• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Lawson Creighton to Brothers??
When did that happen?
Huge loss for Norths there. Dave Sheehan was chasing him heavily here at GPS. Kid can play. Interesting move considering the fly halves he's stuck behind (Murphy, Hunt, James)
Great pick up for Brothers Colts

A real Padua flavour to Brothers at the moment it seems. There were more Padua grads than Terrace in the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dru

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
King you seem to be in the know at Crosby rd. What other Padua boys are down at the filth?

Garrath Ryan, David Corbenici, Rob Meikle, Lawson Creighton and I thought one more, but maybe not.

Terrace had Dan Liddy, Angus Fowler, Chris Larosa, George Patridge and Reuben Wall.

Nudgee had 18 old boys represented.

On another note, does anyone know where David Findlay-Henaway is? Not being on this list would indicate either A) a Super Rugby trial somewhere, B) injury, or C) jumping ship to another club closer to home on the Coast.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
S
Garrath Ryan, David Corbenici, Rob Meikle, Lawson Creighton and I thought one more, but maybe not.

Terrace had Dan Liddy, Angus Fowler, Chris Larosa, George Patridge and Reuben Wall.

Nudgee had 18 old boys represented.

On another note, does anyone know where David Findlay-Henaway is? Not being on this list would indicate either A) a Super Rugby trial somewhere, B) injury, or C) jumping ship to another club closer to home on the Coast.

Sunnybank I believe

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

A real Padua flavour to Brothers at the moment it seems. There were more Padua grads than Terrace in the list.

There are more Padua 1st XV players that have come. Their names escape me but they are forwards.

Tupou, Talakai and Tui aren't included for obvious reasons. They'll be spending most on their time at the Reds. UQ picked anyone up?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
King/Filth with this squad is the Filth the 2017 QPR favourites??

If you win the ACC then you just might be!!

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
King/Filth with this squad is the Filth the 2017 QPR favourites??

If you win the ACC then you just might be!!

I think they'd have to be favourites to go back to back.

Bulldog, how are your Bulldogs looking for next year? Will you have the talent to match that impressive looking new setup?

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
17 Fearless 2017 Predictions:

1. Brothers to go back to back Premiers for the first time since Canberra Vikings in 2001-2003
2. Stefano Hunt to win Alec Evans Medal
3. Easts to continue their end of 2016 surge and find their way back into top 4
4. Wests to knock off UQ in Round 1 at the Colessium
5. Brothers and QLD 20s Prop Harry Hoopert to make Super Rugby debut
6. Bond University to reach inaugural Finals Series
7. Sunnybank to finish outside the 4 under new coach Damon Virtue
8. NRC to be scrapped after 2017 season due to financial troubles
9. Plans for new second tier club comp to come into play
10. George Smith to play QPR during the June test break
11. Nat Gendle to call it quits after seasons end (Not such a fearless call)
12. Norths to win a few early games before history repeats itself
13. QPR grand final to be televised
14. Brothers to defeat Norths (Sydney) in Australian Club Championship
15. Brothers to win Premier Colts
16. Sunnybank to lose Isaak Fines to overseas or an Australian Super rugby franchise
17. Me to get grilled for this post

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
nrc is low budget and only attracting more sponsors of each team. if it gets scrapped it will be for something different not cash. although it seems to be growing in stature.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
One factor which will play a big role in determining the winner of QPR17 is whether the Reds miss the 2017 Super Rugby finals. I doubt this will be the case but that's for another thread.

Number of Reds aligned with QPR clubs.

GPS 5,
Easts 5,
Norths 5,
Souths 5,
UQ 4,
Bank 4,
Bond 3,
Brothers 3,
Wests 3.

Maranata and Smith aren't aligned to any club as of yet. To even up the numbers one should rightly go to Wests, and the other to either Bond or Brothers.

The Premier Rugby season will be longer due to Logan being included in RG. About three or four weeks longer than 2016.

N.B - Corrected - Maranta to Wests.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Maranata and Smith aren't aligned to any club as of yet. To even up the numbers one should rightly go to Wests, and the other to either Bond or Brothers.

I believe Maranta is with Wests

Attachments

• IMG_0443.PNG
    IMG_0443.PNG
    877.8 KB · Views: 326

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
How are the mighty gallopers travelling in pre season? Who is matho's assistant? Last I heard he was trying to track down Tim Atkinson from Darwin, but atko seems fairly intrenched in the NT 7's program up there.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
17 Fearless 2017 Predictions:

1. Brothers to go back to back Premiers for the first time since Canberra Vikings in 2001-2003
2. Stefano Hunt to win Alec Evans Medal
3. Easts to continue their end of 2016 surge and find their way back into top 4
4. Wests to knock off UQ in Round 1 at the Colessium
5. Brothers and QLD 20s Prop Harry Hoopert to make Super Rugby debut
6. Bond University to reach inaugural Finals Series
7. Sunnybank to finish outside the 4 under new coach Damon Virtue
8. NRC to be scrapped after 2017 season due to financial troubles
9. Plans for new second tier club comp to come into play
10. George Smith to play QPR during the June test break
11. Nat Gendle to call it quits after seasons end (Not such a fearless call)
12. Norths to win a few early games before history repeats itself
13. QPR grand final to be televised
14. Brothers to defeat Norths (Sydney) in Australian Club Championship
15. Brothers to win Premier Colts
16. Sunnybank to lose Isaak Fines to overseas or an Australian Super rugby franchise
17. Me to get grilled for this post

Hey whisperer good first post.
A few things on there look very probable
The ones that interest me are

5. reds have 5 out of their 6 props who can play loose head. A lot would have to go wrong for Harry to get a go. But a good player and hopefully he gets some solid game time for the Aus 20's.
6. If bond and easts are are in - Brothers winning in that only leaves one spot left. Is that for Uni, GPS or souths?
7. More in response to Eagle. Damo is a fantastic coach who the boys love playing for. If they miss finals it won't be a coaching issue
11. Gendy to call quits after 2 games when he reaches 200 prem games??
13. Would love this (whole finals series even) but not sure it can happen under current agreement
15. When was the last Brothers team to win Prem colts?? 15+ years?
16. Surprised someone hasn't already picked him up after last year.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the Whisperer's crystal balling is wonderful but 1, 2 & 4 might be the most out there!!!

Happy NY to all but even with the dawning of 2017, the opening of the new facilities at Sylvan Road, & Lachlan Maranta aligning himself to the Bulldogs sadly I just can't see my Bulldogs moving off the bottom of the ladder in 2017.

Why? Well if you don't make changes (I.e. Same coaching regime) you can't affect change.

Maranta seems to be the only significant player addition and it's more than likely we won't see too much of him if he can force his way into the Reds top 23 which from all accounts seems likely.

I hope I am proved very wrong.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am actually surprised that Maranta has chosen to play his club rugby at Wests given if he isn't in the Reds it will be difficult to present himself to the best of his ability in a club side which is struggling.

Broadie must have done some good talking to secure Maranta - well done Broadie.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Whisperer I'm interested to know your thoughts on the new Sunnybank coach, heard he's popular amongst the players from his time with 7s and colts. Do you think he is perhaps too close?

I know he is considered to be a very good Colts coach and very well liked, I just think Rob Seib is going to be incredibly hard to replace.

Shame to hear your prediction for Wests for 2017 Bulldog. Maybe it will take a few years to get the results they are after.

I'm also curious as is Dunc on GPS. Can anyone shed any light on their campaign so far?

Homer Dog

Bob McCowan (2)
I think the Whisperer's crystal balling is wonderful but 1, 2 & 4 might be the most out there!!!

Happy NY to all but even with the dawning of 2017, the opening of the new facilities at Sylvan Road, & Lachlan Maranta aligning himself to the Bulldogs sadly I just can't see my Bulldogs moving off the bottom of the ladder in 2017.

Why? Well if you don't make changes (I.e. Same coaching regime) you can't affect change.

Maranta seems to be the only significant player addition and it's more than likely we won't see too much of him if he can force his way into the Reds top 23 which from all accounts seems likely.

I hope I am proved very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.