• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Bond defeated Easts 54 - 15, after leading 54 - 0 with 20 minutes to go.
Most, if not all, tries scored out wide. Easts scrum was dominant though.

Will post some photos later.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Any news or reports on how teams went in the trials on the weekend?

That is an impressive result for Bond. Trials aren't really indicative of how a team will actually play in regular season matches, however Bond look like a team capable of making the finals.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Some great action photos in that lot HJN. Thanks heaps for sharing those. Tigers were definitely exposed out wide by the look of it. I have a feeling we are about to see one of the toughest and closest QPR seasons for a very long time.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Confirmed Reds club rugby movement;

- Kane Douglas, Alex Gibbon, Ben Matwijou, Duncan Paaiaua, Karmichael Hunt, Jack Tuttle, Hendrick Tui & Ayumu Goromaru (Norths)

- Luhkan Tui, Sam Talakai (Brothers)

- Samu Kerevi (Souths)

- Eto Nabuli (GPS)

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Confirmed Reds club rugby movement;

- Kane Douglas, Alex Gibbon, Ben Matwijou, Duncan Paaiaua, Karmichael Hunt, Jack Tuttle, Hendrick Tui & Ayumu Goromaru (Norths)

- Luhkan Tui, Sam Talakai (Brothers)

- Samu Kerevi (Souths)

- Eto Nabuli (GPS)

How sure are you of these??
An email was shot around to the clubs earlier in the year saying Luhkan was going to Sunnybank.
Also heard that Talakai was joining Samu at souths. Seems strange that 2 reds tight heads would be at the same club (brothers). Not impossible by any stretch of the imagination just strange

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have to say the efforts I saw from some of the Sunnybank grades players on the weekend were just stellar.

I think the same 20 or so players lined up in all three grades trials (1sts, 2nds, 3rds) and they put in strong efforts throughout each session, especially in the hot conditions. Hopefully some more stock come to help them out but it really was great to see that kind of commitment from those fellas.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Don't worry SX. One year (2013 maybe) we didn't have any Reds either. We still only have two (currently) in Tupou & Greene.

Intruder - Are both Tuttles going to Norths?
- Is Kuridrani also joining Kerevi at Souths?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kuridrani has been down at GPS, looks like he's stayed at Yoku Rd.

Depth is looking very good this year, easily enough numbers for Premier Grade - 4th Grade and some very handy players running out for the lower grade teams. From what I have seen and heard there are a few positions where the club is light on (and as usual there are about 45 openside flankers) but in general I would be expecting the club to lift from where it was last year.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
From what I understand most of the Reds boys are staying with GPS, largely due to the influence of Radike.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
At this stage he's a player TOCC, he's been down doing pre-season with the club since November.

I know he's been playing in some invitational sides lately though so hasn't been around as much, but I expect him to be there when the season starts proper in a few weeks.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
The Reds squad listing has Caydern Neville as being at Easts, which I hadn't heard. Hunt is listed there as Norths but some of the others haven't been updated (Kerevi still at GPS on the Reds page) or show no club at all. Big coup for Norths if they have all those players - you'd have to think that a few of them would be turning out regularly in Premier grade if they are fit.

T

TOCC

I tend to think the Reds should organise some sort of club placement program when it comes to new recruits.

It can't apply to locally developed players, if a player is developed through a club then he is entitled to stay there, but it could apply to new recruits from interstate.

Let's say for example each contracted Reds player is given a value, let's say 1, each EPS/EDS player given a value of 0.5. At the beginning of each season the club adds up there players, Easts might have 6, Sunnybank 7 and so forth. A club like Wests might be valued at 0 and Norths at 2. So any new Reds signed from interstate/overseas would be allocated to the club with the lowest score of Reds players, In this case Wests.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That's the way it should work, reds contracted players should be allocated to premier teams. QLD NRL teams do it with the QLD cup, dividing their players evenly (as possible) into the feeder teams.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Apparently Wests got up over Souths in the trial on the weekend. Even though it is only a trial that is still a promising result for the Dogs.

Souths have the Australian Club Championship this weekend against Eastwood. Many Magpie fans will descend on Chipsy Wood. Easts easily got a few thousand in the ACC a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.