven yet. I think a big help to the success of 2015 was our club culture and depth which Brett encompassed within the club. We had 6 or so strong grades teams and our premier results were reflected in that. Unfortunately Norths don't have the depth and boys being kept out of positions and teams will only add to that issue. Isn't the whole 2nd grade team from there retiring? Worrying times for another good battler club like Norths! :(

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Its a conversation for another forum but Marist hasn't produced any significant amount of high caliber players for GPS since the 05/06/07 years. Also not sure about the rugby league thing as my mail tells me the higher ups there have vetoed any moves by the school to get involved in the sport, so unless they are moving on I'm not sure it would happen.

Supersid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not that it relates to this forum, but rugby is still alive and well at Marist. There are a lot of quality junior players running around hence the strong showing of GPS in the junior ranks. League if offered is an extra not a replacement for the AIC competition. Perhaps an attempt to stop the continual attempts by BBC to offer scholarships to their young players.

Scrum doctor

Bob McCowan (2)
Hearing whispers today that Bond Uni have gained the services of former NRL bad boy Arana Taumata. Can anyone confirm this? I assume must be a relation to Dion perhaps?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Not yet mentioned on the thread however a lot of changes are soon to be revealed regarding Reds player allegiance. Here are a few names who will potentially or will change come 2016;

Adam Korzyck: UQ > Norths
Karmichael Hunt: Brothers > Norths
Duncan Paaiaua: GPS > Norths
Bobby Tuttle: GPS > Norths
Samu Kerevi: GPS > Souths
Sam Talakai: GPS > Souths
Chris Kuridrani: GPS > Souths
Caydern Neville: N/A
Luhkan Tui: N/A

N/A* = no alligence

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does N/A suggest that they may be available for Sydney Shute Shield Club duties when not required by the Reds?

Neville for Manly and Tui for Randwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.