• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just two points to make.
Feao Fotuaiki plays for Souths not Sunnybank.
Jack Farrell was one of the best backrowers going around until his suspension. He is back this week for the Magpies.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I rate Jack Farrell.Who are we dropping out for him?

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Just was expecting him to add punch and strike but he's almost so big he can't get around the field effectively enough

6'6" and 126kg can do that to you, especially if its not "fit" weight. Certainly hasn't been as affective as past seasons with Norths that got him a gig in France. Hopefully they close out the season with a bang on your old dogs day!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Just was expecting him to add punch and strike but he's almost so big he can't get around the field effectively enough

Rob Puliuvea is a world beater with ball in hand and running. Constantly breaking tackles and making big runs.

Defense and lack of angry mongrel letting him down. There was a game he was dropped to reserve grade this year but he did get his job back in the top team.

Also I don’t know if I agree with you getwithme about Byron Hutchinson. I think he will get a NRC gig.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting to see Ed O'Donoghue on the Shark Tank this evening with his "healthy" ice-cream business.

I am sure it will be on offer at Wests in the not too distant future!!

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
What's everyone's tips for this weekends games? Finals have come early with the top four all playing each other one week before the actual finals kick off.
Souths v UQ - UQ by 12 - Will be a very exciting game with a lot of free flowing footy and probably a few points being scored from both sides. Looks like UQ have hit their straps at the right end of the season once again.
GPS v Easts - GPS by 9 - Going to be a massive day at Yoku. Superhero day and us trying to grab that top two spot. Easts have been really strong this season with no real weak links across the park. Throw in Liam Wright and our job just got a little harder. Having Gormo back is a real bonus for our set piece. I'd expect the battle of the backrow to be a real highlight. Us in a real tight affair.
Wests v Brothers - Brothers by 20 Wests are playing without any passion or commitment at the moment. The club must be really disappointed with how this season has panned out. Expectation would have been high of playing finals again after last years efforts.
Norths v Bond - Bond by 30 - Norths will not back up after last week's win over Brothers, far too inconsistent to win two on the trot. Bond must be really hurting on just missing out on a finals spot. They will run rampant at Shaw Rd and I'd expect Bond to score 50 plus points.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
It is going to be interesting to see how many Reds turn out for their clubs this weekend. That could well have an impact on predictions and outcomes.

Great that Duncan P has run out for Norths over the last two rounds.

Moses Sorovi really brought some effort into the Bulldogs when he was injected into the game last Saturday but he left the field with an injury hopefully he'll be right to go against Brothers - mind you Liam Dillon has been very consistent throughout 2018.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
It is going to be interesting to see how many Reds turn out for their clubs this weekend. That could well have an impact on predictions and outcomes.

Great that Duncan P has run out for Norths over the last two rounds.

Moses Sorovi really brought some effort into the Bulldogs when he was injected into the game last Saturday but he left the field with an injury hopefully he'll be right to go against Brothers - mind you Liam Dillon has been very consistent throughout 2018.

A few players who would have possibly turned out are in an extended Wallabies squad in Sydney...... for better or worse......

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah I saw that. I'd like to think they will be allowed to come home and play rugby for their clubs. Would be ridiculous if they didn't

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
yeah I saw that. I'd like to think they will be allowed to come home and play rugby for their clubs. Would be ridiculous if they didn't

I fully agree Reg but I think, reading between the lines, they said they's be there till the squad was trimmed. Shooting grassroots in the foot again if it's the case.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the guys who aren't in line for a test spot will be sent back to clubland this weekend.

Remember the Waratahs aren't in camp yet due to S15 finals.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
I fully agree Reg but I think, reading between the lines, they said they's be there till the squad was trimmed. Shooting grassroots in the foot again if it's the case.
Grass roots rugby in premier is going great. Really enjoyable season and close finals await. Good for the guys who have been doing it all year to hold spots. Good opportunity for those other reds lads to be part of the Wallabies set up.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I heard on the radio (Station 882) today that the Wallabies (less the Waratahs) are having a possibles v probables game at Leichardt Oval next Friday 3 August - so you can count out any members of the current train-on squad running around in QPR this weekend and next.

Mind you some of them would be eager to run out in the Major or Minor semis on Sunday 5 August.

It seems ridiculous that guys who are really there just as training fodder don't get to participate in finals footy at club level.

I wonder whether they will ask Quade & Karmichael to participate in the Wallaby trial to earn some of their RA$$?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
It’s more than just current training squad.

It’s the current squad v a best of super rugby.

Absolutely and with no Waratahs and other certainties who will be rested - that means a lot of super rugby player not currently in the squad who will be called upon for a glorified training run - if Cheicka doesn't know who the best 30 players in Australia are by now we have no hope getting the Bledisloe back.

There was a day when the Wallaby coach (I.e. Bob Dwyer, Alan Jones, Robbie Deans) would fly up from Sydney to watch the Brisbane club finals matches - I know the world was simpler then....... But we also won the Bledisloe/Grand Slams/ RWC with some of them at the helm.

Sometimes simple is best or even KISS.

Jizztini

Frank Row (1)
South's 14-31 Uni. South's lost almost every lineout in what was a poor performance. Is this the same forwards as the start of the season?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
South's 14-31 Uni. South's lost almost every lineout in what was a poor performance. Is this the same forwards as the start of the season?

Lineout was poor, scrum was a mixed bag of dominance & dominated. Really missing lock Matt Benetts I think. QC (Quade Cooper) dominated by Dalgiesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.