• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Queensland_Premier_Rugby_logo_2014.png

Season 2015 has been done and dusted.

Time to start the wang for 2016.

Who is changing clubs? Any movements in the Coaching Ranks?

What impact are the 2015 Colts Graduating Cohort going to have in 2016?

Which 2015 Schoolboys will bypass Colts and be parachuted directly into Premier Rugby?

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/PremierRugby/History/TheHospitalCup.aspx

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Calling it first.

1- University
2-Souths
3- Easts
4- Sunnybank
5- Brothers
6- Bond Uni
7- GPS
8- Wests
9-Norths

Based on my guessing ability

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS are going to need a massive influx from their Colts program into Grades if they are going to regain some form as a club for 2016.

The colts classes of '04-'09 have really been the driving force behind the success at the club with majority of blokes who played colts during those years sticking around at GPS and filling out all the teams from Prems down to 5ths. In the last couple of seasons though many of those guys have either retired or moved away and the amount of colts coming through seems to have dropped off.

I believe out of a 'graduating' colts class for 2014 there was only something like 8 players who featured in grades rugby for GPS in 2015 and the effects were felt all through the club. Clearly something needs to be done about this or results will continue to suffer, especially if the rumors about Premier Grade players changing clubs are true.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I can’t see brothers not making the 4, their Key players are all young and all playing in the NRC. They are only going to get better from their time in a pro environment, and if they do manage to get Tim Smith on board...they are a real chance for the title.

Same as Bond University, they have a few players in the NRC, won the reserve grade premiership and from what I have heard they are hammer and tongs on the recruitment front.

I am going

1 – Brothers

2 – University

3 – Souths

4 – Bond

5 – Sunnybank/Easts

6 – Sunnybank/Easts

7 – GPS

8 – Wests

9 – Norths (this could change dramatically though, as word on the street is that norths have cash to flash)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
My concern with Brothers is that they aren't the same without Greene. He looks to be involved frequently with the Reds next season.

I think Uni will be very strong, with so many of their players in NRC teams, and in particular their forwards (Potgieter, Cornelson, Mitchell).

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I am not going to make any preseason predictions of where everyone finishes because with the unknown of roster make ups it's really just a stab in the dark.

However I will make a prediction on 2 clubs heading in different directions.

Rising : Bond - I think Bond will walk away with a few top flight recruits in the Qld Country squad. IDK who these gentlemen are yet. but Bond has great facilities and what appears to be a board/coaching group that are committed to winning. They will be top 4 in 2016

Falling : East - Bit of an exodus down at Bottomly Park with some players off to the Brumbies. I think after such a demoralising Grand Final loss that the Tigers will lack confidence and have a 2015 GPS campaign where they are making vacation plans sometime in May/June because the semi finals are out of reach.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If Souths manage to pick up those GPS players, such as Freney, Kerevi and Kuridrani, they could potentially feature strongly in the finals for 2016.

Actually, if Picone stays around for another year, Souths will make the finals.

Any idea who will Easts' head coach will be next year?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
http://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/rocky-rugby-is-in-receivership/2764709/http://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/rocky-rugby-is-in-receivership/2764709/

More details - read the article if you want to see who has been named by the paper

A confidential source told The Morning Bulletin yesterday that the financial irregularities relate to a series of loans taken out in the CQRU's name dating back to 2008.

One of these loans is in excess of $400,000 and it is believed the loans in total could top $800,000.

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
Calling it first.

1- University
2-Souths
3- Easts
4- Sunnybank
5- Brothers
6- Bond Uni
7- GPS
8- Wests
9-Norths

Based on my guessing ability

I've heard that Norths have been looking interstate for talent as well, namely shute and dewar shield? Can anyone confirm this?

eagle

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can anyone confirm coaching lineups for next year? I suggest this may have an impact of player movement too.

Uni - Heenan
Bond - Hedger
Sunnybank - Seib
Souths - Hearing Picone is moving into a DOR role at the nest with Elia and Van taking on the head coach role together.
Wests - Byron or has he moved into a DOC role also?
Brothers - Hearing Dammers and possibly Connellan either throwing hat in the rings or being approached. Carl Marshall to step up?
Easts - Connellan moving into Head coach job? New Backs coach?
GPS - Has Dammers been reinstated? Emtage moving on though? New backs coach?
Norths - Has Fogarty been reinstated? Hearing others have come onboard; is this in conjunction with the current crew?

Maybe some fresh blood in the ranks in QPR 2016?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Wests called for expression of interests back at the beginning of August for anyone interested in coaching premier grade, premier reserve and premier colts. The advertisement mentioned that all positions would be finalised by months end.

I haven’t heard the outcome of that process was, but I expect Wests would reappoint a majority of their staff. I do know however that Phil Mooney is back at the club in a part-time coaching co-ordinator role.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tuttle and Rodwell? I can only presume they are referring to Bobby and Jayden who have been playing at GPS? They are pretty big losses if true. I wonder what would have brought them to Norths.

GPS gave the ring around to a few of the lower grades coaches yesterday about positions in 2016, it sounds like most of the guys who were there in 2015 will still be around. Not sure about any of the 'Premier' teams though.

Status
Not open for further replies.