• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does the Bunter Bowl only get contested when the holder plays at home?

Are Easts the current holder? Would just like a crack at it at home v Easts in two weeks.

Whoever holds the cup will defend it at their respective home games, until another club defeats them and claims possession of the trophy. Each Premier club will also have one challenge they can cash in during season, meaning they can challenge the holder of the cup for the trophy when hosting them in an away fixture.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks Reg sounds like a plan then for the Bulldogs.

If Easts beat Norths at home next weekend then Wests should challenge the following weekend at Sylvan Rd.

Mind you Norths will go to Easts next week with some confidence after their narrow loss to Uni and I think they may have beaten the Tigers at Bottomley in the last two years. They definitely won last year to give the Bulldogs a leg up into the semis.

swillo5

Bob McCowan (2)
heartbreaking loss for the bretheren on Saturday. I thought Sunnybank were gone after 20 minutes at 21-0 down. They showed a lot of character to come back from that deficit and win on the death with a penalty from a Brother scrum feed. Although up and down this year the Dragons don't seem to lack heart. As for brothers, they all seemed very young. A couple of years in the top grade and they will be a serious force.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Swillo5 your post is interesting as it's rare for sympathy to be showered on the Filth on this forum.

Seriously though Brothers are smashing it this year across the lower grades - clear reward for sustained development in colts over the last 5/6 years. Fair play to them!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Uni too good but the closeness of the table might give us a chance if we can get over the line in the last 11 rounds.

Table incredibly tight after 7 rounds

1 Souths 23*
2 Uni 20*
3 Easts 19 *
4 GPS 19 *
5 Snbk 15
6 Wests 11*
7 Bros 10 *
8 Bond 10
9 Norths 7*

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Did not get to Crosby for any of the games v Logan on Saturday but Rugbylink has Logan forfeiting 2nd and 3rd grade and both Colts 1 and 2.

Please tell me this is a typo ? Did anyone see the games ?

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Did not get to Crosby for any of the games v Logan on Saturday but Rugbylink has Logan forfeiting 2nd and 3rd grade and both Colts 1 and 2.

From what I heard is that the 2nds didn't front so therefore the whole club is marked as a forfeit. I know Colts 1 and 2 played

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)

Yes, I believe there were a number of forfeits for the weekend; if it was 4 out of 4 forfeits by Logan, they will not win any fans by that sort of performance. Any rugby, even if you get flogged, is better than no rugby.

I remember Teacher Norths (Norths) in the late 60's and early 70's, they got flogged week after week, but they turned up and played; they kept at it for a number of years and it finally culminated in a grand final win in 76 (?), a great achievement for the club.

In addition to that, some bright spark in the 2nd's, decided to play 15 on 10 (god only knows why!!??). From reports it was a game of cheap shots and eventually ended up in injury for one of the Brothers more prominent 2nd rowers who could be out for a while. The coaches at Brothers, or whoever thought that was a good idea, should have a good hard look at themselves; what the **ck do they think they were doing!!...

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks like not much has changed over at Norths, still getting flogged.
Great Ladies day down at Yoku Rd on the weekend with Prems having a strong win over Souths. Good for the comp that it's not a one horse race. Ladder really tight with all sides, with the exception of Norths still in contention for the top 4.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Update from
From what I heard is that the 2nds didn't front so therefore the whole club is marked as a forfeit. I know Colts 1 and 2 played

Yes your info is just about right. Apparently the 2nd's and Colts 2 did forfeit for Logan. However both the 3rd grade and Colts 1
did play (even though the results were very lopsided to Brothers). Bit of a silly rule really, that all the "playing teams" get a
forfeit behind their names, even though they played. Bit Stalinist.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Looks like not much has changed over at Norths, still getting flogged.
Ladder really tight with all sides, with the exception of Norths still in contention for the top 4.

Nah wasn't putting down Norths, just saying they didn't forfeit, even though they were getting flogged.

Good win by Jeeps, still my team standard for this year. Souths were unlucky, but then a lot of teams can say that.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Update from

Yes your info is just about right. Apparently the 2nd's and Colts 2 did forfeit for Logan. However both the 3rd grade and Colts 1

did play (even though the results were very lopsided to Brothers). Bit of a silly rule really, that all the "playing teams" get a

forfeit behind their names, even though they played. Bit Stalinist.

So where does Logan sit with the rest of the season?
If they have injuries and no depth, they are going to forfeit a lot more to clubs. I understand the reasoning behind penalising the club, but I don't see it fair for the teams that did play to loose 2 points and cop a flogging.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Souths (incl. Quade) are still the benchmark in the competition despite their loss on the weekend.

They have been the most consistent side in the comp to date.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Souths (incl. Quade) are still the benchmark in the competition despite their loss on the weekend.

They have been the most consistent side in the comp to date.
Totally agree. Souths have been very consistent and could well have taken the match on Saturday. They backed their attacking style of play right to the end by going for the lineout rather than the shot for goal from the final penalty. It didn't come off this time but they will prevail more than fail with this attitude.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.