• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Sam Wallis named at #8 for UQ this Sunday , with both ASY (Angus Scott-Young) and Nasser on the bench .

Any other clubs getting Reds players back this week ?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I see Wests have named Ilaisa Droasese at 13. Has he been in camp with the Reds? We haven't seen him play club this year have we yet?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping for this weekend is HERE

Current table is below, I'm back to reality next week so will post erlier.

Happyman 25
Jets 23
Red Heavy 22
Beerad 21
Nomad 21
Pick and drive 21
manwithcaninhand 20
Dru Spork 19
15manHagar 19
Cam G 18
SageToo 18
Paty305 17
Benson 14
NMPCART 14
Hound 13
Heavy Unit 13
Bluedog 8
Alexander 4
Jack 4
K 3
Tony 3
The Whisper 2
King 1

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Tipping for this weekend is HERE

Current table is below, I'm back to reality next week so will post erlier.

Thanks for your efforts with this Jets. A couple of tricky picks this weekend - Souths v Norths and Bond v GPS, not sure on either of those.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
So the live table ahead of Uni v Wests tomorrow is:

Easts 29 (F&A 89) - Rnd 11 v Bros(A)
GPS 28 (69) - Bye
Bros 27 (81) - Easts(H)
Uni 27 (78) - v Bond(A)
Bond 26 (32) - v Uni(H)

It is great that these sides face off against each other next week. It sucks, if you are GPS as they sit in the clubhouse just watching.

GPS will be cheering for Uni and Easts next week.

For Bond is this very familiar territory - so close yet so far. Their equation is simple beat Uni or hit the beaches.

Uni, Easts & Brothers control their own destinies.

I think Bond are gone, Uni will finish as minor premiers, and Easts/Bros are playing off for a major semi spot.

Having said all of that - a Wests win tomorrow would throw things open. If that was to happen then Easts & Bond with round 11 wins would face of in the major semi.

I know we are a little bias on this forum but the Hospital Cup is a great competition.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
So the live table ahead of Uni v Wests tomorrow is:

Easts 29 (F&A 89) - Rnd 11 v Bros(A)
GPS 28 (69) - Bye
Bros 27 (81) - Easts(H)
Uni 27 (78) - v Bond(A)
Bond 26 (32) - v Uni(H)

It is great that these sides face off against each other next week. It sucks, if you are GPS as they sit in the clubhouse just watching.

GPS will be cheering for Uni and Easts next week.

For Bond is this very familiar territory - so close yet so far. Their equation is simple beat Uni or hit the beaches.

Uni, Easts & Brothers control their own destinies.

I think Bond are gone, Uni will finish as minor premiers, and Easts/Bros are playing off for a major semi spot.

Having said all of that - a Wests win tomorrow would throw things open. If that was to happen then Easts & Bond with round 11 wins would face of in the major semi.

I know we are a little bias on this forum but the Hospital Cup is a great competition.
Why is the Uni v Wests game tomorrow? Surely it is not because the Reds exclusion bubble finishes at midnight tonight for club availability. Just sayin....

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Why is the Uni v Wests game tomorrow? Surely it is not because the Reds exclusion bubble finishes at midnight tonight for club availability. Just sayin..

Reason explained below but regardless Reds players played in the Saturday games so it wouldn’t have been this anyway.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Points Table after completion of round 10

Uni 32 (93) - v Bond(A)
Easts 29 (89) - v Bros(A)
GPS 28 (69) - Bye
Bros 27 (81) - Easts(H)
Bond 26 (32) - v Uni(H)

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Rugy Xplorer site show GPS on 29, which if correct alters the bonus point calculations a little.

That may well be the case - I may have short changed GPS win over Bond as a 4 point win when it should have been a 5 pointer.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What Reds players that didn't run out on Saturday are the top 5 expecting back this weekend.

Easts should get Seru Uru, but I don't know whether there are others who will be reporting for duty.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Must be bitter sweet for Brothers fans - I'm sure most expected McReight and Wilson to be involved with the Wallabies at some stage during their careers, but maybe not straight away. I definitely thought they would be returning to clubland for the Filth which would have put them in the box seat to knockoff Easts this weekend.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Brothers could possibly get back Hamish Stewart for this weekend and Ryan Smith.

Angus Blyth and Zane Nonggor are apparently keen to have a run with Bond next week .

Angus was at the UQ v Wests game , his Reds haircut is fading , but still pretty noticeable.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Nasser and Wallis seemed to enjoy the run on Sunday , not sure if Jock Campbell will be back next week.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Must be bitter sweet for Brothers fans - I'm sure most expected McReight and Wilson to be involved with the Wallabies at some stage during their careers, but maybe not straight away. I definitely thought they would be returning to clubland for the Filth which would have put them in the box seat to knockoff Easts this weekend.

That's why you have to make hay when the sun shines in QPR because you just never know how long you have your young talent before professional rugby comes knocking.

Yes that is unfortunate for Brothers but they'll get no sympathy from the other 8 clubs.

I am surprised that you don't see the Shute shield clubs come knocking and poach QPR players more often than happens now.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Back on QPR20 - Hospitals Cup

With only 9 round (I.e. 8 games) - you are going to need to win 5 games to be assured on making the final 4.

Any teams that starts 0 from 2 can nearly start packing up for 2021.

Just wanted to repost this - if Uni & Easts win this weekend that will mean that GPS, Bros & Bond all finish the season with FIVE wins.