• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Amazes me that Rebels have signed 8 x their U18 Academy players on Super Rugby contracts (love that they're local, ? on the age they're being signed) and the likes of Gicquel and Morrey couldn't get a look in down there when they trialed.

And the reason why they don’t have Super contracts is that despite the fact that are good/great club players there are better players in the Aust Super sides than them.

Classic example of Liam Gill’s limited Wallaby opportunities.

And the best club flanker for last 10 years arguably - Michael Gunn - a better player than these two yet he only got limited opportunities for the Reds primarily cameos off the bench.

Happens all the time because you can only play a limited number of players in a team.

And neither of them are an option at the lineout. Sometimes you need to have a few bows.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
And aren’t the Rebels doing exactly the same as Brad Thorn did 3/4 years ago. - get a good young group together and bring them through.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We didn’t get 18 year olds though. Wilson et al were all signed post Jnr WC I believe.

I’d suggest this was forced due to a lack of NRC.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
We didn’t get 18 year olds though. Wilson et al were all signed post Jnr WC I believe.

I’d suggest this was forced due to a lack of NRC.

I’d be sending those 8 Victorians to QPR or shute.

With the lack of NRC & u20 NRC how the heck do you develop these guys. I imagine the level of competition is a huge drop off from QPR/Shute shield colts to Victorian colts

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
And the best club flanker for last 10 years arguably - Michael Gunn - a better player than these two yet he only got limited opportunities for the Reds primarily cameos off the bench.

I would of selected Jeremiah Lynch as the best flanker of the last 10 years… but that’s just because I’m a one eyed bulldog fan.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Line ups for Wests v Easts as per Rugby Xplorer.

Uru and Pilz out for Easts , which are massive losses , but they do get back Van Nek.

Wests’ backline looks very threatening with Super Rugby players at 9,10,12,13 & 15.

Easts need to make it a forward battle!

31F4608B-EBE3-4164-AC42-D353A214BDA4.jpeg

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Is Mason Gordon still out from the concussion in the Brothers game?
Wests had a gun backline against Brothers and didn’t get the win. Easts will be physical up front. Asiata, Van Nek and Wright will have a bit to prove in this game.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
No idea about Mason, Roberts Rugby! He was instrumental in our win versus Easts last round. Hope he’s not out too long.

The player I’m looking forward to seeing again is Taine Roiri. I think he has cemented a jersey in premier grade after his starting debut last week. Some great carries for a guy his size.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Mason Gordon playing 15 for Colts 1. Their backline will keep the Tiger men honest.
Looks a good back line , bit of a younger brother-a-thon , with David Vaihu and Mason Gordon starting plus Conrad Skelton to come off the bench .

Is Matthew Nonu Paisami named at LHP any relation to Hunter?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Frank Lomani on the bench for the bulldogs

Was on the bench last week at Souths but the Magpies are on bye week.

Wonder what’s up with that?

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Frank Lomani on the bench for the bulldogs

Was on the bench last week at Souths but the Magpies are on bye week.

Wonder what’s up with that?

Needs to play some more rugby before trying to get to NZ to join the Fijian team on Saturday night/Sunday I believe. Same with Sorovi.
Pending the trans-tasman bubble re-opening that is, to QLD anyway.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
QPR weekly stating that Isaac Henry a late withdrawal for Wests due to a broken jaw. Glen Vaihu moves to 12, Droasese to 13 and Jono Kent to 15.

That’s bad luck for Henry , has had a very good year to date, that might be him done for the season.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Lots of Rebels at the Bulldogs. I hear there is going to be a very high profile Force forward about to join too.
How does Frank Lomani play for two different clubs in two weeks? Who is he likely to play for next week?

What’s the number of games you need to play finals if you are not a Reds’ player?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Good match at Sylvan Road today. Unfortunately the tigers got up but there was 3 lead changes in the last 10 minutes.

Is this a dent in the bulldogs road to the post season? I still think it’s achievable. Beat Sunnybank & Beat Bond & you hope that’s enough to qualify. Wests can also pick up wins against GPS/UQ but they’ll need to play a full 80.

Hopefully that Tigers team with newfound wind in their sails can take care of Brothers next week!