• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
It's been a tough 10 or so months for the Snbk club - got to feel for them.

Let's hope that their stint at the bottom of the table is not a sustained one, but rugby/sport does tend to be cyclical - you can't always be at the top but it's not nice being down the bottom either.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I wonder who will take over. I'm a big fan of Eddie Kepa but he's doing great things with the Colts, maybe a fill in and let him take over next year.

Also heard they are on the lookout for a new GM for the club.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
When I was a little fella, I had Eddie Kepa as a representative coach. Still remember him profoundly. Spoke well and gave clear instructions. Good coach.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Incase anyone missed it

61775448_2382225055174607_682628817692393472_n.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wests v Norths, Sci-Fleet Stadium, 3:20pm – Match of the Round

Wests: Immanuel Naciva, Bart Ritchie, Jake Newell, Rob Puliuvea, Will Dearden, Jerry Lynch (c), Connor Anderson, Emmanuel Maliko, Moses Sorovi, Carter Gordon, Callum Hicks, Isaac Henry, Hunter Paisami, Liam Moseley, Cooper Whiteside
Coach: Pat Byron

Norths: Jacob Pinkney, Cody Blachhurst (c), Dane Zander, Michael Jones, Josaia Droka, Niko Driu, Michael Leary, Apisai Naiyabo, Liam Prendergast, Nick Chapman, Chris Wellington, Tony Hunt, Conor Chittenden, Kegan Tuhega, Jordan Luke
Coach: Luke Oxford

Bond University v Brothers, Bond University RFC, 3:20pm

Bond University: Andrew Petelo, Nick Turner, Will Slipper, Matt Dalton, Kieran Van Brecht, Dylan Rowe, Connor Pritchard, Luke Papworth, Harry Nucifora (c), Justin Bernstein, Jordan Hughes, Ryan Menzies, Dan Boardman, Max Dowd, Joey Fittock
Coach: Grant Anderson

Brothers: Tom Moloney (c), Matt Faessler, Garrath Ryan, Brad Kapa, Ryan Smith, Jeremy Skelton, Noah Nielsen, Rhys Martin, Reuben Wall, Rohan Saifoloi, Byron Ralston, Patrick James, Seb Wileman, George Patridge, Sam Hyne
Coach: Rod Seib

Easts v University of Queensland, David Wilson Field, 3:30pm – Ladies Day

Easts: Braden Schiller, Sam Richards, Carter Ozanne, Jale Vakaloloma, Filimoni Seruvatu, Aidan Leeming, Tom Milosevic (c), Seru Uru, Phoenix Hunt, Eli Pilz, Liam Matenga, Jack Frampton, Landon Hayes, Max Baker, Preston Springhall
Coach: Moses Rauluni

University of Queensland: Pat Fepuleai, Tom Mellor, Kris Nielsen, Dom Power, Matthew McCormick, Fergus Lillicrap, Gustav de Jager, Pat Morrey, Jacobus van Eeden, James Dalgleish (c), Braiden Oates, Brad Twidale, Kalala Meni, Clifton Setu, Alex Horan
Coach: Mick Heenan

Souths v Sunnybank, Chipsy Wood Oval, 3:20pm

Souths: Clinton Malolua, Sean Farrell, Jake Simeon, Tom Lane, Zac Munroe, Josateki Murray, Brad Kelegai, Harley Fox, Rodney Pita, Jake Strachan, Viliami Lea, Abele Atunaisa, Blake Kefu, Emori Waqavulagi, Jason Hofmeyr
Coach: Elia Tuqiri

Sunnybank: Lloyd Gorman, Eli Fakailoatonga, Daniel Anae, Fala Tuala, Longosai Ilangana, Tipene Mavoa, Joel Brown, Dillon Wihongi, Tui Nofoaiga, Tom Lucas, Liam McNamara, Larry Hermens, KJ Lam, Peter Lee, Hayden Sargeant
Coach: Evan Willis

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Interesting game at Easts today - great first half by the Tigers then they hardly fired for much of the 2nd half - UQ must have been given a great half time talk because they just came back and Easts were giving away a lot of penalties (and two yellows) in the 2nd half before finally Easts discovered what had worked well and got there in the end 27-17.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
And I think it is now down to 5 teams.

Losses yesterday to Bond, Uni & Norths mean that the wins that they have after 10 rounds are:
Bond 3;
Uni 3;
Norths 2;
Snbk 1.

If 10 wins (maybe 9) is the cut off for finals footy then I think you can put a line through these teams as it's just a bridge too far with 7 games remaining for each of them.

GPS(8 wins) & Bros(8) are a lock as 1&2;
This leaves 3rd & 4th as a race in 3 of Souths(6), Wests(5) & Easts(5).

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
And I think it is now down to 5 teams.

Losses yesterday to Bond, Uni & Norths mean that the wins that they have after 10 rounds are:
Bond 3;
Uni 3;
Norths 2;
Snbk 1.

If 10 wins (maybe 9) is the cut off for finals footy then I think you can put a line through these teams as it's just a bridge too far with 7 games remaining for each of them.

GPS(8 wins) & Bros(8) are a lock as 1&2;
This leaves 3rd & 4th as a race in 3 of Souths(6), Wests(5) & Easts(5).

Yes, a tight race for 3/4 place. Quite a few matches to go though but Souths seem pretty strong to me, being an Easts supporter I am worried about Wests.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Not ready to count out Uni.

In terms of Reds allocation they’ll be the strongest with the big guns returning to club rugby.

The next week or 2 will be critical for Uni chances. If they can string some wins together then ASY (Angus Scott-Young), McDermott, Hockings, Campbell and Korzcyk all return to heavys rank they could clearly run the table and qualify.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
SX Uni will be tough to beat when they get these troops back but it is probably 4 weeks away as the Reds have two rounds left and then the players have to have a week off.

Then they have to win every game and that includes having to take on Bros & GPS at full strength.

No one would like to have to front them in a semi but I think historically/statistically they are only one loss from missing finals footy.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Rugby Follower 30
Beer Baron 29
GirtbySea 28
Nomad 28
RAF 28
Happyman 27
Jets 27
Rugby Reg 27
Sage Too 27
Getwithme 26
Pick n drive 26
Southernx 26
Dark Shark 25
DB 25
Keeno 25
Hound 24
nmpc 24
Cam Goddard 23
Robbitybob 23
Hennaz 21
Paty305 18
new recruit_ brisbane 16
Beerad 14
eldiablo 13
jimmy.crouch 13
Phatmic 9
Lovemyclubfooty 8
East Coast Aces 6
Jeeper 6
manwithcaninhand 6
Shane T 6
David 4
heavy unit 4
Loveclubrugby 4
FigJam 3
J Cole 3
Magpie for me 3
Mr Grump 3
Stellies 3
Throbber 2
Bulldog 1

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Just got done reading an article on couriermail from Jim Tucker who said that Petaia isn’t that far off from joining the Doggies to play his way back into a wallabies jersey.

If thats true, its a potent backline coming in to the back end of the season and leading into finals!

9. LD / Moses
10. Carter Gordon
11. Filipo Daugunu
12. Isaac Henry
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Jordan Petaia
15. Cooper Whiteside

wow!

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Wests won’t even need their forwards. Ha.
With the strength of the Brothers and Jeeps forwards I still think they will have it over Wests in the final round with the Reds and U20 players back in the arena.

J

JeepsTragic

Wests won’t even need their forwards. Ha.

With the strength of the Brothers and Jeeps forwards I still think they will have it over Wests in the final round with the Reds and U20 players back in the arena.

I think you are right. You can have the best backline in the world but if you cant win the ball, they don't do you much good. I remember the jeeps backlines of the early 90's. When they got the ball they were electric but sadly didn't have the cattle up front in those days so were beaten more often than not. It wasn't until D'Arcy, the Cockbain brothers and Muppet arrived that we started to have some forward dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.