• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
UQ has 30 registered colts unavailable (injury / student holidays) plus about another dozen 1st /2nd Graders on the injury list as well.

Going to test the depth of the club this week.
That makes the named starting lineup a little easier to understand. Big changes to the forward pack and a new 9 .

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
not too many Rebels in the Wests team as named.

This team a little different than Rugby Xplorer.
DD6468DC-474C-467A-876A-CF4072110CF6.jpeg

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Good to see Uru and Daugunu back playing club rugby this weekend. Wonder if we will get Hamish Stewart for brothers and Campbell for the heavies?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Veresa Mataitini made a switch from Reserve grade eagles starting for GPS premiers today?

that’s a interesting mid season switch. Hadn’t been factoring into eagles premier grade… think he will bag a lot of tries with that GPS backline.

I predict a double for him today.
He looked lively in Reggie’s for Norths a few weeks ago against GPS ironically but had a injury meltdown after each impressive run of which there were a few but defensively vulnerable. Big call him leaving there he appeared entrenched and highly regarded with a lot of close mates but playing Reggie’s there or prems at GPS is a no brainer for mine.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Veresa Mataitini made a switch from Reserve grade eagles starting for GPS premiers today?

that’s a interesting mid season switch. Hadn’t been factoring into eagles premier grade… think he will bag a lot of tries with that GPS backline.

I think it says a lot where Norths are at ATM. Not a happy camp I am hearing.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Wow , impressive lineup. That’s what a NRC team used to look like , could be a hard day at the office for Souths !

I think Uru and Daugunu will only be playing this week? Maybe one more and then off to Aussie A camp. Wests need to capitalise.

Where is Carter Gordon?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Uru and Daugunu will only be playing this week? Maybe one more and then off to Aussie A camp. Wests need to capitalise.

Where is Carter Gordon?

no idea, Phil.
Educated guess he’s probably nursing some injury or minor surgery and hopefully back soon:

my logic there it’s the only reasonable explanation as to why he was left out of the Aussie A’s team (bulldogs biasism of course)

Wilson

David Codey (61)

What a call! Copping a sniper on the 2nd so it's looking set in stone, if he stayed on the field he'd be every chance to double it

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Sunnybank played well against Brothers today. They should of won with Tom Lucas missing a very kickable goal at the end. Well done to the club as they appeared to be on their knees a couple of years ago. I’m thinking Brothers will have a heap of troops coming back in the 2nd round, they will be hard to beat if they can get the majority back.

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
Speaking of Easts, anyone in the know heard of anything around former Bulldogs winger Shea Lalagavesi. Left the kennel this year to join the tigers and am yet to see him play (I think). Injuries? Cheers
He had his first game back according to the third grade team lists for the weekend.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Caught up on the club rugby Stan show today.

Interesting interview with Dammers from South’s where he admits South’s had become a transient club and he was really trying to change that. He didn’t mention Picone by name but it was clearly a reference to his involvement.

GPS went through a rough period after Picone left and have come back stronger (and a number of Picone players have returned after a few years away), South’s seems to be building again and should be thereabouts in the coming years.

Itll be interesting to see how the whole Wests Rebels situation turns out for the Doggies, it’s essentially not much different to the Picone stuff and the consensus seems to be short term success isn’t the answer.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Scored 2 tries and won the game for the Tigers. Timely 3rd grade comeback in an important game for both teams. Smells of side stacking to me.

If Easts want to stack their 3rd grade is it really a problem? As long as it’s all legit and they keep playing that grade.

Clubs have been stacking lower grade sides for years and years, usually because mates like to play together. GPS have won plenty of 4th/5th grade premierships with guys who would probably make the current Western Force team.

Norths only premiership in the last century was a 4th grade team that probably would have beaten their Prems side. It’s not uncommon.