• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wallis was in the 2015 Churchie team. Gilmore didn't coach that year I don't believe.

Wallis wasn't in that QLD 20s side either.

Nor was he in the Gilmore coached Oz 20s side at the World Champs.

Got his first real rep chance in the opens when Mick Heenan coached Brisbane City in 2018. Giquel was also in that side.

So it’s Heenan’s fault!

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
That's right, Which is why the QRU needs to rethink the branding and Super rugby AU, same with NSW. But that belongs to the "Where to for Super rugby thread".
The Reds haven't bee a rep team since 1996.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
That's right, Which is why the QRU needs to rethink the branding and Super rugby AU, same with NSW. But that belongs to the "Where to for Super rugby thread".
The Reds haven't bee a rep team since 1996.
True and I guess in the professional era ( and minimum working conditions under Industrial Law) it has to be that way.

But think the Reds and QRU have done well in the last few years making it feel like a rep team . The Reds to Regions and Thorn’s mantra of knowing who you represent has been great.

I know it’s been a big push on the part of Jeff Miller as QRU Chairman to get the QPR clubs on board with the Reds being “our team”.

Think that relationship has improved, unlike what we have seen in Sydney.

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)
If Souths finish the year on 3 or 4 wins, does Dammers get another go around?

Who has Dampers brought into the souths team apart from Luke Samoa who is past his prime. Just since his appointment, he's lost Rhys Van Nek, Callum McDonald, Kalani Thomas, Lukas Ripley, a host of colts to east's and a number of other players.

The majority of the prem grade side he's brought up through colts but needs to top this talent up with some prem grade ready recruits if he goes again next year

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Think Souths have done relatively well this season, don’t know the politics if there are any , but with the squad they have , they’ve gone very close to knocking off both Brothers and UQ . Also beaten Wests and Bond.

Just had a look at Rugby Xplorer and the team list for Brothers is up . Assuming QPR is played this weekend, which is probably a long shot, Hamish Stewart is named to make his debut for Brothers against Souths. With the exception of McReight and Wilson , would be a full strength Brothers team . Looks pretty good on paper and they are starting to play good footy at the right end of the season .

5CCDB611-9ABD-4A78-B5B7-811A8D2D3C8B.jpeg

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Your missing O’Connor, Tongan Thor and Lachlan Creighton in your exception list the nomad.
Yeah , holy shit did forget about Thor and JOC (James O'Connor). Reckon Lachy might struggle to fit into that backline , where would he play?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Who has Dampers brought into the souths team apart from Luke Samoa who is past his prime. Just since his appointment, he's lost Rhys Van Nek, Callum McDonald, Kalani Thomas, Lukas Ripley, a host of colts to east's and a number of other players.

The majority of the prem grade side he's brought up through colts but needs to top this talent up with some prem grade ready recruits if he goes again next year

Yeh very interesting re the players who have left. I know this South’s team are a work in progress, and I’m sure the end goal is keeping them together for another few years and really competing, but that news about CFS just had me wondering what was going on. The reality is that players change clubs, but the exodus of what you’d call their top line players is interesting.

S

Sgt Slaughter

Ouch that one stings.
Souths Junior and played in the 2015 premiership team.

State High connection with Sione I would imagine - not to mention the younger cohort of State High players in Gorman, Fenner, Mahina, Liam and Neal Mcnamara to name a few - who knows Sione might go pre season shopping at West, Jeep’s and UQ for more State High players in Petaia, Lalagavesi, Taulima and Christian?

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
With this morning’s covid announcement, what does that mean for this week’s game. I’d assume they’d move all games to Sunday?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
With this morning’s covid announcement, what does that mean for this week’s game. I’d assume they’d move all games to Sunday?
QPR posted the other day that if Lockdown is extended, this weekend’s game would be treated as a “rained out” round . Attempts would be made to make the round up and if this doesn’t happen think the points get shared? Not sure about that.

The move to Sunday would make sense if allowed, they were going to go ahead with the games tomorrow if lockdown was lifted tonight. An extra day wouldn’t be too significant, teams could have a Captain’s run from 6pm Saturday.