• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
My Top 8, Of course no one knows, so much to play out, Just a bit of fun, keep your panties on if I get your Team wrong, you can maybe put up your team and we can that rip it to shreds.

Lots of player movement, any updated lists

This is top 8 at the end of the Rounds

1 Uni (The systems machine)
2 GPS (DIE DIE DIE DIE- no one likes em, but they can play)
3 Brothers
4 Easts (mark my words, to many Great staff to fail again this Year)
5 Wests/ Melbourne Rebels reggie side (VERY VERY CLOSE, they might sneak into the 4 for one of the others)
6 Bond ( Who cares)
7 Souths (Who cares)
8 Sunnybank ( I would like shares in their tuckshop)
9 Norths (Hope I am wrong and they have a cracker season, Love the underdog to come through)

All right Ladies, come at me, remember I have Feelings

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
a 17 year old unproven schoolboy at the time....
Reg my point is that he was lined up to go to another club through Tongan connections until Mr Cordingley got involved.
Having said that by all accounts Taniela is a great clubman at Brothers.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Whats the news out of Norths? Anything positive of note?

I'm on their website trying to find some information about the club this year, and either I'm at the wrong place, or they haven't updated anything for over two years, as it still shows 2020 fixtures and coaching staff lists. Surely the admin at the club needs a boot up the arse, that kind of stuff is simple and makes them look more amateur than they already are.

On a topic slightly off QPR, has anyone got any information around what has happened at Logan Saints? I've heard they are about to be booted from the BJRU and QSRU.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Whats the news out of Norths? Anything positive of note?

I'm on their website trying to find some information about the club this year, and either I'm at the wrong place, or they haven't updated anything for over two years, as it still shows 2020 fixtures and coaching staff lists. Surely the admin at the club needs a boot up the arse, that kind of stuff is simple and makes them look more amateur than they already are.
It’s all on Facebook and Instagram nowadays. Plenty of info there, coaches etc. I imagine that’s how all the clubs roll now.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’s all on Facebook and Instagram nowadays. Plenty of info there, coaches etc. I imagine that’s how all the clubs roll now.
Meh, call me old fashioned but not updating your website for two years seems lazy. All the other clubs are still running them, as well as the socials.

I would have thought being bottom dwellers for so long, adding some polish to anything you can at least gives the aura that things are looking up.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Meh, call me old fashioned but not updating your website for two years seems lazy. All the other clubs are still running them, as well as the socials.

I would have thought being bottom dwellers for so long, adding some polish to anything you can at least gives the aura that things are looking up.
You seem very critical Phil.
Would love to hear your opinion on how Norths could boost their “aura” as a club.
must be doing something right if everyone wants to keep pilfering their players….

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
You seem very critical Phil.
Would love to hear your opinion on how Norths could boost their “aura” as a club.
must be doing something right if everyone wants to keep pilfering their players….
That is exactly the attitude that I get annoyed with mate - the whole 'we keep getting our players taken' so we'll never get better.

Being on the Northside I have plenty of mates who've spent years at the club, played there, coached there, all of them are great community blokes and clearly care about the club. But when it comes to results on the field, they all moan about not having the depth and talent pool as other clubs swoop in etc etc. It has been the same story for years.

If I'm being totally honest about how they could boost their on field results, they probably need a whole club reset. Blow the place up. A fresh lick of paint just made the LA Rams Superbowl champs. Re-brand the club as the Norths Vultures for all I care and attract players with new administration. Maybe look at merging with the EP Roosters and re-branding the senior club? I won't have all the answers clearly, but this is decades long failures we're talking about with numerous new coaches.

And for the record, the last premiership Norths won at any level I believe was a stacked 3rd/4th grade around 5 years ago, more than half that team had jumped ship from GPS, so the pilfering players chat works both ways if we are talking about the success they've managed to have.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
I wouldn't be too critical of Norths just yet, agree that the 'everyone pilfers our players' chat gets a bit old. To be fair up until recently their merry go round of 1st grade coaches who were out of their depth probably played a massive part in various walk outs over the years, but they look to have some stability and credibility now. It seems they have chased short term success at only 1st grade level going by their recruitment for years and neglected the rest of the place (lower grades and colts).

You only have to look at their colts program now, they were my 2nd favorite team to watch last year, it's clear they've completely overhauled things there, with people who seem to really know what they're doing, I'm predicting big things from them this year, provided they don't lose their players to 1st grade again. It's no secret that sustained success comes from the bottom up - UQ are prime examples of this.

Perhaps an update of their interweb page for us oldies might help though.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
Any news/updates out of "The Bank"? They really struggled in Colts last season (fielded only 2 teams and ultimately only 1 team that forfeited at the back end of the season) and the Grades similarly were not strong. A once proud and strong club appeared to be in trouble on many fronts. For the good of the competition and the community, I hope things have "improved".

Any news/updates out of "The Bank"? They really struggled in Colts last season (fielded only 2 teams and ultimately only 1 team that forfeited at the back end of the season) and the Grades similarly were not strong. A once proud and strong club appeared to be in trouble on many fronts. For the good of the competition and the community, I hope things have "improved".
Things have improved out of sight, new GM in Reggie Armstrong has instilled a lot of confidence in the club over the past few months. I believe in one round last season there were 48 Sunnybank juniors playing in Premier Grade over 30 of them at clubs other than Sunnybank. Numbers are strong for 2 x Colts sides and 4 grades. The rebuild is a long term project. (5-10 years) the aim is to have Sunnybank juniors so entrenched within the club that when they leave school they have no hesitation in going anywhere but Sunnybank. The juniors this year are as strong as ever, their u13 should win the Division1 GF with daylight second, u14's should go close and 15 and 16's should at least make finals. If the project goes they way they are planning we should be seeing some good results out of the bank in coming seasons.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
Things have improved out of sight, new GM in Reggie Armstrong has instilled a lot of confidence in the club over the past few months. I believe in one round last season there were 48 Sunnybank juniors playing in Premier Grade over 30 of them at clubs other than Sunnybank. Numbers are strong for 2 x Colts sides and 4 grades. The rebuild is a long term project. (5-10 years) the aim is to have Sunnybank juniors so entrenched within the club that when they leave school they have no hesitation in going anywhere but Sunnybank. The juniors this year are as strong as ever, their u13 should win the Division1 GF with daylight second, u14's should go close and 15 and 16's should at least make finals. If the project goes they way they are planning we should be seeing some good results out of the bank in coming seasons.
Good to hear that The Bankers are on the improve as you say. Important for our game, the competition, the health and well being of young men and the community.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Their women team is a credit to the club and the competition, so great to hear work underway to get their other grade competitive.
But we don’t want them too good!

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
My Top 8, Of course no one knows, so much to play out, Just a bit of fun, keep your panties on if I get your Team wrong, you can maybe put up your team and we can that rip it to shreds.

Lots of player movement, any updated lists

This is top 8 at the end of the Rounds

1 Uni (The systems machine)
2 GPS (DIE DIE DIE DIE- no one likes em, but they can play)
3 Brothers
4 Easts (mark my words, to many Great staff to fail again this Year)
5 Wests/ Melbourne Rebels reggie side (VERY VERY CLOSE, they might sneak into the 4 for one of the others)
6 Bond ( Who cares)
7 Souths (Who cares)
8 Sunnybank ( I would like shares in their tuckshop)
9 Norths (Hope I am wrong and they have a cracker season, Love the underdog to come through)

All right Ladies, come at me, remember I have Feelings
Frotter, the only feelings you have are when someone steals your crocs that you leave at the boat ramp!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
On a topic slightly off QPR, has anyone got any information around what has happened at Logan Saints? I've heard they are about to be booted from the BJRU and QSRU.
Wow really?

massive fall from grace considering they were close to QPR promotion not too long ago. Also a critical growth corridor rugby can’t let slip, it’s the Western Sydney equivalent for Brisbane.

Last edited:
Reactions: dru