• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm not sure if GPS are firmly in the contenders seat this year, will have to wait and see how these first few rounds go.

In terms of players brought in, I think a number of guys from the 2018 side have returned after some time off, Matt Mafi joins from Brothers and will replace Maile who's gone to Sunnybank, and I've heard Krisi Kuridrani is playing but haven't been down to confirm that.

Shane Arnold and Steve Meehan will bring a different vibe back to the club. I imagine their goals aren't necessarily aligned to a win now mentality. There is lots of work to do to get the Colts program on track, and bring back some whole club success that was really prevalent during 2005 - 2015 when the club was winning plenty of Reggies comps and grades.

I've heard Maile has done a full preseason with GPS and is playing reserve grade this week behind Mafi.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I've heard Maile has done a full preseason with GPS and is playing reserve grade this week behind Mafi.

Interesting, it wasn’t that long ago when Maile was called into the Brumbies squad as cover. Great for the club depth but does that mean Alex Casey is playing down the grades or isn’t playing?

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Phoenix Hunt and Blaise Barnes is a pretty damn good recruitment outcome for Brothers

Hunt was great for Easts, a good pick up for Brothers. Blaise Barnes I wasn't familiar with but seems to have come from Randwick after being a schoolboy star, signing to Parramatta Eels and then having an injury riddled couple of years in the NRL and back to rugby in Sydney. Any idea why he has come to Brisbane Reg?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don’t to be honest. He seems to be have tried a few differing places with never getting settled. Will be curious how he goes.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Interesting, it wasn’t that long ago when Maile was called into the Brumbies squad as cover. Great for the club depth but does that mean Alex Casey is playing down the grades or isn’t playing?
It will be hard to know what GPS team will play as they have not put teams up on the App yet funny how the best resourced teams were the last are the last to do so.

well after the new deadline.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Gee Bond look ok. James Abrosini a good pick up.
Reg Bond are my pick to win it this year Reg.
improving year on year strong colts program and a few classy pick ups all of the usual suspects are just picking the big 4 and not giving Bond any love.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Bond are my pick to regress

They lost a lot of good players plus there’s the travel factor... I expect them to miss the top 4.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gee this is a strong looking GPS.
AE9C7DA1-C0BD-423C-B63D-13D5C491928F.jpeg

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Ruan Smith at Brothers, wow.
Yeah , thought he was a rusted on Jeeps man , obviously not .

Certainly will make for a tough day at the office for UQ’s Alex Davies , a 19year old up against seasoned veteran who is best known for his scrummaging.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah , thought he was a rusted on Jeeps man , obviously not .

Certainly will make for a tough day at the office for UQ’s Alex Davies , a 19year old up against seasoned veteran who is best known for his scrummaging.

I feel this will be a repeat of the day at Uni last year when the East’s scrum demolished the Uni forwards. It may be a bloodbath, figuratively speaking.