• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
So Wests, Bond and UQ pick up bonus point wins

Easts pick up 2 points for scoring 4 tries and losing by less than 7.

GPS no points.

So ladder
1. Wests 55pts
2. UQ 48pts
3. Brothers 46pts
4. Bond 43 pts ( ahead on PD )
5. GPS 43 pts
6. Easts 42 pts

cracking season!

Edit : Shorted Easts by 2 pts , now corrected , it’s bloody close!

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Penalised for being too short?
Honestly, pretty close to it - was ruled as off his feet at the ruck and it looked like he was just low and hard at the ball. Easts were going a bit feral at the ruck at that point though so they can't count themselves too hard done by.

rugbyrules

Stan Wickham (3)
Parking at Sylvan Road is a nightmare on any playing day let alone a finals. GPS not much better. Trust the clubs will have a "plan" to appease the locals, the police, players and spectators alike!! Prelims @ Bond Uni - seriously?
Agree - sending clubs to the Gold Coast is ridiculous for a Brisbane based competition. It's far away, they have almost no local supporters that can walk to the game like all Brisbane clubs located within residential suburbs (Bond games are always the worst attended), the environment has no atmosphere (so the tv product will be poor) and doesn't serve any other particular purpose. QRU really keep shooting themselves in the foot running premier rugby - the clubs could do a better job and should probably do what Sydney did and form a body to operate club rugby as a separate entity and not under the QRU's control at all - a commercial organisation that was focused on club rugby can do so much better with the Brisbane club competition. Club rugby for QRU is an after thought at best and certainly not their priority, and the QRU just doesn't have the commercial or technical expertise to execute the club competition properly and that prevents club rugby reaching its true potential ....which is currently greater than super rugby imo

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I go back to my previous point - how is travelling to the coast such a hard thing to do?? They are part of the competition so it shouldn’t matter. God forbid teams have to do it twice in a year… ffs get over it

Yeh but we aren’t necessarily talking about travelling to play Bond themselves, that is fine. I don’t think people complaining about travel is out of line. If the competition was based on the Gold Coast and teams were asked to travel to Brisbane it would be the same discussion.

If you had the option to travel 20mins for a game or 1hr 20mins, you’d choose the closer option.

It is what it is though and teams will figure it out. But yeh I don’t think teams/players/supporters who want to complain is that bad, especially if they’re having to travel for say a Brothers v Wests game.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I thought it was Queensland Premier Rugby, not Brisbane Premier Rugby.

I don't think it's that controversial that 1 finals day is held at Bond, they've done their hard work over the years and deserve the right, they've invested in the facilities down there and brought premier rugby back from extinction on the Gold Coast. As for this 'arduous travel', is it really that bad? It's barely an hour away for the majority of Brisbane, half of Brisbane makes that trip every other weekend as it is.

It shouldn't just be Wests, Brothers and GPS granted the right to host finals matches, and evidently the clubs think so as they've voted that way.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Haydos with the inside scoop!

Bond money (haha) trying to buy a premiership by getting everyone out of their comfort zone, very suspicious…