• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Where are the Melbourne rebels this weekend? I don’t see any of them listed (so far) in the GPS/wests teams.

It would be a damn shame that with Dave Wessels stepping down whoever has taken the reigns has decided to stop letting these fringe rebels players the opportunity at getting some game time.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Hasn’t been a “The Rugby Collective” podcast for a couple of weeks now , always find myself looking for the latest one come Wed/Thurs . Enjoy the reviews of the previous weekend and the previews of upcoming games from a players perspective.

What’s up Sauce ?

I am a pillar to post podcast fan but I would listen to the rugby collective as well.

Sauce must be down at bottomley training his tail off to help with the Tigers revival (honestly who had them winless after 4 rounds?)

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Where are the Melbourne rebels this weekend? I don’t see any of them listed (so far) in the GPS/wests teams.

It would be a damn shame that with Dave Wessels stepping down whoever has taken the reigns has decided to stop letting these fringe rebels players the opportunity at getting some game time.

I'd imagine they'd be back in Rebels training for the Trans Tasman competition that starts next week

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

NSW players/staff are back in a bubble. Maybe the same?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
NSW players/staff are back in a bubble. Maybe the same?

Sydney is going thru some covid outbreaks.

No cases in Brisbane or Melbourne

But because the trans Tasman series is extra important for the super rugby teams bottom lines that makes sense.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah , was actually surprised to see a few Reds’ players having a run in QPR this weekend. Thought they might take a more cautious approach in case a bubble is required for Trans Tasman.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I am a pillar to post podcast fan but I would listen to the rugby collective as well.

Sauce must be down at bottomley training his tail off to help with the Tigers revival (honestly who had them winless after 4 rounds?)
Just listened to it , or at least the QPR part of it .

Guessing someone from Stan may have also had a listen at some stage and might be the reason Jaybor wasn’t offered a gig with them?

Very funny , but very loose . The line “ tongue kissed the fart box” was a bit of a stand out when referring to someone dominating a scrum . Think he would have topped out on the swear jar after the first 5 minutes .

Great work !

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I agree nomad - comments on someone at Stan probably having a listen to his podcast. Doesn’t make sense you’d give commentating gigs to Dallan Murphy and Marty Lippiatt but not offer it to Jaybor who is IMO the best amateur rugby commentator in QLD.

Hopefully Sauce “sauts out” the rugby collective because I could definitely use 2x QPR podcasts a week.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hear George Francis is running out for Wests tomorrow and whilst that is a great outcome for Wests the traditionalist in me says I don’t like it. I don’t like blokes changing clubs at the best of times let alone mid-season. I hope he gets a win tomorrow or he might be playing for another club in two weeks.

The scrum chat tomorrow will be loud given he was only playing for Easts two weeks ago(round 3).

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Bizarre if true. He was an Easts hero last year and it’s the same coaching staff etc.
It’s true , talking to some mates from Easts at UQ last Saturday and they mentioned it then , big blow up with the coaching staff apparently.

Jaybor talks about it on Pillar to Post , he seems happy with the Doggies welcoming him into the kennel.

Think Easts are realising just how much influence Ben Mowen had on the whole set up there last year , basically a captain/coach/mentor all in one who set the standard.

His role at Iona means no involvement with the Tigers until at least the second half of the season.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It’s true , talking to some mates from Easts at UQ last Saturday and they mentioned it then , big blow up with the coaching staff apparently.

Jaybor talks about it on Pillar to Post , he seems happy with the Doggies welcoming him into the kennel.

Think Easts are realising just how much influence Ben Mowen had on the whole set up there last year , basically a captain/coach/mentor all in one who set the standard.

His role at Iona means no involvement with the Tigers until at least the second half of the season.

Wests' scrum absolutely monstering Easts with Francis there. They'll be regretting loosing him now, if they weren't already.

HappiDayz

Bob McCowan (2)
No surprises with results this week, except the blowout at Sunnybank. Ouch.
Is it my imagination or is Eli Pilz off the boil this year with his kicking for goal? I swear he seemed to have had a radar on his boot last year.
Easts v Brothers next week could be significant for both teams to get their respective seasons on track but I would think Easts being 0-5 would surely need a mid season miracle to happen to see Top 4. Have any other teams done it with a similar start to the season?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I wonder if Easts were unhappy with Gorgeous George offseason. I thought he had a squad contract with a Super team? He looks like he’s been sitting on a green pasture over summer.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
He had one appearance off the bench for the Tahs and got a run with Australia A against the Argies in Sydney . Would have spent the offseason in a pro setup .

It’s hard to work out how these guys can look unfit when they are training so much , but yes I’m hearing you.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Surely Josh Collins is knocking on the door. He is electric.

Another great win and it's great to see Matty Gicquel back, a contract is surely not far away. Could easily fit into at least 3 Aussie provincial sides.