• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With Twidale injured do we see Lynagh step up at 10 for UQ? The Club Rugby show on Stan suggested Grealy might fill in, but I can't see that happening this week or next with the Reds in New Zealand.

They also mentioned that Horan might be getting a run soon - would be great to see a Lynagh and Horan share the field again. Could be as many as 4 "sons of 91" if Nasser and Lillicrap take the field with them later in the season.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting to see Pat Byron say he’d happily give Matt Lodge a run in Premier grade if he’s interested after he played 50 minutes in Norths rescheduled reserve grade game v Bond on Tuesday night.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting to see Pat Byron say he’d happily give Matt Lodge a run in Premier grade if he’s interested after he played 50 minutes in Norths rescheduled reserve grade game v Bond on Tuesday night.
Showed some footage of his run in second grade on the Channel 9 News last night , couple of strong ball carries . Would easily be the most media coverage that Norths’ Reggies have ever got .

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)

Is it really that surprising? Norths haven’t exactly got a winning formula at the moment. May as well give the current NRL player a run, he’s been given a $700k handshake from the Warriors to go and play club rugby for a year before playing for the Dolphins. Will give Norths some good exposure and probably sell them a few more tins of gold with the crowds he could attract.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

With Twidale injured do we see Lynagh step up at 10 for UQ? The Club Rugby show on Stan suggested Grealy might fill in, but I can't see that happening this week or next with the Reds in New Zealand.

They also mentioned that Horan might be getting a run soon - would be great to see a Lynagh and Horan share the field again. Could be as many as 4 "sons of 91" if Nasser and Lillicrap take the field with them later in the season.
I like your sentimental run down memory lane but there could be a 5th if you count young Percival.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is it really that surprising? Norths haven’t exactly got a winning formula at the moment. May as well give the current NRL player a run, he’s been given a $700k handshake from the Warriors to go and play club rugby for a year before playing for the Dolphins. Will give Norths some good exposure and probably sell them a few more tins of gold with the crowds he could attract.
I agree I think it is great for Norths to have someone like that amongst the playing squad and it’s also good for the other clubs to come up against a fella who is a highly paid player albeit in another code. A bit different but remember what a thrill the other clubs’ players got when they ran out against Quade a few years back?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I do feel Lodge is a player custom made for the 'old NRL' before the rule changes these last few years which spend their game up.

He's a big frame who was very effective at one off running, gaining meters and then lumbering back into position to do it again in 5mins. The transition from League front rower to Rugby anything is always going to be one of the more difficult ones. It'll be interesting to see how he goes at 1st grade if they give him a run.

Still, as I said, it's not like Norths are topping the table. They can use any advantages at the moment.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I do feel Lodge is a player custom made for the 'old NRL' before the rule changes these last few years which spend their game up.

He's a big frame who was very effective at one off running, gaining meters and then lumbering back into position to do it again in 5mins. The transition from League front rower to Rugby anything is always going to be one of the more difficult ones. It'll be interesting to see how he goes at 1st grade if they give him a run.

Still, as I said, it's not like Norths are topping the table. They can use any advantages at the moment.
Anyone know his rugby pedigree? schoolboy super star??? junior rugby ????

What got him interested in Norths???

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good on him for having a crack and getting some playing time. Good on Norths for getting him in. I hope Lodge gets plenty of support and Norths attract some good crowds and sell a truckload of XXXX Gold. Norths need all the help they can get, so let's give them our support. There might be a few more RL boys floating around looking for a game of footy if today's news is on the money. How good would that be to see and tell stories about

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I am glad some common sense also being applied and having him run on in 1sts if he ends up sticking around.

He may be a league convert but the bloke could do some serious damage against club rugby 2nd graders, they’re a fair way off playing in the NRL!

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

A mutual friend knows the head coach at Norths and he wants to keep up match fitness

no idea at the pedigree - but I bet with his rugby league background you want nothing to do with him #pathways
never said I don't want rugby league players.

More then happy for them to walk in the front door, just like Lodge has done

what pisses me off is when the hierarchy go chasing them at the detriment of kids who have put in years of effort to learn the game and follow the instructions and program that the hierarchy put in place to start with.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone got the mail on where Cullin Cooper-Jones has been for Wests last couple weeks?

the 2 losses at the start of the season he was definitely one of the bright spots in those matches.

was keen to see him play his former team this weekend but haven’t seen his name pop up in any team lists recently.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone got the mail on where Cullin Cooper-Jones has been for Wests last couple weeks?

the 2 losses at the start of the season he was definitely one of the bright spots in those matches.

was keen to see him play his former team this weekend but haven’t seen his name pop up in any team lists recently.
injured apparently.

The GPS v Wests game stands to be a cracker. Across multiple grades