• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have reached my daily limit of news articles Reg

Care to give me the readers digest footnotes of what said articles is about that you linked above?

The annual match will see representative sides of the best NSW club players and the best Queensland club players do battle, and likely be shown live on Channel Seven’s main channel.​
The first match is set down for June next year, according to Club Rugby TV owners Nick Fordham and John Murray.​

Squads for the interstate showdown will be restricted to players who do not hold Super Rugby contracts, and along with coaches, will be selected by selection panels of former Wallabies.​
In a Barbarians style, club socks will be worn by all.​
Venues such as Leichhardt Oval are being considered for Sydney but it will swap states each year.​

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
The annual match will see representative sides of the best NSW club players and the best Queensland club players do battle, and likely be shown live on Channel Seven’s main channel.​
The first match is set down for June next year, according to Club Rugby TV owners Nick Fordham and John Murray.​

Squads for the interstate showdown will be restricted to players who do not hold Super Rugby contracts, and along with coaches, will be selected by selection panels of former Wallabies.​
In a Barbarians style, club socks will be worn by all.​
Venues such as Leichhardt Oval are being considered for Sydney but it will swap states each year.​
How good is that !!!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The rain going to cause havoc around any of the grounds tomorrow?

I am expecting to wake up tomorrow with a competition wide postponement the way the media is covering this rain event

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see Jake McIntyre crack a start for Sunnybank this weekend, at 12.

Taniela Tupou starting at THP for Brothers.

Adam Korczyk at 6 for UQ

James Tuttle and Chris Kuridrani playing for GPS.

Ready and Rodda for Easts

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't mind McIntyre at 12, for some reason I feel a bit of midfield experience could help him play flatter to the line.

With Tuttle at GPS, does that mean Frisby is not playing at all or is he in reserve grade?

Doubting Thomas

Stan Wickham (3)
I have just read the Week 9 Preview and was intrigued about the Norths article that discusses a host of new recruits this year including Tyrone Lefau, AJ Campbell and Brad Lacey yet none of them are on the team list this week? Can anyone shed some light?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have just read the Week 9 Preview and was intrigued about the Norths article that discusses a host of new recruits this year including Tyrone Lefau, AJ Campbell and Brad Lacey yet none of them are on the team list this week? Can anyone shed some light?

Yeh they are all playing at their true level - Reserve Grade!!! Ha ha

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't know about the interstate club game - we don't really buy in on the NRC and that's even when Bne City won the first 2 editions and unless your club plays in the Aust Club Championship no one really gives a toss.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't know about the interstate club game - we don't really buy in on the NRC and that's even when Bne City won the first 2 editions and unless your club plays in the Aust Club Championship no one really gives a toss.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

I never liked the concept of NRC how they divided the players between the 2 teams.

Brisbane City & Qld Country but players would be interchangeable between the 2 teams year to year. (i believe one year Faagase was with Brisbane City but next year he was with Qld Country?)

Wests representative last year were Tyrone & Jeremiah i believe both were aligned with Qld Country... are Wests supporter expected to drive all the way down to Bond? It would be better if both teams were in brisbane.

As for the allstar match.. fantastic concept. the match can be used as a trial game/stepping stone for anyone with NRC aspirations. I always enjoy when the Canetoads smash the roaches!

Chapo

Bob McCowan (2)
Well, that was an anti climax. Brothers were complete crap. That said, the dragons seem to have finally clicked. THEY looked very good in the second half half

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
UQ had the wrong side of the breakdown leased out this week. The amount of times they were offside or not rolling away was crazy. Ref called none of it. Ran away with in the end though.

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
Yeh they are all playing at their true level - Reserve Grade!!! Ha ha

This is awkward...

all that money spent bringing in all those players from interstate and the new Qld Reds development officer, Lachlan Maranta and still couldnt beat a Norths team missing - Lacey, Leafau, AJ Campbell, Phil Kite?

underthesticks

Bob McCowan (2)
Tough game at Yoku Rd. Bruising defence, fair few errors.

AJ Alitimu was outstanding for GPS, involved in everything. Really impressed by Bobby Tuttle also- for me, he stood out more than when Frisby played for GPS a few weeks ago.
Toby White for Easts is a class player.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Tremendous team effort from Norths today, seriously down on troops however out lasted Wests. 2 tries in the last 10 minutes was exciting to watch, especially the last one to Vuki, only way to describe it was a Vuki special. Norths scrum held up extremely well considering the cattle that wasn't available. Nick Chapman was excellent again as well as Connor Chittenden, Shane Tasi was great. Wests were well served by their 11, 9 and 7. Tough couple of weeks for Norths with Uni away and then GPS at home however strong wins in Prems and Prem Reserves would suggest good things happening at Shaw Rd.

Shungmao

Stan Wickham (3)
Just did some research and rang a mate at Norths. Tyrone hip injury, Lacey a contract overseas, kite contract in Mitre 10 cup and Campbell wasn't sure but thinking overseas contract as well. Rest are injuries or players put in reserve grade based on form.

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
Half way into the competition now, so I'll put my hat in the ring for my team of the comp so far. GWS this may please you somewhat more than earlier attempts.

1. Laione Mulikihaamea (GPS)
2. Feleti Kaituu (GPS)
3. Fred Burke (GPS)
4. Pat Morrey (UQ)
5. Dan Gorman (GPS)
6. Michael Richards (GPS)
7. Jack De Guingand (UQ)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ)
9. Isaak Fines-Leluwaisa (Sunnybank)
10. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
11. Veresa Mataitini (Norths)
12. Alex Horan (University)
13. Josh Birch (University)
14. Mitch Felsman (Brothers)
15. Byron Hutchison (Wests)

RESERVES
16. Ryan Freney (GPS)
17. Richie Asiata (Easts)
18. Fred Burke (GPS)
19. Dave Findlay-Henaway (Sunnybank)
20. Tai Ford (Bond University)
21. Nick Chapman (Norths)
22. James Dalgleish (University)
23. Ed Fidow (Wests)

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't think Feleti Kaituu has played a game this season. Has spent at least the last 2-3 weeks playing club rugby in NZ hoping to crack Canterbury's ITM Cup team.

Ed Fidow would be a must have. Junior Laolifi (sorry about the awful spelling) would be close.

Horan hasn't played many games with u20's duties but he may still have been the best canditate, not too many standout 12's running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.