• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The Sunnybank front row were good last weekend, he'll be tested come scrum time.

With all these Super Rugby players from other franchises lining up for Wests , their 2nd Grade team should be coming home with a wet sail.;)

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I know it’s been mentioned previously, but is there a firm outcome on how many games a player needs to have played to be eligible for finals? It this the same for Qld and out of state players?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
From what I’ve read, players must play 6 games, either starting or off the bench. This doesn’t apply to Super Rugby players.

Unless the rules have changed since the last few years, it doesn't apply to players registered with the Reds, I thought Super Rugby players from other franchises must follow the standard 6 game rule, unless dispensation is allowed.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Unless the rules have changed since the last few years, it doesn't apply to players registered with the Reds, I thought Super Rugby players from other franchises must follow the standard 6 game rule, unless dispensation is allowed.

That is correct.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep , previously only signed Reds’ players have got exemptions from the minimum number of games required to play finals.

The only other avenue is an injury dispensation where you can prove injury prevented you from playing the minimum number of games required. Not sure how often that has been successful.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yep , previously only signed Reds’ players have got exemptions from the minimum number of games required to play finals.

The only other avenue is an injury dispensation where you can prove injury prevented you from playing the minimum number of games required. Not sure how often that has been successful.

Yep the few times I’ve seen an injury dispensation get up are usually a Premier Grade player gets injured early in the season, that clubs Prem team isnt going to make finals so they run him out for reggies a few times and then seek dispensation. I believe GPS tried this one year with a few injured Prems guys and their highest team in finals was 4th grade. Got in a bit of strife! Although I’m sure not the first club to try it on.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
After almost a month here is the table for the tipping comp. Will work on a better system for next time I'm away.

Heavy Unit, Learning Curve, NJ and Keeno are probably the only ones in the running to take out the title.

Heavy Unit 32
Learning Curve 31
NJ 30
Keeno 29
Sage Too 25
Jets 24
MeanGreen 24
Rugby Follower 24
Zinzan Brooke 23
SouthernX 22
Nomad 20
Paty305 20
Happyman 19
Cam G 17
Jonte 17
Linespeed 16
Marbig 16
Beerad 13
Dusky W 11
Hound 11
Jumpman 11
PhatMik 6
DB 4
Fisherman123 4
Pick and Drive 4
Graham Welsh 2
Daniel 10 1
Gary 1

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hearing Prems, Womens and Colts GF will be at Suncorp.

Others potentially Tennyson and / or GPS

Yeahh from Twitter, on FTA as well!

Big news for @qldpremierrugby, the 2021 Hospitals Challenge Cup won’t just be on @StanSportAU & @wwos, it will also be played at #SuncorpStadium. With Ballymore under redevelopment, 1st grade, Women’s and Colts 1 deciders will be played at Lang Park on Aug 28. |

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The Grand Final weekend will see the Hospital Challenge Cup decider, played at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday, 28 August at 7:30pm following the culmination of the Wallabies Bledisloe clash with the All Blacks in Wellington. Both the Premier Women's and Colts 1 Grand Finals will also be played on the hallowed Suncorp Stadium turf, while lower grade Grand Finals will be hosted by GPS Rugby Club.

The Finals series will kick off with Semi-Finals on Saturday, August 14, at St.Joseph's Gregory Terrace playing fields in Tennyson. The Preliminary Finals will be shared between Sunnybank and Norths Rugby Clubs the following weekend.

Tickets for adults for the Grand Final will be $20, with free transport included in the ticket price. Concession and full-time students tickets will be priced at $15 and juniors - 16-and-under - will be free with a paying adult. Tickets are on sale now, head to the Qld.Rugby website for further information.

This finals announcement comes ahead of the competitions first match to be broadcast on free-to-air television, with the Round 15 Norths vs Souths clash at Hugh Courtney Oval to be aired on 9Gem.

https://qld.rugby/news/2021/07/14/a...p-grand-final-to-be-played-at-suncorp-stadium

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Tennyson, Sunnybank and Norths makes sense from facilities and spectator perspective. As does GPS (except for parking but many will be making a big day of it so expect that Ubers and buses will be running hot to Suncorp Stadium for the Colts or Women's GF - whichever is deemed PC to hold first...)

Let's hope the rugby community pack GPS and fill the western side of Suncorp too!