• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from QLD State Sevens in Noosa over the weekend

Teams: Sunshine Coast Stingrays, Bond University, GPS, University of Queensland, Brothers, Sunnybank, Easts, Souths, Wests, Central Queensland

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe he will be a bulldog as he is close with the Gordon boys, but I believe there are some other brothers folk heading 'round the corner' though.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Over the years we have hyped up player movements particularly guys straight from schoolboy rugby but really what is the initial impact that they have first year out?
I think it takes most guys a year or two in premier grade to find consistency of performance at that level unless you are an out & out star, and if you are then you are probably learning your trade in Super rugby and not in clubland.
So whilst it is nice to hear that your club has secured the services of a schoolboy star their impact will not be immediate and you need to be patient. Oh and hope that you get some game time from them once they reach that level of consistency rather than seeing them do it for the Wallabies! Which is ultimately what we want them to be doing.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Think most the UQ lads who picked up contracts are on trial and train basis. Could see Vest and Halaholo back from the Tahs and Wallis and Ripley back from the Rebels. Hopefully for their sake they are kept on. Think another season of First grade would be great development for Ripley.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Think most the UQ lads who picked up contracts are on trial and train basis. Could see Vest and Halaholo back from the Tahs and Wallis and Ripley back from the Rebels. Hopefully for their sake they are kept on. Think another season of First grade would be great development for Ripley.
I think Halaholo is playing for Newcastle in the Shute shield, so that might be wishful thinking.