• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Pretty sure Timu's hearing is next week. Theres no video evidence of the punches. May save him a week or 2.

Why were they sent off then? Maybe an assistant referee saw it? If so how would that make any difference? No idea if they did however would be interested if verbal evidence is same video?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I am not by any stretch a Norths fan but was imprerssed with their work last year. I would agree they will be a lot better than what was served up saturday.

Add Taupou and Maafu to 7 and prop, Luke Jordan & McGahan to the backline and things start looking better instantly.

Not to mention you have some seasoned campaigners in reggies who could see themselves moving up.

However without Hewitt they have lost most their attacking punch in the forwards.

FInally is it just me or were there some monster packs getting around on the weekend? The size of the 'park' footy player compared to 5 years ago is completely different.

Plus Tony Hunt as well will help

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I also thought that the hearing isn't until next week

Why would they wait a week? It's unheard of and rather absurd if true, bush league stuff.
In the official program on the QRU site it states he's unavailable for selection this week due to suspension.
Doesn't state how long though. I read somewhere on these threads by a poster in the know that he got one week.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It’s a QPR rule as far as I’m aware, it won’t be heard until the following Monday meaning a 1 week ban minimum.I think it’s a legacy of needing the time to get the evidence together and arranging for the individuals to be present. It is after all still an ‘amateur’ comp

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
It’s a QPR rule as far as I’m aware, it won’t be heard until the following Monday meaning a 1 week ban minimum.I think it’s a legacy of needing the time to get the evidence together and arranging for the individuals to be present. It is after all still an ‘amateur’ comp

Yet they did it better in the amateur days. Happy to be proven wrong, but I believe we'll see him back next week, given the information I've seen.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The send off - red card - judiciary process has been the same for about a decade.

If you get a red card you are automatically suspended for the next round and the judicial hearing is set down for the following Monday (I.e. 9 days after the card being issued).

In this case they will both face the judiciary on Monday night at which time it will be determined whether any further suspension is warranted.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
After two rounds I'd say that Bond, Brothers & Bulldogs will be feeling pretty proud of their efforts to date. The Tigers will also be happy to sneak away with the chocolates over GPS yesterday. I think GPS might be suffering from a hang over given their recent success - Hospital Cup & ACC.

It is going to be a great QPR season in 2019 as we have 7 highly competitive teams jockeying for 4 finals spots. I am not prepared to say at this stage that Norths won't damage some sides top 4 chances with an upset or two either.

I think anyone can win on any given day.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
The send off - red card - judiciary process has been the same for about a decade.

If you get a red card you are automatically suspended for the next round and the judicial hearing is set down for the following Monday (I.e. 9 days after the card being issued).

In this case they will both face the judiciary on Monday night at which time it will be determined whether any further suspension is warranted.

Thanks for that clarification. I stand corrected.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So 2 weeks in, every team has played. Who’s everyone’s favourite new recruit to the QPR Team you support?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tough week of tipping this round, I managed 1.

Best tipper of the week is Beer Baron who tipped 3/4

No one tipped Easts

New leaders on 6 points are

Beer Baron and Jeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.