• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Think that YC is a bit rich, maybe something occurred that we couldn't see, but Radike looked to be protecting Frisby, not attacking the other player

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
UQ far too good today 23-14. GPS seemed to be over awed and with the amount of dropped ball within metres of the try line meant to me it just wasn't going to be their day. UQ did their homework well. The scrum stood up, they snuffed out Sami's mid field running, the forwards were aggressive in defence and they held onto the ball at vital times. Unfortunately I think Radike showed his age today. Mori for UQ was the heart and soul of the UQ and stood out for my MOM. Congrats to UQ...........bastards;)!!!!

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
A great arvo out on the Ballymore Hill watching two incredibly committed teams. Well done Heavies who faced the challenge of the GPS pack and came out on top.

What is it with the QRU temperance society however? 25 mins to get a beer because not enough bar staff. Every year this happens.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
A game where GPS lost it rather than UQ winning it. Too much turnover ball, much of it when not under pressure. That said, UQ performed on the day when GPS did not so deserved winners.

manwithcaninhand

Peter Burge (5)
I just watched the "incident" on replay and the Yellow card for Samo was an absolute joke. Really pathetic and sad refereeing.
Ridiculous refereeing. Samo did sweet FA.

Uni are deserved premiers though. Dalgleish clicked today, like he has for most of the season, and Horan had a great first half. Uni forwards were very good and I reckon GPS were hoping for forward dominance which just did not eventuate.

Congrats Uni.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Pretty simple GPS didn't score enough points when they were dominate in the first 25-30 mins. Should have taken the shots at goal. Great defense from uni though out the match.

Also I was sitting in the sun so I couldn't see the potential penalty try. What did you guys think of that incident?

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Congrats to Uni on a fantastic season. They handled the occasion better than us and their finals experience showed. We just dropped too much ball and made poor decisions. Was still a great night down at Yoku and Mad Monday is still going strong. At least our Reggies boys had a fantastic win over the Bank. Was still a great year for the club and a massive turn around from the past couple of seasons.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Why isn't Ballymore used more often?!?!
Spoke to a couple of Reds players and they'd love to play there. Has a good feeling. Grassroots, community etc.
I was sitting across the other side up high and it was a wonderful view.
Disappointed there was no beer or toilets on that side though!
Such a shame they are letting it fall apart.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's the reason. They don't have the money to upgrade it let alone sustain it.

The whole place is antiquated. Transport is terrible, spectator facilities (toilets, food, etc) are terrible. The eastern stand is effectively just seats only - nothing else is operational.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The transport issue is a big one for me, it's a pain in the ass getting out of there after any decently sized game and it's not like there are pubs within walking distance where you can relax and wait for the crowds to die before jumping on a bus or getting a taxi.

In regards to food and drink facilties though, surely there are enough food trucks, pop up craft bars etc. that can be given access on game days to run the catering.

I'd love if they played a Premier match (1pm Prem Colts, 3pm Prem Reserve, 5pm Prem Grade) there each week (or bi-weekly) and could go down with a decent selection of beers and food, bit of a mini club rugby festival atmosphere with clubs having two games there a year or something.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Good idea Big Dog but unfortunately clubs wouldn't go for it as they would loose much needed dollars from canteen and bar sales.

anything that takes money away from grassroots and puts it in the pockets of a provincial rugby team is a bad idea. It should be done in opposite like example NRC going to the suburban clubs which is/was a fantastic idea

Status
Not open for further replies.