• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Dizzle fair enough but your shit stirring particularly what would appear to be pot shots at - former GPS coach - Brett Picone, a bloke who won a premiership in his first year at Souths is not some of your best.

I think you'll find that all clubs in Premier Grade from 2nd - Bros - through to 6th - Bond - will be feeling the pressure to secure wins at this stage of the season.

I don't think Souths would be any different to the others and will take a lot of confidence from their run home in 2016 when they snuck into the 4 with a narrow victory over Brothers in the last round.

Wests will be hoping to make themselves a nuisance over the remainder of the season.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
After Souths play Brothers who have lost two more games but have an exceptional number of bonus points, they play teams that are below them on the table. They will have to be on their game but they are still a good chance to go back to back by firstly making the four then it is anyone's for the taking, which Souths showed last year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
Agree warhorse will be a great game on Saturday. I believe the Thor is playing even though he was red carded.
Still more pressure on Souths!!

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I thought a red card meant a week off but obviously the judiciary didn't agree.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sorry my bad. Temporarily forgot that he plays for The Filth and is the Reds messiah for their front row sometime in the future. Not sure when that's going to be because he has dropped down the selection list due to a series of injuries.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Sorry my bad. Temporarily forgot that he plays for The Filth and is the Reds messiah for their front row sometime in the future. Not sure when that's going to be because he has dropped down the selection list due to a series of injuries.

Injury or injuries?

My guess is he'll player Super Rugby sooner rather than later.

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
What's this about a Wests Logan merger?

Honestly, if Logan could provide the appropriate Coaching and player support staff that the doggies are obviously lacking combined with the new facilities at The Kennel then it should be explored.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Honestly, if Logan could provide the appropriate Coaching and player support staff that the doggies are obviously lacking combined with the new facilities at The Kennel then it should be explored.

Please this is simply more Dizzle dribble.

Neither of the clubs would have the appetite for a merger and neither they should.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah Dizzle did well to hook two with his little fishing trip. Plenty of talent down Logan way to go on their own. Just need to make sure they have a good structure in place off the field.

The Doggies will hopefully be able to sort themselves out once the facilities are sorted. As long as they aren't of the thinking "If you build it they will come". They will need to get guys on the ground selling the place to new players and coaching staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah Dizzle did well to hook two with his little fishing trip. Plenty of talent down Logan way to go on their own. Just need to make sure they have a good structure in place off the field.

The Doggies will hopefully be able to sort themselves out once the facilities are sorted. As long as they aren't of the thinking "If you build it they will come". They will need to get guys on the ground selling the place to new players and coaching staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah - why would Logan wanna be held back by the doggies anchor!!!

Sorry - tongue firmly in cheek there (or is it they're or their - where's my medication)

Aussie Bulldog

Frank Row (1)
It is a shame that our boys are sitting at the bottom of the ladder after such promising signs during the trials. I do feel the players are being let down by the people behind the scenes ie. board, coaches, ect. This years squad is full of talented players but like the past couple of season its just not clicking together under Pat Byron. Maybe a new coach and new facilities next year will be the fresh start our boys need. We have some good colts players coming through and our reserve grade is finally performing well. I don't know what the process is with getting QLD Reds contracted players to clubs but we need to do something to at least get one in our squad for next year.

Also does anyone know what happened to George Morseau? He scored 2 great tries in our only win of the season and haven't seen him in the team since.

Red Galloper

Frank Nicholson (4)
It is a shame about the doggies season but as I've said earlier it was always going to be a tough year playing the entire season away from home and building that strong club culture. I'm sure having a new stadium next season will give your boys that extra motivation.

Having read some of the posts from "Nightnday" it seems like either they are having off field coaching problems or your one of those coaches that got let go last year and your a bit dirty. I'm sure at this level they aren't just leaving the forwards to fend for themselves when preparing for a match. From the looks of the team sheets each week the front row combination hasn't been consistent as it was last year when it was Newell and Helu as props. Watching the West vs Norths game last Wednesday night at ballymore it was your backs that lost you that game and so can you please change the subject about wests not having a "dedicated" forwards coach.

I still think they will upset one of the top 6 teams in the last few rounds which will have a major influence on the top 4 make up. Hopefully its this week against sunnybank. GPS will put 50 on Bond this week and secure our spot in the four.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am friends with some of the Wests boys and there is def a bit of unrest at the Bulldogs but in saying that I think it's frustration from not performing and the boys not being super keen on what the coach is putting forward! I think all they need is a couple more quality players and coach's that the players will buy in with because at the moment there not! Just what I have heard

As for GPS let's not get ahead of ourselves saying we will put 50 on them!! It's going to be a physical encounter and the boys want to be clinical on Saturday if we do that we should be in a good position for a result at yoku! Happy Friday everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Red Galloper - "50 points on Bond" - nice to see humility is still a strong suit at Yoku.

Bond are a good outfit, have a good club culture and should be respected - any team that doesn't will do so at their peril.
You got it right there Bulldog. Bond have won all but one of their last 5 games and that was an unfortunate loss in the dying minutes by 1 point to UQ. I'm not saying they are going to win but they will die trying. The boys have put every effort into the last few games and they have a decent bench. Good luck to both teams and hoping Bond come out with a win.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah we know it's gonna be a hard one tomorrow! Let's just wait and see the result I know we have the cattle to do the job! It Will be a cracker at yoku rd tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.