• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping for this weekend can be done HERE

Bond should account for Souths but a 15.5 margin will make it interesting.

Sunnybank at home should be too good for Norths, not often the Dragons get a 7.5 point disadvantage.

GPS with a 9.5 handicap against Brothers, Fraser McReight could mess this up.

Uni v Wests will be interesting. Uni handicapped 18.5 based on 7/7 with 7 bonus points.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ Thought you were going to sack the bloke who does the odds Jets?

The new bloke is still messing with my head.;)

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
What an appalling referring display. Almost biased. Some fine, but really. Absolute shocker

HappiDayz

Bob McCowan (2)
This could be a contentious question:
Does anyone think that Uni could be enjoying the benefits of following GPS this season?

Reactions: vac

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Heard about a pretty bad situation during the Women’s game at GPS last night.

Apparently a fight started during the game and the Brothers touch judge, who was a male relation to one of the players ran onto the field and struck a GPS woman. A GPS spectator who I’m told was an older man then ran onto the field and struck the touch judge. Security got involved to remove both men.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Heard about a pretty bad situation during the Women’s game at GPS last night.

Apparently a fight started during the game and the Brothers touch judge, who was a male relation to one of the players ran onto the field and struck a GPS woman. A GPS spectator who I’m told was an older man then ran onto the field and struck the touch judge. Security got involved to remove both men.

That is horrendous stuff.

HappiDayz

Bob McCowan (2)
Yep they called the game off early. Have heard this morning the touch judge may be facing police charges. What a knob.
That’s 2 unsavory off field incidents in the last 2 home games for GPS. I’d hate to see the on field exploits be overshadowed by idiot supporters.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
That’s 2 unsavory off field incidents in the last 2 home games for GPS. I’d hate to see the on field exploits be overshadowed by idiot supporters.

Yeh agree but I think the first offence of a touch judge running onto the field and punching a woman are some fairly serious mitigating circumstances. If something like that happened in front of you, wouldn’t you intervene?

The touch judge will receive a life ban from all club rugby most likely and I’m sure the GPS supporter will cop something as well.

Regarding the previous home game, I know the club removed all players bar privileges for the remainder of the season as a general warning to the playing group to pull their heads in.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)

I don’t encourage any kind of violence but I’d say if the report is correct then it’s more of a Brothers issue, I think a large majority of people would step in if a touch judge attacked any player, let alone a female player.