• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
All valid points about mid week fixtures and why it’s not likely.

Still can’t fathom how South’s can host all the lower grade games but pull the pin on the afternoon games, understanding that they relocated some games to Bulimba… why couldn’t you relocate the main event as well?
There were NO games hosted at Souths on Saturday. I am not sure of what the arrangements were with Riverside for playing some grades there: 5ths, 4ths, 3rds and Colts 1, 2 and 3. I would think that it would Riverside's call and not Souths, on how many games could be accommodated at Riverside last Saturday.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Wests supposed to be hosting GPS.

I think the rain is supposed to calm down through to the weekend, but still fairly wet. Is the Doggies field in shape to host a full day?
That is one that would be worth moving to Ballymore

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
There were NO games hosted at Souths on Saturday. I am not sure of what the arrangements were with Riverside for playing some grades there: 5ths, 4ths, 3rds and Colts 1, 2 and 3. I would think that it would Riverside's call and not Souths, on how many games could be accommodated at Riverside last Saturday.
The arrangement to play at Riverside seems a little odd, don’t get the connection to Souths.

Terrace have been training at Riverside this term due to the flooding at Tennyson a couple of months ago. Quoting my son here , but rugby training is off tomorrow due to the fields being “wrecked” by games played over the weekend.

Seems a little odd that Riverside would offer up their fields to get “wrecked” , but not host first grade .

Keeping on theme , is there a precedent on rained out games? Playing a midweek game in the lead in to a bye round really only suits the team with the upcoming bye. Plenty of teams use the week leading into a bye as a chance for a freshen up and or rehab for those that need it . Trying to now fit two extra games for some into the season is quite a disadvantage for those teams, particularly when you consider UQ , Wests and Bond at this stage won’t have any games to make up .

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

except it then takes away Wests food and drink take
let them run the food and drink stand at Ballymore.

This is a business decision which can be negotiated with all sorts of parameters that could be suitable to both parties.

ie Ballymore could run a cover charge/parking fee (gold coin) and Wests run the f&d or verse visa.
ie get it catered and take a percentage each

Plenty of ways to make it viable.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Keeping on theme , is there a precedent on rained out games? Playing a midweek game in the lead in to a bye round really only suits the team with the upcoming bye. Plenty of teams use the week leading into a bye as a chance for a freshen up and or rehab for those that need it . Trying to now fit two extra games for some into the season is quite a disadvantage for those teams, particularly when you consider UQ , Wests and Bond at this stage won’t have any games to make up .
Apparently Brothers were supposed to be hosting makeup games tonight across a few grades, but they've been cancelled and their fields are closed even for training.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
let them run the food and drink stand at Ballymore.

This is a business decision which can be negotiated with all sorts of parameters that could be suitable to both parties.

ie Ballymore could run a cover charge/parking fee (gold coin) and Wests run the f&d or verse visa.
ie get it catered and take a percentage each

Plenty of ways to make it viable.

It’s a while since you’ve been the Ballymore hasn’t it?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

It’s a while since you’ve been the Ballymore hasn’t it?
not really and I know it is run down.
the way to get the upkeep done is for it to generate some cash flow, which means it has to be used. This is a bit chicken and egg like to get it started I know but if we don't start we will never achieve.

Remembering a lot of Ballymore was created with old school working bee's, maybe it is time for the wider rugby community to come together and pitch in over a couple of weeks to polish it up to a useable standard.

Plenty of corporates and tradies in the game who might be willing to help out for the greater good.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
not really and I know it is run down.
the way to get the upkeep done is for it to generate some cash flow, which means it has to be used. This is a bit chicken and egg like to get it started I know but if we don't start we will never achieve.

Remembering a lot of Ballymore was created with old school working bee's, maybe it is time for the wider rugby community to come together and pitch in over a couple of weeks to polish it up to a useable standard.

Plenty of corporates and tradies in the game who might be willing to help out for the greater good.

Not sure its run down more like not there

1653370942118.png

RugbyM

Bob McCowan (2)
View attachment 13592
Not sure Ballymore would be useful.
It's looking slightly better than that now, this was taken right after the floods. Ambrose Treacy College are using Field 2 (behind the Hill) as their home ground at the moment.

The McLean Stand area has been raised up above flood levels and the slab's getting laid in the next few weeks.

Still won't be ready for games (at least those involving crowds/grandstands) until next April/May when the new McLean stand and high-performance centre is handed over.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Matt Lodge (former Brisbane broncos prop) played reserve grade for norths last night.

Think he would be a chance to play premier grade this weekend for Eagles.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Matt Lodge (former Brisbane broncos prop) played reserve grade for norths last night.

Think he would be a chance to play premier grade this weekend for Eagles.
Interesting - I believe he’s signing with the Dolphins in the NRL for next season.

I am surprised he hasn’t gone to their QCup side for the remainder of this season.

Was it definitely him and not just a bloke with same name??