• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sorry for the late update, been a hectic week.

Great work by Heavy Unit, Learning Curve & Cam G who picked the round. That's two weeks in a row for Heavy Unit.

Heavy Unit 11
Jonte 8
Learning Curve 8
Happyman 7
Jets 7
Keeno 7
NJ 7
Cam G 6
Jumpman 6
Linespeed 6
MeanGreen 6
Paty305 6
Zinzan Brooke 6
Sage Too 5
SouthernX 5
Dusky W 4
Fisherman123 4
Hound 4
Nomad 4
Pick and Drive 4
Rugby Follower 4
Beerad 3
Graham Welsh 2
PhatMik 2
Daniel 10 1
Gary 1

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Who is likely to be missing from the club lineups this weekend?

Looks like the Reds have taken an extended squad over the ditch , plus there is a Junior Wallaby camp on in Canberra.

HappiDayz

Bob McCowan (2)
Random question here.
Any chance that people could post their club song lyrics? I enjoy hearing the enthusiasm of the winners singing it at the end of their game, however 90% of the words seemed garbled to the spectators.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Random question here.
Any chance that people could post their club song lyrics? I enjoy hearing the enthusiasm of the winners singing it at the end of their game, however 90% of the words seemed garbled to the spectators.

We're not allowed to sing our real song anymore as it has some very unpc language that could be taken in the wrong way.

It was banned so long ago that I'm not even sure the kids these days know it, only old dinosaurs like me.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping comp is good to go HERE

Odds this weekend

Easts have a 10.5 start over the Filth. Let's see if the can go 0/6.
Wests have to overcome 15.5 points against Sunnybank who are coming off a big loss
Bond have 8.5 start over Uni
Souths are handicapped 13.5 against Norths.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
One third of the competition rounds complete. Any punters want to update their preseason predictions? How many competition points will be needed to make the four this year? Do Easts still have a mathematical chance?

HappiDayz

Bob McCowan (2)
One third of the competition rounds complete. Any punters want to update their preseason predictions? How many competition points will be needed to make the four this year? Do Easts still have a mathematical chance?
I see Easts still have a mathematical chance but would need bonus point wins over Souths & Norths these next 2 weeks before their bye. And also hope GPS/ Wests / Bond / Brothers / Uni cannabilise each other over the same time to keep the faithful believing.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The way Easts are travelling, don’t think wins over Souths and Norths are a given , yet alone bonus point wins.

Has the defending premiers ever had a 0/6 start to the season in QPR?

Even 2nd Grade isn’t the same dominant force it was last season with a 3/6 start to their season.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
I see Easts still have a mathematical chance but would need bonus point wins over Souths & Norths these next 2 weeks before their bye. And also hope GPS/ Wests / Bond / Brothers / Uni cannabilise each other over the same time to keep the faithful believing.

From what I saw yesterday, they will have to lift an awe full lot.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
From what I saw yesterday, they will have to lift an awe full lot.

Agreed, some of the other losses have been fairly close but that one v Brothers really blew out. That Brothers try straight after Easts had taken the lead at 12-10 I think when one of the backs ran through half the Easts side seemingly untouched to score was like junior rugby. Can't see Easts getting anywhere near finals this year unfortunately.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Agreed, some of the other losses have been fairly close but that one v Brothers really blew out. That Brothers try straight after Easts had taken the lead at 12-10 I think when one of the backs ran through half the Easts side seemingly untouched to score was like junior rugby. Can't see Easts getting anywhere near finals this year unfortunately.
Quite a reality check at Easts. Just wondering if there’s other issues there. I understand injuries but where’s all the players gone. Are they not happy with the coach or just not playing?

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Quite a reality check at Easts. Just wondering if there’s other issues there. I understand injuries but where’s all the players gone. Are they not happy with the coach or just not playing?

Ben Mowen retired, the key frontrowers picked up Super Rugby contracts, Seru Uru has been a big part of the Reds squad this season, so with that you are losing a lot of grunt and last year their scrum and lineout worked really well.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Michael Gunn and Aiden Toua also retired.

You're right, forgot about them as well. Other teams have had some good talent available to them as well - Sorovi and Gordon's for Wests, Kuridrani for GPS are a few I can think of. The young guys will benefit from the season even if it's not successful.