• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I never saw your original comment being super critical of the goal missing technique.

I actually like the thought logic though as a neutral fan supporting Wests but then changing the team you were going for simply cause it was great theatrics and good for the overrall Comp for QPR to deliver a result for the fans like that.

Yep you probably right mate, it all part of the theatre of the day, so it all good really. as I said the last couple of weeks I have enjoyed more than the Red's games at Suncorp this year. I really think we all should get into watching club games , and it fun if rugby good quality and you just swing between teams;):)

Does that make me a swinger?? At last huh?
Will have to miss this week as North/South game might take precedent.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Was also at the Wests/Brothers game and bloody enjoyed it. Wests never quite put them away. Great goal kicking display by both teams with 13/14.

If you know Wests, you would know immediately who Dan54 is talking about. Usual shit chat from half cut blokes. Mainly at the touchie (Rohan Hoffmann) and the female physio who seemed to miss Michael Wood getting knocked the f out.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Hoff does a great job with the referees - he doesn't deserve too much flack - but for a referee he has a pretty good sense of humour and a thick skin.

I’ve been thinking the last couple of weeks how much lack of experience I am seeing for premier grade in terms of referee selections (all the experienced ones must be doing gps school boy rugby)

But then premier colts match gets someone as experienced as Hoffman on weekend.

I’m sure he was down at the kennel to blood/inspect the next crop of whistleblowers. He is still a worthy name to be adjudicating a QPR match so was a little suprised to see him doing the premier colts match.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I’ve been thinking the last couple of weeks how much lack of experience I am seeing for premier grade in terms of referee selections (all the experienced ones must be doing gps school boy rugby)

But then premier colts match gets someone as experienced as Hoffman on weekend.

I’m sure he was down at the kennel to blood/inspect the next crop of whistleblowers. He is still a worthy name to be adjudicating a QPR match so was a little suprised to see him doing the premier colts match.

He was running the touch at Easts last week too. I have to say I am quite impressed with the level of reffing I seeing at clubland.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

He is the RA Match Officials Manager for QLD/NT (or was pre-covid).

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I thought I would see Reno Gerrard’s name popping up on the Souths team sheet this year. Has he been injured during the break or gone to another club?

Graham Welsh

Bob McCowan (2)
After hours of watching lasts weeks games here are my tips for this weekend:
West v Sunnybank- Wests at home will win- 10+
Easts v Norths- Easts are still in shock from last week but will scrap home 20+
GPS v Uni- GPS at home are tough GPS by 7
Souths v Bond- Bond not good travelers but will get up- 15+

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
RESULTS PLSE
C2997AC6-1AC5-4231-910D-D84065670C3D.jpeg

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
How to kill rugby for the rugby watching public #1 - blow a scrum penalty after the ball has been cleared from the scrum - GPS v Uni 81st minute. Ridiculous!!

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Good weekend of footy - just caught up with most of the games on YouTube. UQ looked good and deserved that win. Easts back to regular programming with a strong win to reassert themselves as competition faves.