• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
At a quick glance you can see plenty of Shute Shielders (and Victorians) in the Qld squads. People move.
There wouldn't be 7 Sydney first graders in qld let alone 7 from one club.

My point is they aren't all moving down on signed contacts. If they are moving because they think they are getting better footy opportunities in nsw then we aren't on the same playing level as Shute shield, we are behind it.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
There wouldn't be 7 Sydney first graders in qld let alone 7 from one club.

My point is they aren't all moving down on signed contacts. If they are moving because they think they are getting better footy opportunities in nsw then we aren't on the same playing level as Shute shield, we are behind it.

Or maybe they feel they are more likely to get better exposure in NSW, leading to contracts - SS is televised.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Just rocked up to the Bond game and saw the score. Can't believe This is the same team that played GPS

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Prems full time gps 33 south 10

Premier FT Wests 23 defeated Sunnybank 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So some dogs supporters were calling for the coach head after round 1?

Premiers got a great victory today. Hoping this dragon slaying performance carries over in the coming weeks. Will help with this teams confidence going forward.

Sunnybank bombed 3 tries in first half where they crossed the line and just completely fumbled it... would feel sorry for them but I don't. (Every win involves a little bit of luck)

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
They'd be getting excited out at Yoku Rd.

And at Shaw Rd they'll be feeling the heat now they are 0&3 - the only club not to register a competition point after 3 rounds - all their Reds won't be needed for the semis at this rate.

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
They'd be getting excited out at Yoku Rd.

And at Shaw Rd they'll be feeling the heat now they are 0&3 - the only club not to register a competition point after 3 rounds - all their Reds won't be needed for the semis at this rate.

I'd say they would be feeling the pinch, given what they are allegedly giving players. The prem colts coach who I believe is also the president of norths abused the young referee yesterday after the game, I felt for the ref, but it was disgusting behaviour. This whole notion of 'good humans' was obviously forgotten yesterday. Not a good look.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the experiences with the Stingrays shows its not sustainable unless you have very deep pockets.

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
Care to elaborate Dunc? Are you referring to player payments?

I'm sure it's not much of a secret given certain players seem to happy to discuss incentives with mates at other clubs. Most clubs offer incentives to varying degrees, some are just a bit more logical about it - ie being set up with a good job is of more long term benefit to an individual than a match fee

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting that the top 3 teams have all had the bye and we have two top 4 clashes this weekend.

1 Uni v 2 GPS and 3 Easts v 4 Snbk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I just find it very interesting that the following are all registered at Norths:
- Kane Douglas;
- Karmichael Hunt (previously Bros);
- Duncan Paia'aua (prev GPS);
- Hendrik Tui.

If they were all at Uni, Bros or Snbk then I'd understand but Norths who haven't made the top 4 in 10+ years?

I also see Sef Fa'agase is registered with GPS - is that 3 clubs (prev Wests & Uni) in 4 years?

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lukhan is at Souths and sef still at uni must be a mistake

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When was Duncan at GPS? When he first signed? Probably went with Fogarty.

He played a lot for Norths last year and was excellent.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will Phil Kite play for GPS?

We'll have him - he was a prolific try scorer for a front rower when he played for GPS back about 2012/13.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
When was Duncan at GPS? When he first signed? Probably went with Fogarty.

He played a lot for Norths last year and was excellent.

Yeah mate he was there till 2014 then left with fogs! Good lad and good player

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lukhan is at Souths

Yes I know I was talking about "Hendrik Tui" not "Lukhan Tui"

BTW was there any animosity/heat in the GPS v Souths (yesterday's GPS) last Saturday - the Gallopers wouldn't have worried leaving Yeronga with 5 points - a good day out for the Gallopers I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.