• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
No axe to grind here mate just calling it as it is. I just don't think any rugby player should ask for coin to play 4 club games because after all every Premier Grade Rugby Club is a not-for-profit entity. It is not a dig at your club.

Cree was an Easts bloke who left the club and went to the neighbouring Souths club - I don't think too many guys have made that switch. It is a bit like a bloke leaving Norths to go play for Brothers. Or leaving Wests for Uni.

BTW what happened with the loss of competition points?

Extremely solid win by the Eagles today - Only caught a bit of it Cree had an impact - looked like a happy tight team there - Eagles have taken a few big scalps this year 3 out of the top 5 GPS, Easts and Wests showing they can mix it with the best.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bond played well, they dominated the first quarter with a good passing game. A good line break and run by #13 to set up the first try. A few missed kicks and penalties for bond had them trailing 8-10 at half time. Second half had Brothers increase the lead with a runaway try to Felsman 17-8. A long pass out to Bond #13 saw him go over for a unconverted try in the corner, score 17-13 Brothers. With only a couple of minutes to go Bond #9 & 6 linked a couple of passes together from inside their own half with 6 taking on the defense for a 50m sprint to score the winner. Bond 18 Brothers 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched GPS v Souths yesterday. First time watching Souths and a few things stuck out to me - a lack of structure in their game but a great ability in broken play to score tries and a lack of fitness up front particularly in their replacement players. Despite the scoreline GPS were not that impressive to me either and did not show me they are good enough to win the competition. I hope I am wrong!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am moving towards believing that Wests can get there but they aren't there just yet - plenty of twists & turns left in this season.

TEAM: R15; R16; R17; R18; Top 3 Opp; 4-7 Opp; 8&9 Opp
UNI(55)*; Souths(A); Easts(H); GPS(A) Bond(H) 1; 2; 1;
GPS(37)*; Bond(H); Snbk(A); Uni(H); Easts(A) 2; 1; 1;
SNBK(31)*; Easts(H); GPS(H); Norths(A) Bros(A) 1; 2; 1;
EASTS(30): Snbk(A); Uni(A); BYE; GPS(H); 3; 0; 0;
WESTS(27): BYE; Bond(A); Bros(H); Norths(H); 0; 1; 2;
SOUTHS(23): Uni(H); Bros(A); Bond(A); BYE; 1; 1; 1;
BROS(22)*: Norths(A); Souths(H); Wests(A) Snbk(H); 1; 2; 1;

*Uni, GPS, Snbk & Bros have had their second bye at this stage

Norths & Bond are the only sides that you can put a line through for 2017 but with both recording upset wins yesterday they are still relevant in QPR17.

Aussie Bulldog

Frank Row (1)
Got out to Sylvan Rd yesterday to watch the Wests game and it was a great spectacle. Wests have a lot of talented players running around and its great to see after so many years in the wilderness. I am confident the Bulldogs can make it into the finals after the performance yesterday. The only worrying sign yesterday was how bad the Wests scrum was which leaked 2 tries and gave away numerous penalties. I thought Sunnybank would crawl back using the scrum until the Wests backs shut the game out. The 2 wingers and no9 were outstanding for Wests but being a former prop my favourite was the aggressiveness of the Wests no1. Keep it up boys.

scrumanchor

Bob McCowan (2)
Caught the Easts v North's game on the weekend & have to say that Easts didn't play like a top 4 team. Hopefully they can turn it around for this weekend, but taking no credit away from North's, they played some hard defense.

Also heard that North's are challenging the 4 points they lost for the unregistered player, something about the other club not doing the correct paperwork. So if they get those points back it will make things very interesting.

Eagleforlife

Bob McCowan (2)
quote="scrumanchor, post: 949111, member: 69598"]Caught the Easts v North's game on the weekend & have to say that Easts didn't play like a top 4 team. Hopefully they can turn it around for this weekend, but taking no credit away from North's, they played some hard defense.

Also heard that North's are challenging the 4 points they lost for the unregistered player, something about the other club not doing the correct paperwork. So if they get those points back it will make things very interesting.[/quote]

wow! Hope we win it, that would mix things up a bit. It would be a cracking end to the regular season if the Wests v Norths game was a finals decider. However the Filth this week, so one week at a time.

scrumanchor

Bob McCowan (2)
quote="scrumanchor, post: 949111, member: 69598"]Caught the Easts v North's game on the weekend & have to say that Easts didn't play like a top 4 team. Hopefully they can turn it around for this weekend, but taking no credit away from North's, they played some hard defense.

Also heard that North's are challenging the 4 points they lost for the unregistered player, something about the other club not doing the correct paperwork. So if they get those points back it will make things very interesting.

wow! Hope we win it, that would mix things up a bit. It would be a cracking end to the regular season if the Wests v Norths game was a finals decider. However the Filth this week, so one week at a time.[/quote]

Norths are playing the filth this week aye?

That might be the game to watch then!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just a bit of trivia - since 2011 the average points (adjusted by decreasing by 10 for the seasons when the Stingrays were in the Comp) for the team finishing 4th is 52.2 competition points. This year it will probably be about 39 points.

Why? - 2 reasons: 1. Change from 4 try bonus point to >3T; & 2. Fact that sides 8&9 teams have recorded wins and that sides 3-7 have shared the wins around rather than the top 4 beating up on the bottom 5 consistently.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)

I would like nothing better than Norths getting those points back but I can't see the appeal being successful as the responsibility must surely rest with the club requiring the release not the club issuing it.

scrumanchor

Bob McCowan (2)
I would like nothing better than Norths getting those points back but I can't see the appeal being successful as the responsibility must surely rest with the club requiring the release not the club issuing it.

You would assume that is the case with the paperwork but with the QRU who knows. I do hope they get the points back, guess time will tell.

Moonrat

Frank Nicholson (4)
Was out at Wests on Saturday for my first visit. Great view from the raised bank. Fantastic facility and a good atmosphere. Draught beer and a decent steak sandwich.
All the hype about electric backlines should go to Wests. They have some real flyers on either wing. The 9 is sharp too. 15 is a very good communicator and the 7 was tireless in his work rate.
Sbanks tight 5 won their battle but the 6,7,8 lost theirs. Which ultimately cost them the game in my opinion.

Best on ground
Wests 14, 11, 9

S'Bank 3,4,2

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
Got out to Sylvan Rd yesterday to watch the Wests game and it was a great spectacle. Wests have a lot of talented players running around and its great to see after so many years in the wilderness. I am confident the Bulldogs can make it into the finals after the performance yesterday. The only worrying sign yesterday was how bad the Wests scrum was which leaked 2 tries and gave away numerous penalties. I thought Sunnybank would crawl back using the scrum until the Wests backs shut the game out. The 2 wingers and no9 were outstanding for Wests but being a former prop my favourite was the aggressiveness of the Wests no1. Keep it up boys.

Great win by Wests on Saturday with a few boys playing out of position with captain and fly half Alec Jones and hooker Cody Blackhurst both out injured. Hopefully the boys can maintain momentum from here and finish off the last part of the season as they did in middle of the season.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I was at Yoku Rd on Saturday and thought CFS played a decent game. Very strong ball carries and some solid defensive work. Scored a try dragging a couple of GPS players behind him.

Still carrying a fair bit of condition and came off after 60 odd mins. Massive strapping on his knee and upper leg however he looked very motivated which isn't something I've always associated with him

Souths were going well until a dubious yellow card helped GPS skip away toward the end.

Rugbys4every1

Frank Row (1)
Massive win for Wests, from the footage i think their backline definately got them out of trouble ultimately winning them the game. Beware the dogs are coming!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Even though Wests have a bye this weekend the Snbk v Easts clash holds great significance for the Bulldog chances.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
There's no doubt a number of Brothers supporters resorted to the rosary beads throughout the week praying that we would break our losing streak, but it was not to be.

Congratulations to Norths. I doubt many would have tipped Bros this weekend given our form, but I thought we showed heart towards the end, unlucky not to get another try. Brothers threw a couple of terrible passes, which resulted in Norths getting two tries. Wish I could take the win away from them, but they deserved it. Well done TrainerGB and Co.

It's disappointing to be second last at the moment. Hopefully the Brethren can get a win next week against Souths and push up the table.

The loss today has pretty much ruled Brothers out of finals. But we can seek encouragement through the amount of young talent playing in Prems at the moment, such as Fraser McCreight, Ruben Wall, Lawson Creighton etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.