• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don’t think Stephen Moore is going to be the guy you all remember

He lost a step in his last year of super rugby and he’s been away from the game for awhile

Will be intriguing to see how he goes…

We need more Moores and Mowens, professional players who retire but give back to the grass roots

I get what you all going on about and I'm glad he is giving back to the grass roots and a buzz around UQ etc.

However don't give it too much time; its the same when Quade came back, you guys banged on about it week in week out. Just like then I will say it again, its not Australian Rugby's future (a memorable past though). The future is the young guys running around in the Reds, the grades and colts. That's our future. Nothing taken away from Moore a very accomplished rugby player with a great track record, but some measure.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jets I don't know what your worried about this guy giving the margins. He's pretty spot-on and allows me to go for Brothers just about every week and get a win (with the margins of course). It's a win-win. Or a win-loss, whichever way you want to look at it.

I'll just give you the heads up that Uni have covered the margin in every game so far this year. Will be interesting to see how the weekend pans out.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'll just give you the heads up that Uni have covered the margin in every game so far this year. Will be interesting to see how the weekend pans out.

I hear you brother. At home, no expectations....hmmm I'm on.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Moore might become the new Pat Howard. He had a bit of success steering UQ teams around the park in 3rd/4th grade back in the mid-2000s.

Steve Moore packing down in 3rd grade is a very scary proposition for opposition front rows.
Speaking of Pat Howard he too was at UQ training last night having a look at the Colts.

S

Sgt Slaughter

Speaking of Pat Howard he too was at UQ training last night having a look at the Colts.

I hope he was doing more than just looking at them - Colts 1 are struggling this year, more than likely to miss out on a Top 4 spot

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
so n ow the Wallaby squad is picked, who is going to benefit from Super Rugby players returning?

UQ - Campbell (when fit), Grealy, Thomas, Hanson (??)
Wests -Henry, Sorovi, Gordon, Vaihu, Droesese, Vunivalu (when fit), Petaia (when fit)
Brothers - Stewart (if he plays), Hoopert, Flook, Creightons, Smith,
Easts - Uru, Wright, Van Nek
GPS - Hegarty, Magnay (??), Tuttle (??)

S

Sgt Slaughter

so n ow the Wallaby squad is picked, who is going to benefit from Super Rugby players returning?

Wests -Henry, Sorovi, Gordon, Vaihu, Droesese, Vunivalu (when fit), Petaia (when fit)

I’m guessing Not South’s lol

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

Not a bad backline for Wests

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)

UQ could also get ASY (Angus Scott-Young) back , although either he , Wright or Uru might yet get called up to replace the very likely suspended Swinton.

Could see both Petaia and Vunivalu being called up to at least train with the squad once fit.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Bond will get Mafi , Blyth and Nonggorr which will make difference to their set piece.

Quite a few mentioned will most likely be away with the Junior Wallabies , that being Thomas , Grealy, Nonggorr, Flook, Gordon and Vaihu. They will miss 3-4 weeks of QPR.

Reds’ players get exemptions to play QPR finals , not sure about players from other franchises. Could be tight for Gordon and Vaihu to play enough games to play finals if Wests make the four and if they need to play five games to qualify.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Reds’ players get exemptions to play QPR finals , not sure about players from other franchises. Could be tight for Gordon and Vaihu to play enough games to play finals if Wests may the four and if they need to play five games to qualify.

Yep not sure if the rules are the same in 2021, but about 4 years ago Hegarty and Sean McMahon missed the finals for GPS because they had been playing with the Rebels and didn't meet the minimum games played to qualify.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I see Ruan Smith retired rather abruptly over the weekend.

Hadn't heard much about him in the last few months, knew he couldn't get his visa sorted to play in the MLR, signed with the Reds on a short term deal, jumped from GPS for some reason, landed at Brothers and apparently walked off the field mid-game a number of weeks ago and never returned to training the following week.

Hopefully all is good.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping from the weekend and congrats to SageToo for picking 4/4, apparently tipping Brothers every week is the secret.

Keeno clear at the top with a one point lead, looking like a clear top 5 and the rest of us.

Keeno 21
Learning Curve 20
NJ 20
Heavy Unit 19
Sage Too 18
SouthernX 16
Jets 15
Zinzan Brooke 15
MeanGreen 14
Paty305 14
Happyman 13
Jonte 13
Cam G 12
Rugby Follower 12
Linespeed 11
Marbig 10
Nomad 10
Beerad 9
Jumpman 7
Dusky W 6
Hound 5
Fisherman123 4
Pick and Drive 4
Graham Welsh 2
PhatMik 2
Daniel 10 1
Gary 1

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Rennie mentioned in the announcement on Stan that both these guys will join the squad for the Rugby Championship, when fit.

Keeno3

Frank Row (1)
Stop the comp now!

Tipping from the weekend and congrats to SageToo for picking 4/4, apparently tipping Brothers every week is the secret.

Keeno clear at the top with a one point lead, looking like a clear top 5 and the rest of us.

Keeno 21
Learning Curve 20
NJ 20
Heavy Unit 19
Sage Too 18
SouthernX 16
Jets 15
Zinzan Brooke 15
MeanGreen 14
Paty305 14
Happyman 13
Jonte 13
Cam G 12
Rugby Follower 12
Linespeed 11
Marbig 10
Nomad 10
Beerad 9
Jumpman 7
Dusky W 6
Hound 5
Fisherman123 4
Pick and Drive 4
Graham Welsh 2
PhatMik 2
Daniel 10 1
Gary 1

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Samu Kerevi with a social media post wishing Shane Arnold a happy birthday and giving a ‘see you soon coach’ shout at the end.

Could be nothing, but is cryptic enough for me to get excited about him possibly coming back to play for GPS to finish the year. He would qualify for finals if he started playing this week or next.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Samu Kerevi with a social media post wishing Shane Arnold a happy birthday and giving a ‘see you soon coach’ shout at the end.

Could be nothing, but is cryptic enough for me to get excited about him possibly coming back to play for GPS to finish the year. He would qualify for finals if he started playing this week or next.

What about the Olympics which he will be part of?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
What about the Olympics which he will be part of?

I’m guessing he will be trialling up in Townsville next weekend. Probably doesn’t leave enough time for him to qualify if he doesn’t make the squad.

As I said, it could be nothing, maybe he is just training with the team or catching up for a beer.

But considering GPS backline is definitely the weak link, I can dream.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
6442F089-D2ED-4CEA-9D73-FDB609D3D0A2.png

Where’s Stewart and Carter Gordon. A bit relieved Carter’s not playing.