• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
According to the article, Chris Kuridrani is captain. I know he was named man of the match last week so he must have done plenty but the small part of the Souths game I watched, he did seem to miss a lot of tackles so can expect traffic through the 13 channel.

Collins is a loss with semis next week but hasn't played much recently. Without Richards (and Tuialima?) the Red Heavies must be warm favourites. Unless they try to keep powder dry for Wests next week at the same venue?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Red Heavies must be warm favourites. Unless they try to keep powder dry for Wests next week at the same venue?
Not sure they will take the foot off the peddle, form can be tricky to turn back on.

My suspicious nature does have some reservations about this game .

2018 UQ played GPS in the last game of the regular season and then again in the Major Semi for two strong wins only to lose to them in the GF.

2021 played them in what ended up being the last game of the regular season and got soundly beaten at home. Turned that around quite comprehensively in the GF.

UQ only need a bonus point to lock in 2nd on the table, but doubt they will be looking for anything other than a win.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Harry Higgins starting at 7 for Wests today, has he been playing off the bench/Reggies?

Handy player to have for finals if he’s qualified.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Harry Higgins starting at 7 for Wests today, has he been playing off the bench/Reggies?

Handy player to have for finals if he’s qualified.
He has started at least one game this year - was probably equal best on ground with Dobbins back in round 10 against UQ

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Well things went pretty much as planned at GPS today, that UQ side is good.

How about the other games? I haven’t managed to watch any.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wests were rusty? Or just off their game in an uninspiring game. Uelese’s lineout work was very poor and cost the Dogs a lot of momentum. Dobbins was great off the bench.

UQ next week right? Yikes.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wests were rusty? Or just off their game in an uninspiring game. Uelese’s lineout work was very poor and cost the Dogs a lot of momentum. Dobbins was great off the bench.

UQ next week right? Yikes.
How was Henry on return? In the few minutes I caught towards the end of the first, he looked pretty sharp for someone who's missed so much footy in the last 12mo

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond Uni v Easts yesterday

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Injuries yesterday to Nasser, Ripley, Kailea and a concussion to Twidale make things interesting. Heart broken for Nasser after only just returning, he will be a gun when he can stay on the park and work on his craft for an extended period. The most open competition going into finals I can remember

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Injuries yesterday to Nasser, Ripley, Kailea and a concussion to Twidale make things interesting. Heart broken for Nasser after only just returning, he will be a gun when he can stay on the park and work on his craft for an extended period. The most open competition going into finals I can remember

Those injuries to UQ will level the playing field a bit. Honestly haven’t seen a performance from GPS all year that makes me think they can win it all. But who knows, they will be preparing well and have blokes who know how to win.

Wests have been a bit off the boil the last few weeks, but they’ve also been safe for a while and had players coming in and out of the team. I wouldn’t be surprised for them to get done by UQ next weekend though.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I hope GPS address their Doherty Shield placing. They are the lowest club in the ladder who have a full assortment of teams down to 6ths and Colts 3

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Tiger final grade placing were acceptable given Prem (6th) and Reserve (5th) just miss final - knock out by Bond yesterday.

Women in major semi v GPS.

3rd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade finished on the season table 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Colt 1, 2 and 3 finish 3,4 and 5 respectively.

Predicting top 4 for Prem in 2023.