• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
Is GPS Premier grade equivalent to Brothers 2nd grade dizzle?
Not sure why so much love for uni on these pages. We got beaten pretty easily on the weekend by an under strength Sunnybank.

Brothers 2nd grade were very good last year I will have you know.
GPS will be the value bet!!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What will be the market for the spoon?

I won't name a club for the sake of not offending anyone but I do think that the wooden spooners will come from the northern side of the river.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Dizzle I honestly believe it is the most open comp in years so competition for the spoon will also be interesting.

I think you and your GPS contributors have been the ones pushing GPS chances under the radar, but it would be naive of the rest of us to right off anyone at this stage, particularly GPS.

It is going to be interesting to see where Wests, Norths, Bond and GPS sit after 4 or 5 rounds. I think if these clubs are to feature in the top 4 they will need big scalps early doors.

Now if Norths start with a win tomorrow that will make everyone sit up and take notice.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
dizzle I'd say your GPS boys will be enjoying the rain. Dragons are notorious for failing to deliver in the wet.

Also think Souths will get up over the Students this week.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Souths Magpies 2016 Preview

Reigning Premiers Souths Rugby Union look to go back to back in 2016 after a stellar run in the finals last year. As a result, a number of key players were rewarded with Dave Feao and Tom Murday picking up pro contracts in France along with Stephan Van Der Walt moving into the Australian Sevens program. The Magpies will need the remaining experienced campaigners to lead the way in 2016.

Head to our Facebook page for more details.

https://www.facebook.com/QPRtv/

Has anyone else seen the post on Souths Facebook by a Queenomi Montez- what the???

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Yeah they were up late this week. Heart bleeds for the poor media guys and girls at QRU.. Reckon they might just have had a busy week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QPRtv

Frank Row (1)
Last years runner up Easts Tigers Rugby Union Club​ have lost a wealth of experience in 2016 with the loss of Jack Mullins, Matt Brandon and Ed Quirk. To add to their woes Matt Gordon will miss the first few round due to injury along with Michael Gunn and Andrew Ready on Reds duties. Having said that the boys from Tigerland still have plenty of weapons in their arsenal as they look to go one better from last season.

Head to our Facebook page for more details.

https://www.facebook.com/QPRtv/

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
According to the QPR digital program Norths have recruited a quality player from the past - Michael Lynagh! Playing at 14 though, must have kept some speed up. With a name like that the guy has got a lot to live up to.

Also, at No. 3 for GPS - Alex Holmes - any relation to Greg?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tough road trip to Robina for the Tigers by these results.

I get the impression that others clubs will find Bond a tough day out in 2016.

GPS 25 Snbk 30 FT in Prems - that should give the boys from Yoku Rd some encouragement.

Uni 20 Souths 30 FT. Great result for the Magpies.

manwithcaninhand

Peter Burge (5)
Gee there were a lot of new (and young!) faces in that Tigers team that lost to Bond. I guess most QPR teams will have a similar "fresh" look this year. Thanks for the link to those photos QP.

Early days ...

Status
Not open for further replies.