• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
So this weekend is confusing for me.
Normally during the season each club will host a full compliment of grades ie 6 to 8 games.
Why is it split between 2 venues that are 90KM apart? Very painful for club supporters who want to be at both grounds.

Bond host Prems, 2nds, colts1 and womens
Sunnybank host the rest - 3rds,4ths, 5ths colts 2 , 3
It is a bad joke!

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
Skipping over the prelims for a moment.

now that the broncos have been rolled from the NRL Finals… how about hosting a allday grand final event for all teams at Suncorp on the Saturday (no test match)

how good of a experience would that be with the main event happening in the twilight hours/primetime.
Totally agree. It would have been FAB for all and great for all the local hospitality venues.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
UQ Team List Prediction

1 - Zander
2 - Flavell
3 - Fa'agase
4 - Solia
5 - Aedo Kailea
6 - Morrey
7 - Wallis
8 - Mitchell
9 - Thomas
10 - Twidale
11 - Oats
12 - Jooste
13 - Grealy
14 - Pincus
15 - Campbell

Brothers Team List Prediction

1 - Hoopert
2 - Henegan
3 - Christian
4 - Hyne
5 - Smith
6 - Connolly
7 - McReight (haha)
8 - Wilson
9 - Christian
10 - O'Connor
11 - Creighton
12 - Stewart
13 - James
14 - Hyne
15 - Adams

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
With the lacklustre Wallaby results and some more injuries (of particular note Lolesio’s head knock and Paisami), I wonder if the likes of Wilson, Campbell and possibly even JOC (James O'Connor) could end up playing in a few weeks.

I think they’ll all play this weekend, but the GF could be interesting. I guess it’s a Sunday, they could backup in theory.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
With the lacklustre Wallaby results and some more injuries (of particular note Lolesio’s head knock and Paisami), I wonder if the likes of Wilson, Campbell and possibly even JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) could end up playing in a few weeks.

I think they’ll all play this weekend, but the GF could be interesting. I guess it’s a Sunday, they could backup in theory.

Bledisloe is Thursday night.

think it’s very likely they back up

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Bledisloe is Thursday night.

think it’s very likely they back up

Yep thanks for reminding me. In that case, if any of those guys were on the selection radar, it's possible they're more likely to miss this weekend considering the short Sunday to Thursday backup.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Has Michael Richards retired over at GPS? Maybe I didn’t hear it correct but when they reference him playing 200 games on Stan’s clubland they made reference that sundays result is not the way you’d want to go out on your 200th game.

I don’t know if horan/swainy were implying going out like that on your season or career.

if he has hung them up then what a great career he has had. Surely he’d be in the mixer for the Japan tour squad trial.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
He’s definitely playing like a bloke with a few more years left. Fairly sure he’s only just turned 29. I think they were more referencing a loss during the milestone game.

I caught up with his brother Nick not long ago, who unfortunately had to hang the boots up for the year due to head knocks. He mentioned he was keen to get back on the field next year with his brother.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Teams are up on rugby xplorer:

UQ 1ST GRADE MEN

1 Isaac Aedo Kailea
2 Cameron Flavell
3 Dane Zander
4 Pat Morrey
5 Fergus Lillicrap
6 Conor Mitchell
7 Sam Wallis
8 Nuku Swerling
9 Kalani Thomas
10 Bradley Twidale
11 Maconal Grealy
12 Nicholas Jooste
13 Kye Oates
14 Joe Pincus
15 Jock Campbell

BROTHERS 1ST GRADE MEN

1 Harry Hoopert
2 Dustin Henegan
3 Jaiden Christian
4 Bradford Kapa
5 Ryan Smith
6 Jonte Connolly
7 Dillon Wihongi
8 Harrison Wilson
9 Mosiah Christian
10 James O''connor
11 Lawson Creighton
12 Hamish Stewart
13 Patrick James
14 Sam Hyne
15 Tayler Adams

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I see Wilson and Campbell in the Bledisloe Cup squad. With all the injuries in Wallabies will they be withdrawals for Sunday’s game?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just noticed Tom Moloney is on the bench again this week for Brothers. Who has been taking the captain’s duties?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
predictions for tomorrow?

I want UQ to win giving us the unfinished business grand final all the fans want to see after that 37-37 result.

everyone is saying brothers is the hot team but UQ also in great form (haven’t recorded a loss since round 10) - should of won last week had it not been for the craziest 3 minute sequence until end of regulation..

heart says brothers (Yuk)
mind says brothers.

Let’s go UQ!