• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Finals series player eligibility

‘Management Committee requirements for players to be eligible to participate in the finals.

(I) A player must have been properly registered with the club no later than six (6) weeks prior to the commencement of the finals. This specifically and strictly applies to Contracted Players. This includes being registered on Rugby Link in that year of competition.’

My understanding is that he’s currently contracted but based on the rule above he’s ineligible for finals

This was TJP on 6 July 2018

This is clearly the hurdle that South's need to overcome if they are to be successful with either appeal - the "real" news is that neither players was registered with Souths 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the finals.

In Paice 's case only 3/4 weeks and Karmichael 4/5 weeks just before Bond v Souths in Round 15.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
From 7 July 2018

Only comment on Mr Hunt is that he's paid his penance for poor choices. No-one was hurt other than himself. Souths and Quades intentions are noble in helping a human being through a tough period.

If you seek you'll find it's naught to do with finals football and no-one else is missing an opportunity.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but Penguin was it really naught to do with finals and all about player welfare?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Really Penguin - is this factual or is this fake news?

All media on the subject has stated as such mate. What else does a punter have to go off? If you've got some insider providing you insight otherwise, well bully for you. But jeez you've got a huge bloody chip on your shoulders all things regarding Souths. Something scar you from the nest when you were a pup? A nesting magpie take out an eye?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but Penguin was it really naught to do with finals and all about player welfare?

Fully stand by the statement from what I know on the subject. Did K stir up that magpie when you were a pup?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Penguin - sorry to offend you and your club (which I don't think I have) but mate the rule is pretty black and white:

Management Committee requirements for players to be eligible to participate in the finals.

(I) A player must have been properly registered with the club no later than six (6) weeks prior to the commencement of the finals. This specifically and strictly applies to Contracted Players. This includes being registered on Rugby Link in that year of competition.’

Or is there another set of rules for Souths and these ones just apply to the other clubs?

I just don't understand what grounds Souths have to lodge the applications let alone the appeals - just frivolous and vexatious in my opinion.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Penguin - sorry to offend you and your club (which I don't think I have) but mate the rule is pretty black and white:

Management Committee requirements for players to be eligible to participate in the finals.

Or is there another set of rules for Souths and these ones just apply to the other clubs?

I just don't understand what grounds Souths have to lodge the applications let alone the appeals - just frivolous and vexatious in my opinion.

You've been asked but neatly sidestepped on a couple of occasions,. How is this different from Wests attempting to get a clearance for Chisholm in last years finals series? Your persistence and avoidance smacks of hypocrisy. It's a shame, I reckon you're a valuable poster in this forum otherwise. Cheers

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)

Sorry Bulldog I don't know what you beef is with Souths but I get it we all have clubs we don't like while your additions to this thread are usually insightful and have a bit of merit on this occasion I declare your a

Sorry Mate Keyboard Warrior Image did not come through Bloody irony is lost on the internet

Hunt has not been able to play for another club and Norths did not give him a go so what was he supposed to do. Paice is a club stalwart. personally I am OK with Hunt not being allowed to play and Paice should be he is a Souths Junior who went overseas and had a very successful career (London Irish 250 Games ) and has come back and is willing to give back. This is hardly parachuting a professional player in and the way Australian Rugby is at the moment we could all use all the help we can get.

PS yes I am a Souths Supporter

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Fully stand by the statement from what I know on the subject. Did K stir up that magpie when you were a pup?

K was given a second chance by Rugby Union, after he had played league then union then league then AFL. I’m sure you get it !!

Records show he was charged with dealing cocaine (not using) twice - got dismissed second time around mmm none of us believe it right - exceptSouths supporters right because now you want to - never heard from you before you signed him up after Norths made the hard choice.

I drove past his house in January this year and the media were there, one of my rugby loving kids asked why the media were there? They idolised the bloke - someone else’s kids said he was caught sniffing the sideline again- we tried to say no he has changed his ways but the press told us the story when we stopped to say leave his family alone. He got off, Souths and Qualde have forgiven him (I am a massive Quade fan and former Karmichael fan) but sorry he erred again we all know it and his family has paid the price. Magpie you guys are selling yourselves short on this run he blew it, literally.

He let down his family, mine and many others - seriously give it up mate the guy needs help, if he has had changed put back into the community like QC (Quade Cooper) does but does but from where I sit KH is all take and no give.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
K was given a second chance by Rugby Union, after he had played league then union then league then AFL. I’m sure you get it !!

Records show he was charged with dealing cocaine (not using) twice - got dismissed second time around mmm none of us believe it right - exceptSouths supporters right because now you want to - never heard from you before you signed him up after Norths made the hard choice.

I drove past his house in January this year and the media were there, one of my rugby loving kids asked why the media were there? They idolised the bloke - someone else’s kids said he was caught sniffing the sideline again- we tried to say no he has changed his ways but the press told us the story when we stopped to say leave his family alone. He got off, Souths and Qualde have forgiven him (I am a massive Quade fan and former Karmichael fan) but sorry he erred again we all know it and his family has paid the price. Magpie you guys are selling yourselves short on this run he blew it, literally.

He let down his family, mine and many others - seriously give it up mate the guy needs help, if he has had changed put back into the community like QC (Quade Cooper) does but does but from where I sit KH is all take and no give.

The self righteousness is strong here. 1st and foremost he's never been found guilty of any wrongdoing. Personally I couldn't care less what any player does in their spare time as long as they aren't hurting anyone else it's no ones business except him and his family.

Funny, Chieka also appears to agree.

Good on Norths for taking the stand they think is morally right. But don't judge others if they don't happen to agree.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sorry Bulldog I don't know what you beef is with Souths but I get it we all have clubs we don't like while your additions to this thread are usually insightful and have a bit of merit on this occasion I declare your a

Sorry Mate Keyboard Warrior Image did not come through Bloody irony is lost on the internet

Hunt has not been able to play for another club and Norths did not give him a go so what was he supposed to do. Paice is a club stalwart. personally I am OK with Hunt not being allowed to play and Paice should be he is a Souths Junior who went overseas and had a very successful career (London Irish 250 Games ) and has come back and is willing to give back. This is hardly parachuting a professional player in and the way Australian Rugby is at the moment we could all use all the help we can get.

PS yes I am a Souths Supporter
Paice is a top bloke & one of the first you’d have a beer with but a club stalwart he is not! He’s had a fantastic overseas career & I looks forward to him contributing to Souths all year next year. There’s no disputing he played Juniors at Souths & a season of Colts in 2002 but he’s he’s been called in to cover a spot for an old school mate in ET.Regardless,he received dispensation so the QRU have made up their minds.

As for Karmichael,he wasn’t registered in time,it’s as simple as that.If Souths (or any club were smart about it) they should’ve reached out to him ages ago.The QRU have rightly dismissed his appeal & his only involvement in finals will be carrying water bottles.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
This is such a crap conversation. We are about to engage in semi finals and all you guys talk about is Quade and now kh...again!!!!

Sounds to me that Souths are pretty keen or desperate to win a gf? By the rules stated above (& a number of times), the powers to be should not allow them to play. Ofc Souths have a right to appeal, but the rules should stand. But who knows what will be done behind closed doors. Either way maybe we should be discussing why Souths should or shouldn’t win and maybe other teams prospects; oh but no this crap again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
For mine I don’t think Souths will win the grand final. Don’t think they have the skills in the forwards and are very inconsistent in the backs. UQ are hot favourites, followed by Jeeps.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is such a crap conversation. We are about to engage in semi finals and all you guys talk about is Quade and now kh.again!!!!

Sounds to me that Souths are pretty keen or desperate to win a gf? By the rules stated above (& a number of times), the powers to be should not allow them to play. Ofc Souths have a right to appeal, but the rules should stand. But who knows what will be done behind closed doors. Either way maybe we should be discussing why Souths should or shouldn’t win and maybe other teams prospects; oh but no this crap again!

We can move on now Sage 2.The decisions are made.

I hope Easts & Uni get up this week but I suspect Souths will beat Easts & I’m sitting on the fence for the major semi

Reactions: vac

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
The self righteousness is strong here. 1st and foremost he's never been found guilty of any wrongdoing. Personally I couldn't care less what any player does in their spare time as long as they aren't hurting anyone else it's no ones business except him and his family.

Funny, Chieka also appears to agree.

Good on Norths for taking the stand they think is morally right. But don't judge others if they don't happen to agree.

Funny, Chiekas got such a great track record - great at sending quality players offshore

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any bold calls for Alec Evans Medalist?
I’ll throw my Top 5 out there:
1.Harry Nucifora (Bond)
2.Tai Ford (Bond)
3.Michael Richards (GPS)
4.Wyatt Setu (UQ)
5.Harry Wilson (Brothers)

My understanding is the refs vote on it so it would need to be players that played most of the season & certainly doesn’t have to be from a Top 4 Team.Michael Gunn won it last year.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
For mine I don’t think Souths will win the grand final. Don’t think they have the skills in the forwards and are very inconsistent in the backs. UQ are hot favourites, followed by Jeeps.

UQ have to be favourites, just as they have been last 4 or 5 years. They seem to find a way to fall short at the last hurdle a lot though.
Souths could win on the day but they have been far too inconsistent all year to put three wins in a row at the pointy end I think..... even if they did get the player dispensations, (which I think they should not btw) They will account for Easts this weekend though.
GPS v Uni GF is my tip. The winner will be whoever turns up on the day.

Reactions: vac

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
UQ have to be favourites, just as they have been last 4 or 5 years. They seem to find a way to fall short at the last hurdle a lot though.
Souths could win on the day but they have been far too inconsistent all year to put three wins in a row at the pointy end I think... even if they did get the player dispensations, (which I think they should not btw) They will account for Easts this weekend though.
GPS v Uni GF is my tip. The winner will be whoever turns up on the day.
Winning 4 out their 5 Grand Final appearances under Heenan is a pretty handy record!

Status
Not open for further replies.