• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why was it a shamozzle?

There was a media release relating to Shane's reappointment at the club and players/officials had known about it for some time, recruiting was under way etc.

Then he was signed as a member of the Reds coaching staff, I think maybe a week or so after he was officially named GPS Head Coach so obviously some pretty major changes would have to take place and lock in a new head coach of similar appeal.

It also caused some coaching changes at the club in teams other than Premier Grade as I believe a few were being brought in by Shane but didn't come to fruition once he was no longer available.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
There was a media release relating to Shane's reappointment at the club and players/officials had known about it for some time, recruiting was under way etc.

Then he was signed as a member of the Reds coaching staff, I think maybe a week or so after he was officially named GPS Head Coach so obviously some pretty major changes would have to take place and lock in a new head coach of similar appeal.

It also caused some coaching changes at the club in teams other than Premier Grade as I believe a few were being brought in by Shane but didn't come to fruition once he was no longer available.

Can't begrudge the guy though.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
No not at all, I'm not sure how the GPS Hierarchy feel about it but I would hope and presume that like most supporters they are happy for a bloke who has done so much for the club over the years to be rewarded.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Im pretty sure there isnt any hard feeling towards shaneo he has been to a few of our sessions and still a much loved bloke down at the club. Matho and shaneo speak often and matho is doing an outstanding job. Everyone if anything are stoked shaneo got the reds gig

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

2017Calendar.105916.png

Wait you mean the draw doesn't have to overlap with the NRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Any news on the progress for the Australian club championships? Heard Brothers have had a few sessions; any news?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
No not at all, I'm not sure how the GPS Hierarchy feel about it but I would hope and presume that like most supporters they are happy for a bloke who has done so much for the club over the years to be rewarded.

Transmission returned to normal wouldn't be a season of QPR without the GPS faithful having issues with coaching appointments - seriously though GPS should be glad to have Shane at the Reds and more than happy to have Matho in charge.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
On an unrelated topic to Shane Arnold, can anyone clarify the requirements of a rugby clubs information they must provide to its members at a years end? I was told a QPR club was recently unable to provide a financial report due to an apparent projector malfunction, I guess the printer was offline as well. Perhaps the player payments column was too big for public viewing ?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
On an unrelated topic to Shane Arnold, can anyone clarify the requirements of a rugby clubs information they must provide to its members at a years end? I was told a QPR club was recently unable to provide a financial report due to an apparent projector malfunction, I guess the printer was offline as well. Perhaps the player payments column was too big for public viewing ?

I believe player payments usually come directly from the pocket (or bank accounts) of club alumni or officials and generally don't pass through the club for all sorts of reasons.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What are people's view on how Norths will go this year?

Are they top 4 or will they be in 5th/6th category?

Same for Bond what are people's thoughts?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Me and 9 chums are heading up to Brisbane for the tahs/ reds game and are looking
For a rugby club luncheon on the Saturday to get the day underway. Any clubs holding a lunch on game day?

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Me and 9 chums are heading up to Brisbane for the tahs/ reds game and are looking
For a rugby club luncheon on the Saturday to get the day underway. Any clubs holding a lunch on game day?

Crashy....There is a full round of club games that afternoon (Sat 29 April). Brothers is hosting games v. Qld Uni at Crosby Park. Replay of last years GF. Usually a big day. Main game kicks off at 3.20pm. Buses from out front of club to Suncorp. At this stage not aware of any lunch but it may yet happen. The restaurant will be open.

I would also have a look at Wests Rugby. New clubhouse, new ground. Game v Souths that afternoon. They may have a function planned.

If keen on visiting Brothers drop me a line and I will organise tickets.

Cheers.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
He and Lagi were no shows, apparently. I heard if they play rugby this year, they were going to Wests..

Why is there an if? Surely Setu must be close to going to Europe.

If you get a Super Rugby cap someone overseas will want you.

Status
Not open for further replies.