• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Excellent day and night down at Yoku yesterday. Great to see so many happy faces and a few tears of joy. We didn't run out of beer like back in 1996 but we gave it a good shake. Awesome to see Freenes, Gormo and Kingy finally win it after so long. Magical night. Mad Monday is also going along very nicely. A few retirements also with Freeney hanging up the boots and King and Gorman probably not too far off.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Excellent day and night down at Yoku yesterday. Great to see so many happy faces and a few tears of joy. We didn't run out of beer like back in 1996 but we gave it a good shake. Awesome to see Freenes, Gormo and Kingy finally win it after so long. Magical night. Mad Monday is also going along very nicely. A few retirements also with Freeney hanging up the boots and King and Gorman probably not too far off.

love it

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well done to the Gallopers.

Good things happen for good people and Anthony Mathison is a good coach and person.

Michael Richards was very impressive post match also.

One wonders how long the party will go on at Yoku.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
A huge congratulations to GPS played the smart game - halves dominated Uni.

Tuttle (much like his GPS predecessor Frisby) is a very good footballer but does he have it or will he get another chance at the Reds.

I would like to see Tuttle @ 9 and (bring back) Mack Mason @ 10 for the Reds.

Whilst you are at it bring back Brad Wilkin also.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
18 Fearless Predictions for 2018:

*After my poor judgement in 2017, let’s see how my predictions stack up in 2018*

1. GPS to win the 2018 Hospital Cup
2. Souths to return to the winners circle and push for a top 4 spot under the return of Brett Picone
3. Wests to continue their rise in form with 2nd/3rd place finish
4. Nick Frisby to win Alec Evans Medal
5. Brothers to win Premier Colts
6. Wests to bare the fruits of their successful colts side and win Reserve Grade
7. Norths to go undefeated in first 3 rounds before wheels start falling off
8. Australian Schoolboy Jordan Petaia to light up Premier grade (if not in 20s)
9. More Reds contracted players in every round then every before under the influence of Brad Thorn
10. NRC U/19 to take effect at the end of the year
11. Bond to move off the bottom of the ladder under the guidance of Adrian Thompson and Rob Seib
12. Logan to again be denied entry into Premier Grade for 2019
13. One game a week to be broadcast on free to air TV
14. Changing of the guard at GPS with Troy Simkin to upset Ryan Freney for the Hooker spot
15. Paddy James (Brothers) to play at least 1 game of Super Rugby
16. James Dalgleish (UQ) Leading Point Scorer
17. Junior Laloifi (Sunnybank) Leading Try scorer
18. AJ Alatimu to pick up professional Contract (if he hasn’t already)

Let me know your thoughts. Some predictions not so Fearless, others down right ridiculous. Bring on 2018 QPR

I reckon you got about 50%. Pretty good considering the January date stamp of your post. Looking forward to your 2019 predictions.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Some of these would already be known but I think/know there will be new coaches for Bros, GPS, Souths, Norths & Wests in 2019.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apparently (this is what I have heard):

Foggerty (Norths) - going to USA college rugby;
Mathison (GPS) - going to Japan/Hong Kong;
Marshall (Bros)- they have advertised the Bros Prem job;
Souths - heard things weren't overly hospitable between the coaches at season's end;
Byron (Wests) - I just thought Pat might be moving on.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Byron is staying at West has been reappointed. Will be confirmed in the next week or so.
Mathison is moving overseas to coach. Jeeps have just advertised for all positions for 2019 including Prems.
Marshall is gone. Brothers have short listed and will announce early next week.
ET & Buzz no decision has been made at present for 2019. Have heard it wasn't happy families at the nest, very strained relationship.
Foggerty no decision atm. Norths have advertised for all positions including Prems for 2019. I've heard that one if not both Prems coaches are moving on in 2019.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Byron is staying at West has been reappointed. Will be confirmed in the next week or so.
Mathison is moving overseas to coach. Jeeps have just advertised for all positions for 2019 including Prems.
Marshall is gone. Brothers have short listed and will announce early next week.
ET & Buzz no decision has been made at present for 2019. Have heard it wasn't happy families at the nest, very strained relationship.
Foggerty no decision atm. Norths have advertised for all positions including Prems for 2019. I've heard that one if not both Prems coaches are moving on in 2019.

Byron great call. Helps Wests continue their bottom up colts approach with his link to BSHS and teaching

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Been hearing a lot lately about the New South Wales run NRC Pasifika Comp and can’t help but think the QRU could and should jump on board and do the same. The King of Pacific comp is already well and truely established and by adding in a Brisbane team of those players who missed out on NRC selection to play in. The NSW equivalent features Sydney, NSW Fiji, NSW Tonga, NSW Samoa.

I think this idea would give the King of Pacific even more prestige which it has probably list since the inception of NRC. Just my idea anyway

You could look at a Brisbane team of (Some of these have probably been called into NRC squads, and I would look to keep anyone with pacific Islander heritage for their respective counteies team)

1. Will Slipper (Bond)
2. Ryan Freney (GPS)
3. Garrath Ryan (Brothers)
4. Matt Bennetts (Souths)
5. Mitch King (GPS)
6. Michael Richards (GPS)
7. Jack Farrell (Souths)
8. Luke Beauchamp (Brothers)
9. Liam Dillon (Wests)
10. Jack Frampton (Easts)
11. Jordan Luke (Norths)
12. Corbin Kiernan (Bond)
13. Landon Hayes (Easts)
14. Hayden Sargeant (Bond)
15. Byron Hutchinson (Wests)
RESERVES
16. Bart Richie (Wests)
17. Campbell Wakely (Uni)
18. Hamish Richardson (Uni)
19. Tyrell Barker (Easts)
20. Connor Anderson (Wests)
21. Angus Fowler (Brothers)
22. Fred Dorrough (Sunnybank)
23. Nick Chapman (Norths)

Let me know your thoughts (Very bored on the night shift if you can’t already tell)

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
Been hearing a lot lately about the New South Wales run NRC Pasifika Comp and can’t help but think the QRU could and should jump on board and do the same. The King of Pacific comp is already well and truely established and by adding in a Brisbane team of those players who missed out on NRC selection to play in. The NSW equivalent features Sydney, NSW Fiji, NSW Tonga, NSW Samoa.

I think this idea would give the King of Pacific even more prestige which it has probably list since the inception of NRC. Just my idea anyway

You could look at a Brisbane team of (Some of these have probably been called into NRC squads, and I would look to keep anyone with pacific Islander heritage for their respective counteies team)

1. Will Slipper (Bond)
2. Ryan Freney (GPS)
3. Garrath Ryan (Brothers)
4. Matt Bennetts (Souths)
5. Mitch King (GPS)
6. Michael Richards (GPS)
7. Jack Farrell (Souths)
8. Luke Beauchamp (Brothers)
9. Liam Dillon (Wests)
10. Jack Frampton (Easts)
11. Jordan Luke (Norths)
12. Corbin Kiernan (Bond)
13. Landon Hayes (Easts)
14. Hayden Sargeant (Bond)
15. Byron Hutchinson (Wests)
RESERVES
16. Bart Richie (Wests)
17. Campbell Wakely (Uni)
18. Hamish Richardson (Uni)
19. Tyrell Barker (Easts)
20. Connor Anderson (Wests)
21. Angus Fowler (Brothers)
22. Fred Dorrough (Sunnybank)
23. Nick Chapman (Norths)

Let me know your thoughts (Very bored on the night shift if you can’t already tell)

Good idea and team but they would destroy KQ as most of the KQ teams are pulled from all senior grades (even subbies) not just 1st grade.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Good idea and team but they would destroy KQ as most of the KQ teams are pulled from all senior grades (even subbies) not just 1st grade.

Speaking of Subbies - not the right Forum - however if anyone saw the Div 1 Final at 330pm last Saturday at Ballymore.

Was a ripper of a game between Wynnum & Caboolture (which Wynnum managed too win in the dying minutes)

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
I am a East supporter and maybe seen to be biased, but Brayden Schiller had a great year in the front row.

His set piece work and work rate over the pitch couldn't be faulted.

The only problem he had was a front row which were need/not needed week in and week out by the Reds.

When he started he was an 80 minute player and when he came off the bench, nothing was lost.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I am a East supporter and maybe seen to be biased, but Brayden Schiller had a great year in the front row.

His set piece work and work rate over the pitch couldn't be faulted.

The only problem he had was a front row which were need/not needed week in and week out by the Reds.

When he started he was an 80 minute player and when he came off the bench, nothing was lost.

Very quality player. If he wants some minutes I'm sure my guys would love to talk to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.