• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Heavies v Filth should be a great game this weekend. On balance I’d say Brothers would shade the Uni pack at the scrum but I think Uni are better around the park and at the lineout.

Uni’s backs are dazzling however the Brothers backline looked good against GPS off the back of a much improved performance from JOC (James O'Connor).

i hope the rep players from both teams play as it adds so much to games.

A concern for Uni would be Twidale’s goal kicking which looked shaky against GPS in the final round and regressed further against Wests.

Which ever team makes the GF will be pretty knackered you’d think after the weekends games and potentially another tough one this coming weekend

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
We could argue about a penalty try or not forever but it is good to read the rationale for Palmer’s decision, or non-decision as the case maybe.
Reffing is a tough, and in most cases thankless task, so to hear a clear explanation of his reasoning is great and puts to bed the argument in my mind.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Heavies v Filth should be a great game this weekend. On balance I’d say Brothers would shade the Uni pack at the scrum but I think Uni are better around the park and at the lineout.

Uni’s backs are dazzling however the Brothers backline looked good against GPS off the back of a much improved performance from JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor).

i hope the rep players from both teams play as it adds so much to games.

A concern for Uni would be Twidale’s goal kicking which looked shaky against GPS in the final round and regressed further against Wests.

Which ever team makes the GF will be pretty knackered you’d think after the weekends games and potentially another tough one this coming weekend
yet he kicked 100% didn't he in the 100 point win over Sunnybank? A little performance pressure perhaps?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
UQ should never have got themselves into that situation, up by 10 with 3 minutes to go. Lots of little errors during the game, passes going behind support players, handling errors, goal kicking yips and some poor game management/decision making. Why didn't the restart when Wallis was binned for a high tackle go long? Chance of a turn over yes, but always a chance of a penalty competing for the ball.

With the goal kicking, Kye Oats was the first choice goal kicker the past 2 seasons and not used. 2 from 6 conversions and multiple missed penalty attempts. Should have been up by more than 2 converted tries with 3 minutes to go.

Can't see UQ playing that poorly again, but what toll will the 105minutes of rugby take? The backs at least should be reasonably fresh, the time it was taking to get to set piece during the game was laborious.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Maybe but he’s a pretty seasoned player. A couple of kicks v GPS went through the poles but they looked like flying saucers. Jooste ( I think) landed a pressure conversion 15 in from touch toward the end of regular time so perhaps he could be an option?

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
The HIA thing is a non issue for me as Uni followed all protocols and were probably doing it out of caution more-so than requirement.
There was an explanation a few pages back and I would back the judgment of the club given the seriousness with which they handled the situation.
From memory those couple of wounded birds Twidale kicked against GPS were early on in the match regardless. Both kicks went through, but they looked like something that would come off my boot, rather than a quality player like him.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

yet he kicked 100% didn't he in the 100 point win over Sunnybank? A little performance pressure perhaps?
sore foot?

Kye Oates has been pretty good all year so wonder why he didnt have a shot after Jooste missed a couple.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
I am not sure how many players took to the respective fields over the weekend but all should be congratulated for putting on a great spectacle. There was excitement and drama in just about every match at every grade level. To the teams that were defeated, heads up, you made the top 4!! And to the teams still in the contest, good luck.

To all the coaches, assistant coaches, ball boys/girls, medics and other support staff, well done. To GPS and Wests, good job and thanks for the hospitality.

All the best to Bond Uni as host for this weekend. The atmosphere over the weekend tells me club rugby is as strong as ever.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
We could argue about a penalty try or not forever but it is good to read the rationale for Palmer’s decision, or non-decision as the case maybe.
Reffing is a tough, and in most cases thankless task, so to hear a clear explanation of his reasoning is great and puts to bed the argument in my mind.
So as long as they take it in turns we don’t get a penalty try?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Brother's will be hoping for a big showing this weekend - they could end up with 1st, 2nds and Colts 1 playing Grand Finals.

Have heard the lure of championship glory finally made common sense come into play and all the teams have been training at Norths, with Brother's fields shut for cleaning.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Brother's will be hoping for a big showing this weekend - they could end up with 1st, 2nds and Colts 1 playing Grand Finals.

Have heard the lure of championship glory finally made common sense come into play and all the teams have been training at Norths, with Brother's fields shut for cleaning.
GPS might be the next one - a number of boys from the weekend have infections from the number 2 field.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I am not sure how many players took to the respective fields over the weekend but all should be congratulated for putting on a great spectacle. There was excitement and drama in just about every match at every grade level. To the teams that were defeated, heads up, you made the top 4!! And to the teams still in the contest, good luck.

To all the coaches, assistant coaches, ball boys/girls, medics and other support staff, well done. To GPS and Wests, good job and thanks for the hospitality.

All the best to Bond Uni as host for this weekend. The atmosphere over the weekend tells me club rugby is as strong as ever.

So this weekend is confusing for me.
Normally during the season each club will host a full compliment of grades ie 6 to 8 games.
Why is it split between 2 venues that are 90KM apart? Very painful for club supporters who want to be at both grounds.

Bond host Prems, 2nds, colts1 and womens
Sunnybank host the rest - 3rds,4ths, 5ths colts 2 , 3

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So this weekend is confusing for me.
Normally during the season each club will host a full compliment of grades ie 6 to 8 games.
Why is it split between 2 venues that are 90KM apart? Very painful for club supporters who want to be at both grounds.

Bond host Prems, 2nds, colts1 and womens
Sunnybank host the rest - 3rds,4ths, 5ths colts 2 , 3
Skipping over the prelims for a moment.

now that the broncos have been rolled from the NRL Finals… how about hosting a allday grand final event for all teams at Suncorp on the Saturday (no test match)

how good of a experience would that be with the main event happening in the twilight hours/primetime.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Skipping over the prelims for a moment.

now that the broncos have been rolled from the NRL Finals… how about hosting a allday grand final event for all teams at Suncorp on the Saturday (no test match)

how good of a experience would that be with the main event happening in the twilight hours/primetime.
I like it either way West field will not be up to it when the time arises it is totally munted.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree. However, Suncorp has a soccer international v NZ on Thursday 22nd and an NRLW double header on 25th plus 2 game v PNG same day.