• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Just had a look at the draw - would seem pretty unequal Norths get to play each team after they come off a bye???

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Which teams are most affected by that?

Bond
Angus Blyth
Hayden Sargent

Uni
Harry Hockings
Josh Nasser
Tate McDermott

Brothers
Harry Hoopert
Matthew Faessler
Fraser McReight
Lawson Creighton

Wests
Efi Maafu
Jordan Petaia

Sunnybank
Isaac Lucas

Norths
Tony Hunt

GPS
Tom Kibble

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
It was raised in the U20s thread, but a name conspicuous in it's absence from the U20 squad is Will Eadie. I know he's at Uni, but does anyone know how he's going?

I think he only got a few runs in 1st grade last year, but I could be well off the pace.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Bond
Angus Blyth
Hayden Sargent

Uni
Harry Hockings
Josh Nasser
Tate McDermott

Brothers
Harry Hoopert
Matthew Faessler
Fraser McReight
Lawson Creighton

Wests
Efi Maafu
Jordan Petaia

Sunnybank
Isaac Lucas

Norths
Tony Hunt

GPS
Tom Kibble

Nasser has been sitting on the bench for Uni while McReight is still coming back from injury. GPS also unaffected as Kibble has been playing colts so far

Reactions: vac

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
It was raised in the U20s thread, but a name conspicuous in it's absence from the U20 squad is Will Eadie. I know he's at Uni, but does anyone know how he's going?

I think he only got a few runs in 1st grade last year, but I could be well off the pace.

Scored a hatrick in round 2 didn't he? He's still with the reds u20 academy however was dropped from the Aus 20's. Heard it was a mixture of being a one trick pony/attitude problems.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
O'k, after my disastrous 1 from 4, yes that's right 25%, last week performance it's only gotta get better right?? Well lets see if that will happen. At least I did better in the Doughty Shield prediction, for whatever that's worth!?
Watched all the games on the weekend and for mine still Jeeps and The Bank are the forerunners, followed by Souths (with a little distance behind the other two). Was disappointed in Norths performance and to a lesser degree in Brothers (at least they came back to make a better match of it, after the horse had bolted ofc).
Now to this weeks ill-informed opinion:
Wests v Norths
Well I thought Norths lacked a fair bit last week, and whilst I thought some of the calls were a bit harsh on them they just didn't jell at all: in viscosity terms they were almost watery! I think Wests at home after their "spell' will do it easily. The Doughty Shield won't be close either with Wests winning the day probably by 6 to 2, pushing Wests higher in the ranking for the week. Wests by 12.
The Bank v The Heavies
Well the jet-setters didn't really make that much difference and to be quite honest I thought The Heavies were more cohesive against Brothers. That said Bond had a good win even though it was by a point. Not much respite for the Heavies this week as The Bank (although I thought the score flattered them a little), got the job done against Jeeps last week. The Bank are in form and should put the students back into the library this week. The Bank by 10.
Souths v The Brethren
Whilst a lot of you got a little chubby over Souths performance last week, and the Quade goggles just increased their focal point, you must remember that the cellar dwellers (Norths) put 26, yes 26 points on them. Good win by Souths, but its not touch guys! Brothers got it so wrong by letting Easts put 20 odd points on them fairly easily. At least they came back and a few of the vocal supports (East that is), were clearly getting a little more nervous the longer the game went. I am very impressed with Lawson Creighton, over the past few games, he has grown substantially and if free of injury will be quite a talent (as has young Wilson). He's away this week so I think Souths will have the muscle at home. In the Doughty Shield I think it won't be that close, and I'm predicting a Brothers win on the day, probably 6 to 3. However, in the main game it will be Souths by 10.
Bond v Easts
Well I think this will be the closest game of the round. Bond continue to chip away and have some good cohesion, lead by the #8, who has been playing very well to date. Some good young talent in the backs as well; they love to run. Easts have shown enough to get the job done, but have been somewhat unlucky. A battle of the forwards? or some good running rugby? Can Easts travel? Who knows, we will find out. For mine Bond must be gaining some confidence and the loss to Jeeps (my standard) was just a loss, so I think Bond by 4.
Doughty Shield prediction for the week.
I think Brothers will increase their lead for the shield this week. Think that Wests will push ahead with their victories. The Bank will just win the day against the Heavies (with most of the victories in the higher grades) and a 2 -all draw for Bond and Easts.
So the Brethren will extend their lead, but watch those sneaky Bulldogs this week!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
O'k, after my disastrous 1 from 4, yes that's right 25%, last week performance it's only gotta get better right?? Well lets see if that will happen. At least I did better in the Doughty Shield prediction, for whatever that's worth!?
Watched all the games on the weekend and for mine still Jeeps and The Bank are the forerunners, followed by Souths (with a little distance behind the other two). Was disappointed in Norths performance and to a lesser degree in Brothers (at least they came back to make a better match of it, after the horse had bolted ofc).
Wests v Norths
Well I thought Norths lacked a fair bit last week, and whilst I thought some of the calls were a bit harsh on them they just didn't jell at all: in viscosity terms they were almost watery! I think Wests at home after their "spell' will do it easily. The Doughty Shield won't be close either with Wests winning the day probably by 6 to 2, pushing Wests higher in the ranking for the week. Wests by 12.
The Bank v The Heavies
Well the jet-setters didn't really make that much difference and to be quite honest I thought The Heavies were more cohesive against Brothers. That said Bond had a good win even though it was by a point. Not much respite for the Heavies this week as The Bank (although I thought the score flattered them a little), got the job done against Jeeps last week. The Bank are in form and should put the students back into the library this week. The Bank by 10.
Souths v The Brethren
Whilst a lot of you got a little chubby over Souths performance last week, and the Quade goggles just increased their focal point, you must remember that the cellar dwellers (Norths) put 26, yes 26 points on them. Good win by Souths, but its not touch guys! Brothers got it so wrong by letting Easts put 20 odd points on them fairly easily. At least they came back and a few of the vocal supports (East that is), were clearly getting a little more nervous the longer the game went. I am very impressed with Lawson Creighton, over the past few games, he has grown substantially and if free of injury will be quite a talent (as has young Wilson). He's away this week so I think Souths will have the muscle at home. In the Doughty Shield I think it won't be that close, and I'm predicting a Brothers win on the day, probably 6 to 3. However, in the main game it will be Souths by 10.
Bond v Easts
Well I think this will be the closest game of the round. Bond continue to chip away and have some good cohesion, lead by the #8, who has been playing very well to date. Some good young talent in the backs as well; they love to run. Easts have shown enough to get the job done, but have been somewhat unlucky. A battle of the forwards? or some good running rugby? Can Easts travel? Who knows, we will find out. For mine Bond must be gaining some confidence and the loss to Jeeps (my standard) was just a loss, so I think Bond by 4.
I think Brothers will increase their lead for the shield this week. Think that Wests will push ahead with their victories. The Bank will just win the day against the Heavies (with most of the victories in the higher grades) and a 2 -all draw for Bond and Easts.
So the Brethren will extend their lead, but watch those sneaky Bulldogs this week!
Wests v Norths
The Bank v The Heavies
Souths v The Brethren
Bond v Easts

Hope you didn’t have money on those tips - well done Norths you ensured plenty of humble pie being eaten tonight

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well done Norths - only consolation is that we aren't bottom of table - Bros are - when was the last time they were in that position on the ladder?

Eagleforlife

Bob McCowan (2)
Is this not the biggest crock, cheque must be in the mail
02F2B5C5-EE17-44D2-A1FA-FFD9A6597F09.jpeg

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
QPR table after 4 rounds

Souths* 13
Uni 11
Snbk 10
GPS* 9
Easts 9
Bond* 6
Norths* 6
Wests 6
Bros 5

* bye

Wests may well rue today's result at season's end but good luck to Norths that's footy.

A week's a long time in footy - so back to the drawing board for the Bulldogs.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
QPR table after 4 rounds

Souths* 13
Uni 11
Snbk 10
GPS* 9
Easts 9
Bond* 6
Norths* 6
Wests 6
Bros 5

* bye

Wests may well rue today's result at season's end but good luck to Norths that's footy.

A week's a long time in footy - so back to the drawing board for the Bulldogs.
Your Colts boys seem to be travelling ok so far.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just watched the game of the round - Bond v Easts. (Barracking for Tigers)

What is this horseshit of kicking away possession in the last 60s when you are way in front. Hold the f'ing pill till time, then put it out. Sheesh. We deal with that stuff in Soup, surely no need to repeat it in QPR.

Still, Scott Gale sets the scrum half standard in QPR, reckon Tigers are doing OK with Hunt. Quade sets the standard for flyhalf, reckon we do OK with Tibbets.

Loved the connection between Ready and Gunn in the first half. Missed what happened, why wasn't Gunn on the field in the second half?

Congrats to the commentator team, enjoyed your work. And great work to the Reds - keep streaming.

Great work Bull Sharks, love your new digs. Really glad I could join you from afar.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
That try after the bell cost the Tigers a bonus point too!!!

As for Gunn - I think you'll find that with him returning from injury the Reds medical staff would have said he could only play 40 minutes.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That try after the bell cost the Tigers a bonus point too!!!

As for Gunn - I think you'll find that with him returning from injury the Reds medical staff would have said he could only play 40 minutes.

There we go, an answer there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.