• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
they tried this at the Stingrays a couple of years ago and got bitten in the arse. A moneybags threw money at them hoping to get his son a run after school and they bought Caleb Ralph, Morgan Tirinui, Louis Fesolai and a heap of other imports and made the GF.
His son didn't even make the school 1st XV so he took his cheque book and went home and left the club a financial basket case, the players disappeared in a cloud of dust and after another wooden spoon the Stingrays folded.
GOOD LUCK NORTHS but BEWARE!

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Poor Stingrays! Not the way to do it for sure!!

How much history did/does the Stingrays have in the QPR? Did they have a strong foundation of supporters and community? Were their failings more to do with the management and structure of rugby on the Sunshine Coast??

In saying that, they've played in more Grand Finals than Norths in the last 30years so well done to them!

Uncle Clive will look after us I'm sure

In regards to comments regarding current players feeling hard done by if new players come to the club.... It will certainly be a true test of their character.
A good way to measure themselves though.
Stay, work hard for your position and improve the club, and yourself,
or throw in the towel.

Unfortunately club loyalty doesn't entitle you to a Premier Jersey.
Hard work does!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Some pleasing rumours about GPS finally circulating.

I've heard the 'old guard' are rolling out in 2016 to help the club. Ellis, Mcwhirter, Psczonka, McVerry, Zangari and possibly even Dan Heenan.

If all those guys suit up it would be great for the club.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Well said TGB, I am concerned that rather than stay and do the hard work, many when faced with this problem look for an easier way at another club. Not true clubmen!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Heard Sammy Grasso has come back to his old club. And that Tim Smith is staying at Sylvan Rd.

Great news if true. Easts won't try to get their grubby hand on Smith will they because I have heard Mullins & Brandon won't be pulling on Prems jerseys next year.

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
This forum is going to go into meltdown in early December when pre-season training starts if the player movements I heard about today over coffee actually happen.

Strong movements to Norths but there's another club that is going to benefit even more if the information from an insider at one of the big clubs is true.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
This forum is going to go into meltdown in early December when pre-season training starts if the player movements I heard about today over coffee actually happen.

Strong movements to Norths but there's another club that is going to benefit even more if the information from an insider at one of the big clubs is true.

Souths? Sunnybank? Bond?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
NRC but interesting to see Jordan Tuapou (Snbk/Easts) & Kirwan Sanday(Easts/Bros) turning out for the Stars last night.

Is Tuapou still in Aust 7s set up?

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
NRC but interesting to see Jordan Tuapou (Snbk/Easts) & Kirwan Sanday(Easts/Bros) turning out for the Stars last night.

Is Tuapou still in Aust 7s set up?

Stars seem to be a bit of a throw together team in some ways. Sydney Uni plus some leftovers from all over the place. James Hanson even played for them this year.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Stars seem to be a bit of a throw together team in some ways. Sydney Uni plus some leftovers from all over the place. James Hanson even played for them this year.

Interesting mix indeed - I think the Stars in NRC#1 thought they could just run out a Sydney Uni side and win.

Apparently Sanday has previously played for Sydney Uni.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
a few players from QLD Club rugby got a run during the NRC (other than the QLD sides).

Dave Feao played for NSW Country.
Tom Moloney played for Melbourne Rising
Alex Holmes played for the Rays.

Probably a few others I can't recall.

T

TOCC

David Feao has played for Tonga A so i think he is ineligible for the Wallabies, he was hoping to earn selection in the Tonga test squad for the RWC.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Harley Fox signed for the Rebels.

Bit of a loss for Easts, as he would have likely been a regular in our backrow, but bound to happen given his ability.

Has any Easts supporters heard anything on Izzy Perese? He surely is going to pick up a contract somewhere.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Does anyone know when the draw for 2016 is published?

There are the three pre-season trials (SB, UQ, GPS & BROS) and (NRTH, SOU, EAS, WES) followed by round 1, which at this stage is Brothers v Norths at Crosby Park and most likely Souths v Eastwood at Chipsy Wood.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Harley Fox signed for the Rebels.

Bit of a loss for Easts, as he would have likely been a regular in our backrow, but bound to happen given his ability.

Has any Easts supporters heard anything on Izzy Perese? He surely is going to pick up a contract somewhere.

Isn't Perese part of the Reds EPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.